Stayed from Aug 24 - 28, 2009.
Room in the two story wing on the bottom floor.
A lot of small things wrong, but a very pleasant stay. Major renovation at this time. Small things like the safe was not bolted to anything or that the in-room patio shower was hooked up backwards (cold was hot, hot was cold). Small things they will quickly iron out.
Similar to the previous reviewer, I found the timeshare pitch inappropriate and offensive. How can the hotel rationalize charging a couple $400/night for room and food, then hitting on you for a timeshare pitch as soon as you walk in the door? Extremely poor judgement. Stop it.
Staff was pleasant, honest and helpful as usual We've stayed at the hotel 6 times over the last 30 years and the service is one of the factors that continues to bring us back. I should qualify the term service though. Discreet service. Immediate service when I ask for it, never bothered until I ask for help.
Another factor is the peace and quiet. Go somewhere else if you want a loud drunken beach party. There was a very loud family that checked into the room next to us the last night. As soon as we politely requested a room change and explained the reason, the hotel staff said they understood, found a quiet room and moved our luggage to it.
The view is like nothing you will ever see.
Excellent food, strong drinks.
Odd the bartenders did not know how to make a Gimlet. Easily explained and flawlessly executed after instruction, but come on guys - this a fundemental important drink. Or at least I think so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente