“Wonderful!!!”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Traveled to Cozumel 1/16-1/21/2014 and stayed at the Cozumel Palace. This was our first visit to Cozumel and a Palace Hotel. What a wonderful place. The staff here is very welcoming and gracious; we never had a complaint about anything. The food was great and plentiful; the grounds kept immaculate, and the hotel very clean. The only thing lacking about this place is that there is no beach. You can still swim in the ocean off of their deck and use their snorkeling gear if you wish. There were the usual pool activities during the day and some light entertainment at night. All the wait staff and bartenders are wonderful. They will give you anything you ask for and use high quality ingredients and liquors. Another plus is that the people here do not hassle you with timeshare opportunities and no vendors selling junk/services. It was wonderful sleeping at night with the doorwall open and listening to the ocean waves crashing against the rocks. We ordered room service a couple of times and it always arrived promptly with a smile. I loved this place and will definitely come back and will highly recommend it to anyone except spring breakers who I think would find it a little boring.

Room Tip: I believe most rooms have an ocean view. My daughter and I had room 308 which was a junior suite an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn N
Write a ReviewReviews (3,829)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This trip was our fourth to the island and our first staying at the Cozumel Palace. We have stayed on both the north and south ends of Cozumel. The Cozumel Palace is perfectly and centrally located. It has a great oceanfront and is a very short walk to town, approximately 5-10 minutes.

We had to postpone our trip a few days because my husband had to have emergency surgery (appendicitis). The reservations staff was more than accomodating and let us postpone our trip without question. Once we finally arrived to our destination, transportation was a breeze. We were taken care of flawlessly by the gentleman (Ivan) that handled our transfers. At the resort, we were greeted with cool towels, a refreshing drink and flowers. Check in was simple and quick and after a short wait (our flight arrived well before check-in time) we were shown to our room. The accomodations were elegant and sparkling clean. Everything was as promised.

Our week in Cozumel was relaxing, invigorating and fun mostly due to the amazing staff at the Cozumel Palace. Throughout our time at the pool, Roger provided amazing service. He was so attentive and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed at any time. Josh is one of the activity directors at the pool and while the position tends to be one of annoyance, he was not annoying at all. He was a joy to be around and he actually got us to participate in a lot of the activities. Also Alejandro, one of the waiters in the restaurant where we ate breakfast everyday, was great! He was always smiling and he went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. Wilma in the same restuarant, greeted us with a smile every day and a very refined level of hospitality and professionalism. There are so many others that I would like to acknowledge and thank but I can't remember everyone's names. We also used the spa services, my husband got a haircut and I got the citrus massage. Both services were amazing and well worth the cost.

The only complaint I would have is that the walls/doors aren't terribly soundproof and were awoken a couple of nights by people walking by our room or other doors slamming. While annoying, it certainly would not deter us from staying here again.

We have stayed at numerous other resorts and locations throughout the Caribbean and this was one of our best vacations yet. We have also stayed at other Palace resorts and the Cozumel Palace lives up to their name. We stayed as a couple and were celebrating our anniversary. While there were a lot of other couples vacationing there as well, the resort is completely family-friendly. We cannot wait to go back and take our two small children with us next time!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront. I don't think there is a bad room in the entire resort!
3  Thank Kristin J
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was our 2nd trip to the Cozumel Palace, and soon to be our 3rd in April of this year! The staff are 2nd to none! They all made us feel like family! We have made some good friends with the Palace staff. The staff treated us so good, Wilma greeted us every morning for breakfast, Selene greeted us at dinner time, Richardo was the best to ask for wines, and what was good to eat on the menu, Silvia saw us walk into the resort, and came over and hugged us when we arrived.

The cooks made the best food!

Our thanks to all the staff at the Palace, Angel, Alexander, Daniel, Freddy, Berenice, Yvonne, Roxanne, Alfredo, Roberto, Jose, Rocell, plus all the other staff, that I can remember names.
We look forward to coming back in April for 9 days!

I highly recommend the Cozumel Palace!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sherry N
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The rooms are beautifully appointed as is the whole facility. The attention to keeping things clean and sparkling is very noticeable - which represents the high level of service you will receive here. The pool area is outstanding with different areas to afford whatever mood you are in (sporty/fun; quiet relaxing; and just looking to catch some sun, have a drink and look at the ocean.) The snorkeling right off the back of the hotel is really cool and a very nice surprise. I loved getting up in the morning and going out on my balcony to swing in the hammock, look at the ocean, listening to my music, and getting my head right - great way to start the day. I stayed eight days. Three days started with diving with the hotel scuba team, Aqua Safari, which was great. I liked the big boat which made it seem like a party and gave everyone plenty of room and a nice bathroom if you needed it. The scuba was well run, easy, and had nice shower and locker facilities (for equipment & clothes) to use before and after. When you dive with the hotel scuba company, you never have to leave the resort which means a no hassle experience. If you have a non-diving partner on your trip, this is a great place to stay - your non-diving partner will be happy sleeping late, hitting the pool, going to the spa, or shopping while you dive because it is all so easy to do. The other days I spent golfing, being lazy, shopping, walking, or touring. So much to do. The Cozumel Palace is the best home base for a great vacation that you could ever find. I am a Disney Vacation Club Member and first went to Cozumel on a Disney Cruise ship, so I am used to a very high level of service and facility. This trip was both business and pleasure - my business associate stayed here as well and had a great time too. We both had ocean view junior suites. I look forward to taking my wife here in the near future, as it is a great place to be. The food is very good and they experiment with different preparations, if you get something that you thought was going to be right, but was not for you - then tell them - they will fix it no problem. When it comes to your happiness at this resort - don't hesitate to ask - Cozumel Palace delivers the highest level of service. I had many great meals, a special meal prepared by the Chef that was outstanding (lamb - wow), and I sent something back that I did not like/different from my expectation and got a replacement entree with no hassles/worries and a smile from the folks at the restaurant - they really and sincerely want to make you happy. The hotel entertainment at night was fun too - it was always different. The proximity (walking) to the entire downtown Cozumel strip was great. During my seven night stay, I went out to an Italian restaurant called Guidos - excellent - best lasagne I ever had. Great atmosphere. Again, if you are going to Cozumel, this is the place to stay because it gives you everything and lets you do everything easily. I would say whether you are on business, couples retreat, with kids, without kids, action oriented, or looking to be lazy staying at the Cozumel is a home run. Service is everything and Cozumel Palace provides it. The hotel credits provided with package covered my diving, spa, and a few other things. Its real money and should be factored in when comparing costs of trips. Cozumel Palace is five stars with great value - haven't experienced that elsewhere.

Room Tip: I think Ocean View Suite is perfect for couples or solo. I like higher floors for the view. Make...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We just got back yesterday. I hated leaving. I left feeling like the entire staff were friends of mine. I will probably not spell the names correctly but I hope the staff get the proper recognition. Wilma greeting us at the door for breakfast and dinner was such a sweet delight. Roberto in the Mexican restaraunt and Rocell in the Italian were so friendly and fun when they made us our mexican coffee. Jose Emmanuel who I think was like a matra de wearing a suit and tie was A TOTAL CLASS ACT!!! He talked with us answered questions about the island. Informed us how if we wanted something cooked special he would prepare it. Even if we brought it from outside or caught it in the ocean. The entire staff in all the restaraunts and at the lobby bar who I can't remember their names were all so awesome. Even the workers sweeping the floor look happy to work there. They all treat you as if they care about you. We visited the sister hotel in Playa de Carmen and it was larger and didn't feel as homey. Loved that the Cozumel palace was smaller and it felt like you were family. Oh and the food........it was amazing. Five star!!! The chef even cook a small group his own little five course meal which was awesome. He was quite a character too and enjoyed him very much. The draw backs were the small closet, low water pressure in the shower and the bed was a little short and my feet hung over a bit. Compared to the staff and the service I could care less and am already planning to return next year. LOVED IT!!!!

Room Tip: I'm a sound sleeper so it wouldn't matter to me. But if you are not don't pick a room c...
2  Thank Maggie5261
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We decided on Cozumel Palace after reading several excellent reviews, and I am ecstatic to be able to write one of my own. I was blown away by the service first and foremost, followed closely by the accommodation and the food. My boyfriend and I were looking for a relaxing, luxurious getaway and we could have not chosen a better location. We were waited on hand and foot every step of the way, and were truly spoiled rotten. We were greeted by Abraham who graciously looked after our luggage, brought us cold towels and a cocktail AND a flower. Nice touch! Then our check in process was handled by Sara who was excellent, professional, and very helpful all the way through the trip. At the pool, Andres and Heri were excellent servers. Roger at the pool was probably the most delightful encounter of the whole week. Not only was he an excellent waiter, ensuring we always had exactly what we needed, but went above and beyond in ensuring my umbrella was always in line with the sun, making sure we had fresh cold drinks after volleyball games, and conversing with us. He blew us away. As did Alejandro in the breakfast buffet. he was our breakfast waiter the majority of the time and was such a joy to deal with. The food at this place was great! We had clubhouses sandwiches by the pool almost everyday because they were so yummy. The Mexican restaurant was UNBELIEVABLE and we enjoyed the Italian also. We used some of our resort credit to upgrade our 25 min massages that was included with our room to 75 min full body and man was it worth it! The last day, as I was packing, I realized I had mixed up one of my shirts in the pool towels the day before. Even though the lost and found was not open yet, the vacation planner staff looked after me and I had it back within 5 minutes. That made my day! We stayed in a Junior Suite, with the most beautiful ocean view, and upgraded to the concierge level at time of booking. Would definitely recommend this! If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, this will be the place for you! No drunk teenagers, no screaming babies, the answer was always 'with pleasure' for any request we had. The most relaxing, and enjoyable travel experience I have EVER had, and we will definitely be back. I would be remiss not to mention the activities staff as well. Sirje, Roger, Gabby, and Danny made even the rainy days fun! Awesome work guys and what a beautiful well run resort...I could go on and on and on about how wonderful our experience was....

Room Tip: Ocean Facing Junior Suite on the Concierge Level--we had room 428. Huge balcony, great view of the...
4  Thank Ashleigh W
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent 5 days at the Palace in January of 2013 and had the most incredible experience. Friendly staff, beautiful views from the room and pool deck, great drinks, and surprisingly good food. It was an incredible experience and I would encourage anyone to stay at the Palace. I'm going for 7 days in February of 2014 and couldn't be more excited. I love that the hotel is just 10 minutes from the airport and walkable to the attractions of downtown Cozumel. HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple