“Hamilton family summer adventure”

Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Las Cruces
“Hamilton family summer adventure”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We loved it!!! Such a beautiful place with even more beautiful people. The food & severice was fantastic! The diving was so wonderful for my husband & son to do together . The spa was perfect. We had such fun we will be back as soon as we can . Thank you all for a great family vacation:))

Room Tip: Ocean front!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia H
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort.

Hopefully we can have you back relaxing once again in a near future.

Henry Walther

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Hebrew first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We have traveled to dozens & dozens of tropical islands over the last 35 years. Always wanted to visit Cozumel & kept Presidente in my memory bank after much research. This resort lived up to our higher expectations. The staff is remarkable; virtually everyone greeted us with a smile on their face & were extremely friendly and accomodating. We stayed in a beachfront, which runs perpendicular to the sea, which gave excellent access to the beach & sea. Additionally, we loved the outdoor rain shower(yes-you get an inside one as well) The best views are in the reef rooms, which run parallel to the sea. However, the only access into the water from those rooms is down a ladder, or walking further in order to get to the beach and restaurant & bars(there are actually 2 beaches-with 1 being larger & closer to the cana brava bar/grill). The water quality was excellent with incredible visibility for snorkelers at reefs right off the beach. A nice variety of tropical fish, sting-rays, & small barracuda. The resort never seemed crowded, of course, this is the slower time of year. Our room included a buffet breakfast which was outstanding, we used it as a brunch, which carried us well into later evening dinners. The fruit variety, presentation, & freshness was to die for! The hotel grounds are immaculate & inviting. Both pools are top notch, with great water quality, & a plethora of excellent towels and covered cushions to elevate your knees. The food is decent, but we did rent a car & preferred eating at a few nice restaurants in town with excellent cuisine. There is plenty to do, or not do if you choose. There is a small but very nice gym & spa on the grounds, as well as tennis courts. The concierge will easily arrange golf, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, sailing, etc. outings.
After travelling the world for a few decades, I always ask my spouse & myself the same question(because we love seeing different regions)--Would I return here? and Would I stay in the same resort? The answer is a resounding YES to both.

5 Thank NextVacation7
Dear Guest,

Thank you, we appreciate your comments about your recent stay in our resort, It was a pleasure to serve you like always.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your room, the hotel beach and the friendliness of our staff.

We hope you visit us once again in the near future.

CT
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I would just be echoing lots of other reviews to state how great this property is. Beach is stunning. Food is very good (pricey but good). Pool is pretty average -- the water is warm like a bathtub, so you can't cool off in it. The service and staff is great. Beachfront rooms, with outdoor showers, stone patios, hamocks, all fantastic. The real point I wanted to make here is that the snorkeling right off the beach on the property is fantastic. The reef right up against the beach is the same reef as at Chankanaab. You can go to the top of the property, and float down the beach for about an hour, with little effort, and see some huge and beautiful fish, including beautiful rays. The scuba doo place was pretty weak. We rented equipment for a week, which was pricey, and they didn't have the right sizes. My daughter's mask leaked and then they claimed not to have another mask that could fit her. Really? They didn't have flippers that were my size, not because they were otherwise rented, just because they didn't have any in stock at all. I am an 11.5 -- not a very strange size. I felt like I was incoveniencing them with my business. Better to bring your own equipment and not deal with them. That was the only poor service I had at the hotel for the week. But the snorkeling itself -- just dynamite!

Room Tip: Beach front -- worth any extra money
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your recent stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter.

I look forward to welcome you again very soon, to this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2012

As always this hotel has always mantained a high quality of service. We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Very relaxing and the people that work here are so nice and will do anything to make your trip enjoyable. The first floor ocean view rooms have their own patios with hammocks. The hotel also has its own small beach. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The first floor ocean view rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We hope you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I can't say enough good things about this resort. I stayed here because of the dive shop on site, which made getting my open water certification very convenient. The hotel grounds were beautiful and I enjoyed the beach, especially since I've stayed at other places in Cozumel with little or no beach access. Our room was spacious and very clean, and I enjoyed the amenities such as the coffee maker, toiletries, and beach bag. The staff was polite and very helpful, giving us excellent recommendations for restaurants, shopping and sightseeing away from the hordes of cruise ship passengers. And Scuba Du made my trip an amazing experience. Francisco was my dive instructor and he could not have been more patient and helpful (and I'm not a particularly easy student, so that is saying a lot). I can't wait for my next trip, and I will definitely be staying here again and diving with Scuba Du.

1 Thank Kristi S
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for have taken the time to visit us and write your comments about our staff, property and our Dive Shop "Scuba Du".

We constantly strive to get people to leave with unforgettable experiences and if we done this, we feel very satisfied.

I look forward to welcoming you soon, here at your home away from home.

Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have to say that this is a 5 star resort for Cozumel. The rooms are nice, the public areas lovely, and the staff is top notch! The restaurants are good, but not inspired. There are better restaurants in town.

We encountered the same problem with diving as a previous reviewer. PADI had a conference and somehow was able to cancel our reservations made months ago. We ended up having to dive in the afternoon, which was no bug deal, but it shouldn't have happened. This is probably not a hotel issue, but a dive shop issue.

We did catch the tail end of Ernesto and missed 2 days of diving. We were credited a $100., which didn't cover the cost, but was a nice gesture since I don't think they are responsible for weather related problems.

All in all, we enjoyed the place and will return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your comments and feedback which I have shared with my team, as well as Scuba Du.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in general and you had a positive experience with our staff service.
In reference to our fine dining, we have taken note of your comments. We do believe there is room for improvement and will work on it.
In regards to the Scuba Du we have been in touch in order to find always the best service for our guest.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience, hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 12 August 2012

After doing some research, we decided to move to a luxurious resort during our stay on cozumel. This appeared to be the nicest place available and I think it was. The price is quite a bit higher than other lodging on cozumel, and the incremental value is probably not there. The location is fairly nice, being close to town, but just a little south for some privacy. Restaurant options and quality are lacking. Mosquitos got into our room several times, once after the maid left the porch door open. Only one pool. Cool shipwreck right off shore that you can snorkel to. Great place in Cozumel, but lacking compared to other fine beach resorts elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby
1 Thank JTML777
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Hopefully we can have you back relaxing once again in a near future.