My husband and I stayed at the Palace from 23-29 May for our honeymoon. We upgraded to Concierge level before we arrived and our room was beautiful. The Palace is a great resort with service that is second to none; it just didn’t really meet our expectations for a romantic honeymoon destination. We have visited Cozumel before, but this was our first time at the Palace.
We let the resort know this was our honeymoon, and received the very nice honeymoon package, including cake, sparkling wine and a romantic dinner (which wasn’t…but I’ll get to that). Our room was located on the 4th floor with an ocean view. However, the noise from the hallways woke us nightly, and a baby in a room a couple of doors down cried quite a bit. We could hear it even with closed doors, and the parents walked it up and down the halls to quiet it. I understand that the Palace is not an adults-only resort, but we would have like to have been in a more secluded part of the hotel as honeymooners.
There were a couple of weddings at the resort during the time we were there. Unfortunately, the large groups made more of a party atmosphere than we would have liked. The pool was often crowded, and on the night we had our "romantic" dinner (party of the honeymoon package) in the Italian restaurant, there were two large groups at tables nearby who were so loud we had to yell to have a conversation. We finally asked for our desserts to be delivered to our room.
We had previously stayed at an adults-only resort on Cozumel. The food at the Palace was far superior, but the drinks are so watered down it is ridiculous. We drank all week (and I’m a “lightweight” when it comes to alcohol) and never really felt a buzz. We joked that we should have bought some tequila in town to bring down to the pool to add to our drinks or brought liquor down from the minibar in the room.
Overall, the Palace is a great resort for snorkeling, the free credits, the food and especially the service. Our waiters and service staff (Gabriel, Fili and Chubby were all great) were wonderful and attentive. If we were traveling with family or a larger group, it would probably have been just what we wanted (aside from the noise and the watered down drinks). But for a romantic honeymoon, it missed the mark for us this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort