After looking at a lot of places we took the recommendation of our travel agent and I am glad we did! The Palace was great! The rooms are large and comfortable and include a hot tub. The food is amazing! If you don't see something you want, ask and they will typically make it for you! We tried each of the restaurants and had a honeymoon dinner. It would have been nice if they put the honeymoon dinner on the "beach" with the romatic dinners that you can buy with your credits but that didn't take away from the quality of the food. The only other semi-complaint I have is that the portions for dinner seemed small. I am not a big guy but after a day of diving I get hungry! They do let you order whatever you want though so I can't really complain. The hotel is in a great spot, a short walk into town, 8 minutes from the airport (by taxi) and right on the water. If you want a beach, there isn't really one other than two sandy areas but they don't really go down into the water. We didn't care and enjoyed the amazing pool and great snorkeling right off the pier. We saw rays, eels, parrot fish and other great sealife right next to the hotel. It is my understanding that the hotel just purchased Aqua Safari (Dive shop). They seem to still be getting the administrative stuff with the dive shop sorted out because they seemed unorganized but the diving was great and the dive masters were great (see Aqua Safari for my reivew of the dive operation). We had one small issue while we were there with a misunderstanding of what was supposed to be included in our package but after a short discussion with the manager all was taken care of, just make sure you take all the paperwork from booking so you have proof of what you purchased. The other item is the resort credits. This is one of the reasons we choose to come to the Palace. While the Palace was more expensive than some of the other resorts, the credits made up for it. The problem is they change the rules on how the credits can be used. My understanding before the trip was that it was $125 for a two tank dive including gear rental (confirmed by other reviewers). However, once we got there they changed the price to $79 for a two tank dive but no gear and you can't use the credits for gear rental any more (FYI, gear rental was $26/person per day). This change did not end up impacting us very much but if you are trying to plan out how you want to use your credits I can see how them changing the rules may impact your plans which is frustrating when you are on vacation. The other change was the tax rate. I am guessing it happened on the 1st of the year. All my charges were at 11% tax until the 1st when I bought the "Tequila Package" (3 small bottles of fairly cheap tequila). The tequila was $100 of room credits, should have been $11 USD, I was charged $16. Not a huge deal and not worth arguing about but definetly would have been annoying if all of my charges were at 16%.
Overall, I would have to say I would go back if I wanted to go to a resort. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort