Let me preface this by saying I’m not the type of person who takes to the internet to complain frequently, but this is such an awful experience I want to spare anyone else the misery of staying at this place. We stayed at the hotel during the Cozumel Ironman 2013, and it was quite busy. Almost from the beginning, things were not up to expectations. Upon arrival, the internet did not work, and we called the front desk who assured us they’d send IT to assist (we’re still waiting for that assistance---they never came). No problem, we were at the hotel to relax anyway. That night, we were awoken by a persistent dripping noise, which my husband kept getting up to check on, thinking the shower was leaking. Despite multiple attempts, he couldn’t locate the source of the noise and simply closed the bathroom door. The next morning, we were awoken by the sounds of lawn mowing, which began before 9am, and we discovered that the dripping noise was coming from the TOILET in the room above us (ew!).
We headed off to inform the front desk that our room was flooded with toilet water from the room above us, and went to breakfast. At breakfast, ~9:30 am, they informed us that they had no eggs in the entire hotel, and as such the breakfast menu was mostly unavailable and the buffet consisted of fruit and bread, with some quesadillas. That’s it. I’m not kidding.
We returned from breakfast to find that our bathroom was still flooded, and no one at the front desk knew anything except that maintenance had been called, but no one knew when maintenance would arrive or how the problem would be fixed. After my husband became upset, they agreed to move us to another room, only 4 doors away. When the bellman showed up to move us, he told us we were going to a room on the other side of the hotel, and we were puzzled. It turned out, the room we were originally going to be moved to had a “maintenance issue” as well!
There were numerous other issues, including awful service at breakfast, hotel restaurants that were unaccommodating to the extreme (refused to seat us in an empty restaurant even though we were guests of the hotel because we didn’t have a reservation), and a hotel location that’s extremely far from town and anything you’ll conceivably want to do off the resort.
I’m telling you this story because I want to spare you the agony of staying in a dated hotel with the worst service I’ve ever experienced. Is it likely that your room will leak toilet water? Probably not. However, will you be inconvenienced by this absolutely abysmal customer service? Almost certainly. This is the worst service I’ve ever experienced at a hotel, regardless of how many stars it purports to have. On an island with such awesome weather and so much to do, you’re much better off spending your time and money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente