I've been meaning to write a review of the El Presidente for a long time. Over the past 2 years I have visited the El pres 4 times. Twice with my wife once with one or more families.
The El Presidente is the most luxurious and expensive hotel in Cozumel...Always has been....... The El Pres is best for families or couples .......Its very romantic and if you don't visit during school holidays you won't see any kids. I've been staying at the El Pres for over 20 years and it never has been the best place for partying singles....Its just not the center of singles excitement .
As I said before the El Pres has always been the nicest hotel in Cozumel but after the hurricane several years back it was nearly wiped out. The good news is that they spent nearly 35 million on the remodel and it is now at its peak ! You'll find fine high thread count linens, nice soaps and towels,Large flat screen televisions, and generally nice sized rooms. wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel including the beach for those of you that like to saty plugged in. The room service is great and the service throughout the hotel is excellent. The spa is lame and overpriced so don't bother with it. The best rooms at the El Presidente are the Beach Front superior rooms(4100's). with the reef rooms coming in a close second. If you are fortunate enough to stay in one of these rooms your room is actually on the beach........ no walking through a large hotel lobby or taking an elevator open your door and your on it. Also these rooms are the most secluded for romantic getaways. They serve drinks and food at the beach and 2 swimming pools(all recently remodeled) You can have breakfast in your room or in the big Palapa out on the water where they serve a nice buffet everyday. I prefer the room service to the dinner and lunch menu in the restaraunt though the fajita nachos are perfectly decent. They have a high end italian restaurant (Alfredos I think) on the premises its pretty god but expensive and you can order off Alfredos menu for room service which is nice. In general their is plenty of good food in town and You'll eat breakfast at the hotel and head out for dinner unless your feeling lazy and want room service. The in house dive shop Scuba Du is just fine. They can accommodate just about anything you want. They certified my eleven year old. And if you dive with them they handle all your gear and clean it and take it to and from the boat etc and stor it until your next dive. It is possible to have other dive operators pick you up at the El Pres but the currents can be intense and they don't always want to. I sometimes dive with Anita Divers that docks at the marina next door. You can charter their huge, comfortable, but old boat for a fraction of what ScubaDu charges. I have been diving with them for more than twenty years. http://www.anitadiverscozumel.net/ ok back to the El Pres. The Reef outside the El Pres used to be a beautiful place to scuba dive and its still interesting at the little boat wreck there but the reef itself was trashed by several hurricanes. Their is usually a light current and you can dive in at one end of the hotel and have a nice drift snorkel down to the other end. I always feel secure at the El Presidente I have no problem letting my nine year old have the run of the place. The biggest trouble they will find are the giant iguanas that have the run of the place. I always call the hotel direct in Cozumel to make my reservation I have found this to be the best way to get things done. They have a car rental on site which generally strokes upper end tourists staying their but with a little persistence they give in or you can always call Freddy over at alamo and have him deliver you a car at a reasonable price. For families I cant stress the benefit of staying right on the beach when a trip back to the room isn't a 20 minute ordeal but 2minutes that any child can mange on their own. One more thing the hotel has a really nice simple elegant architecture about it.
with lots of plants...You'll love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente