Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I really loved loved the room. bathroom is huge and tub is even bigger. The food was not good and the hotel was not worth the price we paid for it. I would rather stay at an all inclusive. Room service food was bad too.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa!

We are really sorry for not meeting your expectations; although we never want to know that one of our guest does not has had good experience, our committed is always provide good services and we are taking notes of your comments.

We will be very please if you allow us to serve you once again in the future.

Henry Walther

Write a ReviewReviews (1,797)

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Presidente Cozamel is a jewel on island of Cozamel. Lovely, large rooms, all with an amazing views, are spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The staff is professional and completely service oriented. From the doorman who greet your arrival to the wait staff, everyone works to make your visit a pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2014
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have been writing and have been sharing your comments. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team services and facilities. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Was really excited to be staying at Presidente as it was highly recommended by a friend and I had looked longingly at their beach on several prior visits. And so begins the disappointment....
1. I booked and anticipated a pool view room with "outdoor shower, indoor soaking tub" ..."with private balcony, most have hammocks". When we arrived our room was not ready, so we were asked to have lunch at the bar by the pool which was $80.00 USD for two sandwiches, a pinacolada, 3 beers and tip. I planned to upgraded to ocean view on arrival, but decided not to after seeing the bill for lunch. I was then told the room did not have an outdoor shower, although I believe ultimately we got a better terrace facing the nearly empty adult only pool. I was very disappointed to see we did not get a hammock and few pool view rooms had them.
2. Upon checking in, the lady that sells time shares walked us to our room, but did not brief us on the spa, gym or other available ammenities such as private dinners or bon fires. We didnt even get a room service menu in our room till day three. There were no robes in the room, and we had to locate and fetch our own ice (which should be done by the bell man when he brings the bags). We had to request robes twice before they were delivered.
3. Our non soaking tub/with shower (rainhead was nice) WOULD NOT DRAIN the entire week we were there. I asked 4 times and waited 2 days to have maintenance work on it making only marginal improvement.
4. NOISEY! The hotel while stunning, has tiled floors and stone walls allowing for substancial echo. Our second night, people across the hall had a party in their rooms, and hallway. Security not only failed to monitor the noise level but we had to call the front desk twice in the middle of the night before they actually addressed the issue at 0430 hrs.
5. The walls are paper thin!! As in if you have a neighbor you can actually hear them urinating in the toilet on the adjacent side of the bathroom wall. And the trailor trash neighbors that arrived on the second to last night took their indoor furniture outside to play cards loudly until the wee hours of the morning like we were at the holiday in or something.
6. Housekeeping was inconsistent. They would forget the bath mats one day, coffee or sugar for coffee maker, etc. the next. When we asked for more coffee (its designed for their special coffee maker, clearly I'm not taking it home with me) because it takes two packs to make one cup of coffee, they kept saying they would send it. After 3 requests and 8 hrs, I went to the front desk to ask for more. Upon speaking with the attendant, he advised that I had already recieved the coffee delivery. I told them it had not arrived and he pointed to a clipboard insisting it was there (and it wasnt) He finally agreed to send more coffee.
7. The staff was primarily younger and frankly not friendly. The more senior staff members were friendly, made eye contact and would say hello or goodmorning etc if you spoke to them. The vast majority sadly avoided eye contact when they saw you coming, rarely spoke or even returned a basic hello. I believe they were more frightened of guests than intentionally being rude. I was sad to think they worked at a hotel where they were scared to say goodmorning to guests and try not to be seen at all. I have not found this elsewhere in Cozumel and was troubled by it.
8. With a handful of exceptions nearly every staff member we spoke to did not speak english. Like not even enough to order a bagel to go or fresh towels. Fortunately, we speak enough spanish to get the job done.
9. I emailed the hotel ahead of time to request information about a private dinner on the beach and bon fire, but recieved no response. I asked the attendant at the front desk if they wcould schedule it for us and she said she didnt know if it was possible but didnt ask her boss or anyone else working the desk simply walking away. I asked again the next night for just the fire and desert as we already had a dinner reservation. We went to an early dinner and went straight back to the hotel only to find a letter on the bed saying we could not have the fire we had scheduled that night due to another event on the beach. We layed on the beach and enjoyed the stars anyway. They offered to reschedule later in the week but the moment was sort of gone at that point.
10. We had to carry our own bags, full of heavy dive gear to the lobby to check out. They were more concerned about verifying how much/ if we drank from the minbar than assisting us with check out, bags or inquiring how our stay was. The only person who sought us out during our trip was the lady selling time shares.
I have stayed at fine hotels around the world and this one is beautuful. But the staff is disorganized. The housekeepers are overworked and often dont get to cleaning the room till evening. The hotel does a poor job putting people in areas of the property geared based on their reason for travel. Put divers and couples further from people that are there to party, or have young kids. It is a beautiful and relaxing property, but they need to provide more consistent, better and more friendly service.
So many beautiful properties on Coz, we will think twice before staying here for our fall trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mobtowndiver

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa!

