Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa
US$169
US$143
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$140
US$136
US$242
US$236
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$118
US$200
US$195
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$456
1,910 results
All reviewsscuba duoutdoor showerreef roomalfredo di romael caribenole capnapa grillocean suitefishbest hotel on the islandmain restaurantdive shopbreakfast buffetadult pooltennis courtsoutdoor restaurantocean front
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our 5 night stay was a combination of points and free night between my husband and my account and even though we did not receive an upgrade we loved the pool king size room we had.
The room was big & loved the hammock outside and the outdoor shower too.
Your staff was very friendly, corteous and helpful. ( especially the lifeguard)
We did not encounter any pushy timeshare salespeople either.
We enjoyed the daily wake up call with complimentary coffee and a surprise plate of chocolate covered fruit on one of our nights.
The beach and snorkeling were great too as well as the happy hour and the food at the Grill very pricey but large portions, only ate 2x there.
The mini bar was absurdly expensive as a can of coke was $6US.
Shop at Mega & store your own drinks in the mini bar although it does not keep items very cold.
There was an area though that I was not happy about and that was our room housekeeper .
She kept moving items that were in my way on the bathroom sink back to where they were originally.
She kept moving back the huge box of tissues which I put on the chest in the entryway, she moved my toothbrush out of the glass that I had set in it, also moved my husbands's items out of the way and pushed into a corner.
I fully undertsand that she needed to clean but she needs to respect where the guests put items and leave them untouched.
On the 3rd day I asked her not to move my toothbrush and the rest of the items I put in a drawer out of her way.
Also having housekeeping come around 2x a day was a bit much especially around 9pm at night .
The towels we used were replaced daily and I did not find that was necessary or very eco-friendly.
Even though the resort is older and upkeep of the grounds is immaculate, more attention is needed to the adult pool of missing and falling off tiles and running the filter, which was not on any of the times I was swimming so some debris was in the pool and not filtered out.

Overall we had a very pleasant 5 day stay,

1  Thank islabonita
Henry W, Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments and recomendations with all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my third visit to the Presidente and we throughly enjoyed our stay.

The Service: it was warm and friendly from the moment we arrived. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have a nice experience. We were touched each time we passed someone working there and they would stop to acknowledge us and put their hand over their heart. We did not encounter the time share sales pressure expressed in some of the other reviews. Not one person approached us on this.

The Room: we had a room with a wonderful ocean view. The room itself was very clean, comfotable and spacious. Housekeeping did a fantastic job throughout our stay - yet were completely invisible to us. The bathroom was smaller than we might have liked but it met our needs. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were super soft.

The Food: breakfast was included in our stay and we enjoyed the buffet. It had plenty of offerings that changed daily and the food was quite good. Again, the service was wonderful - they made sure we were taken care of. We also had lunch at the hotel four out of five days and while it was pricey, it was delicious. We did not have dinner at the hotel. We enjoyed going out and exploring the local restaurants each evening.

The Beach: this is one of the many reasons I continue to stay at this hotel. The property has a nice beach with really great snorkeling! It's so convenient to just get up off the lounge chair, put your mask on and snorkel away!

The Pools: there are two pools on the property. Being that it was a quiet time of year, we were often the only ones lounging by the pools! The adult pool is secluded and quiet - it was where we spent much our time.

The Gym: we used the gym a couple of times during our stay. It's small - but well maintained. It served its purpose. We did not use the spa.

Overall, the Presidente was excellent. We loved our stay and will certainly return again in the near future. If you are debating whether to stay here, I hope this review helps you make the decision.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have taken the time to visit us and write your comments about our staff, property and our services.

We constantly strive to get people to leave with unforgettable experiences and if we done this, we feel very satisfied.

I look forward to welcoming you soon, here at your home away from home.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed at this property and was disappointed. They are very pushy with their loyalty program. The last time I was here they did the same thing! Their free lunch is not worth the brow beating I got. The concierge asked me if I wanted to be treated like a VIP the next time I come and all I had to do was join the time share program. I replied that I was VIP, just like everyone here, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

3  Thank valerie c
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa!

We would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments, believe me your feedback is really appreciated, we have taken notes of your pleasant recommendations.

We are really sorry for not meeting your expectations; although we never want to know that one of our guest does not has had good experience, comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our operations and make necessary improvements.

We will be very please if you allow us to serve you once again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was not our first visit in a resort in Cozumel, but our first time at the Presidente Inter-Continental. We were very impressed with our stay, and from our experience, this is the most luxurious resort on the island. You won't regret your choice, and you won't want to leave. In the future, we will want to stay here again.

The staff were very professional, friendly, and warm, from our check-in all the way to check-out (with one caveat I'll get to). Everyone you encounter has a smile and is happy to answer a question. Jesus in particular at the rental counter went out of his way to help us. The resort itself is modern, clean, extremely well maintained, and with that certain warm charm you can only find in Cozumel. The beaches were fantastic, with great snorkeling all along the resort, and plenty of comfy lounge chairs, umbrellas, and hammocks. We visited the adults only pool which was secluded and quiet, and great for a before bed dip. Our Ocean View room was large, clean, great view, well appointed, and had a comfy bed. Maid service was fantastic and invisible.

We knew going in from other reviews that the restaurant prices were high. Our stay included a breakfast buffet, which had a large spread and was good, but kind of unremarkable. We ate one lunch at the resort and while it was pricey ($90 with drinks), it was very delicious, perfectly cooked, and I can imagine that the dinners here would also be memorable. But being the adventurous types anyway, for the rest of our meals we hopped in our Mexican Ferrari and navigated around town, armed with TripAdvisor restaurant reviews, or to the east coast to visit some old favorites. For us, this was a fantastic compromise.

Our only tiny caveat were the few instances of sales pressure. We were approached and stopped 3 times by 3 different people, (I guess until the word got out that we weren't interested) to listen to a sales pitch. They were polite, we were polite, and all told, the "no thank you" dance only took up 4-5 minutes of our entire stay so it wasn't a big deal, but it's not something I forgot about, either.

To sum up: excellent resort, gorgeous beaches and snorkeling, relaxed and luxurious vibe, (pricey) delicious food, warm and friendly people. What are you waiting for?

Room Tip: We chose an Ocean View room, on the south side of the resort on the second floor. Beautiful room, beautiful view. Balcony with hammock chair and candles.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your praise and feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our beautiful resort. I am proud to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and that we made you feel welcome. Also your recomendations help us to provide the best services and experiences. Thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel after an extremely poor experience at the Occidental Grand upon checkin. This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are more luxurious than you could ever expect in Cozumel, with well-functioning air conditioning and great amenities throughout the hotel. Service was impeccable, there's 24-hour room service, and the beach is beautiful. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor with beach access are nicer than the second floor with only a beach view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Henry W, Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have been writing and have been sharing your comments. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team services and facilities. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cordially,