We would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments, believe me your feedback is really appreciated, we have taken notes of your pleasant recommendations.

We are really sorry for not meeting your expectations; although we never want to know that one of our guest does not has had good experience, comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our operations and make necessary improvements.

We will be very please if you allow us to serve you once again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife, 8 year old son and I stayed at the Presidente Intercontinental and had a great time. We paid a little more for the junior Ocean Suite and it was worth it. Lots of room, great!! bathroom with tub by the window, roomy shower and his and hers sinks.
The staff was friendly and helpful and I have to single out Sophie the concierge who was most helpful. Also, Michelle Prima (sp?) of Scuba Du (the on-site dive operation) was a wonderful scuba guide for my 2 tank resort course dive. She helped me with my camera (pics to come Michelle!) and showed me all kinds of ocean wildlife. We saw a baby nurse shark, lobsters, barracuda, 2 eagle rays and a moray eel. And those are just the ones I know the names of.

My son enjoyed both the pool and the beach and the putting green. He also enjoyed the snorkling right in front of the resort.

I would highly recommend the Presidente.

Room Tip: We liked the roominess of the Junior Ocean View Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review and positive comments which I am sharing with all the team.

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours since our main goal is to exceed guests' expectations. We continue working on innovation, being authentic and original, and most important in satisfying our customers every time. I will share this comments with our concierge Sophie and our dive shop Scuba Du.

I am glad you had another memorable stay and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

First thing we noticed is that we did not get hassled for a timeshare which was refreshing after a long day of travel. Second is that the staff was very accomodating and upgraded our room to a king sized bed overlooking the ocean for no extra charge(We recommend staying in rooms 1508 thru 1520 if possible). Third was that it is a private beach without vendors or anyone else trying to sell you things. The snorkeling off the beach was just as good or better than a lot of places in Mexico, although we do recommend checking out Palancar reef as well. The thing you have to be prepared for is that it is somewhat far away from town so it will be a 100 peso cab ride every time you need to go shopping or out to dinner. So, if you like privacy and a quiet, relaxing atmosphere, this place is for you and if you want a place more lively and loud, you may want to stay closer to town. I definitely recommend the Presidente.

Room Tip: Beachside rooms on the second level that begin with 1502 are the best
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave55410

Dear Guest,

We really apreciated every single word you wrote on your comments, thank you very much for doing it and hopefully, we can have you back very soon. As you wrote, this hotel was created in order to provide the best relax time and avoid the crowded areas and sellers. So we are glad to know that you enjoy the facilities and services of our property.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A visit to Cozumel and El Presidente has been the ultimate relaxing vacation for my husband and I for the past 20 years. We tried a few new destinations the past two years, and as good as they were, they were not the ultimate. We come here because the staff is friendly and the service is impeccable. The rooms are all large and have great amenities. Being an Ambassador member, we have been upgraded many times and experienced all of the rooms.If you have ever stayed in the suite or the reef room, you were not only in a huge room , but had your own balcony or patio and hammock. But did I mention the view? This is what we come for. The peace, the quiet, the gorgeous view of turquoise, and blue water that is not found anywhere else. We come for the luxury of doing nothing and realizing the true beauty of nature. Seeing the pelicans, parrot fish, iguanas, and birds right outside your door, it only happens here. Breakfast on your private patio overlooking the water, snorkeling in the clearest water for up to 80 ft visibility, then sipping your margarita and watching the sunset, being serenaded by guitar music by Antonio Laranca. Life does not get any better! As a cancer survivor I appreciate ever day. But every day here is truly special and a gift. Please continue your great work . Thank you for a very special birthday weekend. We look forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: Join the Ambassador club! It is the way to go.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ctldallas

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time to sharing your experience you had. I am sharing your comments with all my staff. As you mentioned Antonio Loranca is one of the best musicians on the island, and hear his music while you are watching the sunset take your breath.

I look forward to see you in a near future in this little piece of heaven.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a great place to relax. Far enough out of town to be away from the cruise ship crowd. Close enough that it only costs $8 to run to town for dinner at night. We enjoyed that it was not an all inclusive resort as it gave us reason to explore the island. Snorkle right outside your room or just relax along the small beach. Work out room was adequate? This was the perfect place for a late winter get away

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort.

As you mentioned our island is perfect to rent a jeep and drive around, while you enjoy the perfect views of our turquoise water, like the beach on the property with a wide diversity of marine life, perfect for snorkeling or just relaxing.

Hopefully we can have you back relaxing once again in a near future.