“Wow! How did they improve on perfection!”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Houston, Texas
“Wow! How did they improve on perfection!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was the 30th year that we have visited Cozumel at least once a year.
We have been staying at Cozumel Palace since it was bought from Sidek.
From the time we walked in the door and handed a cold towel and welcome drink until we walked out the door to come home, we were treated like family and royalty!
The food was great last year and didn't think it could get better, but it did!
The chef found a way to out do last years food!
They made special orders for me (with 24 hour notice) which was fantastic!
We ordered breakfast to the room and the made to order food was delivered promptly!
The Spa was so good that I purchased two massages!
We was catered to all week by the pool!
We had an umbrella every day.
Our glasses were never empty!
The wait staff was very attentive!
The drinks were all top shelf!
The rooms are very well furnish (IHome radios this year) and very clean with turn down service!
It was so peaceful, I sleep for 12 hours per night!
The customer service personnel was fantastic!
I cannot say enough about the show each night!
My favorite was the Brazilian Samba show!
The managers visited with all guest many time during the week!
Well done employees and management!
We are planning to return in November!
Thanks for the wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best sunset views!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haden L
CozumelPalaceGM, Director General at Cozumel Palace, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Haden L

Thank you very much for your third review and great pictures, each stay you honor us with your comments.

It is pleasing to note your positive comments, I will be sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed, knowing that will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times in the future and once again giving us the opportunity to host you at Cozumel Palace.

jariztegui@palaceresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,287)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at Cozumel Palace. Staff were friendly. Darwin in guest services is very helpful, a real gem. A divers paradise(not that we were divers). Met some great friends. Cocunuts Restuarant/bar on the island is worth a visit, had lovely food and the cocktails looked good too. Just don't ask to see the 'family photo album'. We took a jeep round the island and had a great day exploring the little beaches along the way. If you like Argentinian food I can recommend Del-Sur Empanadas Y Parrilla Argentina very nice decor, staff and the food was amazing. All in all a great trip.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Kim F

Thank you so much for staying at Cozumel Palace, for your comments and for taking the time to share them through Tripadvisor.

Darwin was very pleased to be mentioned, Thank you!

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our third stay at a Palace resort. We stayed at Moon Palace in Cancun and Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen and have enjoyed all three. The staff was great and courteous. We did not get the aggressive sales pitch for time-share that others have mentioned regarding their stay at Cozumel Palace. The food and variety of options was better than expected. Though not world class, the dining was excellent for the setting and never disappointed. There is no beach here but being able to walk or jump off the multiple docks into crystal clear water and snorkel was amazing. Plus the short ferry ride across to Playacar Palace allowed us to enjoy the all-inclusive hospitality and beautiful beaches in Playa del Carmen there as well. See you next year.

Room Tip: Two level suites offer plenty of room for a family of four.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan P
CozumelPalaceGM, General Manager at Cozumel Palace, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Dan P

White Marsh, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My fiancé and I travel quite frequently , at least 3 times a year . I have to say we have stayed at much larger resorts of maybe a little higher class as far as amenities.. BUT sometimes the people who work at the resort completely are well worth the trade off. We were there the week of May 3rd to the 10th. We traveled with my brother, his wife as well as a friend. My fiancée had a bad knee that he was waiting surgery for so needless to say he couldn't do much but still loved the pool and the shows etc. In all the travels we have had NEVER have we experienced the above and beyond attention we had from the staff. From the first night , when they thought we were upset over dinner, when it was just me being a picky eater lol they were jumping to get me whatever I requested. I think if I asked for Mcdonald they would have gotten it. To Martha when we came to dinner each night we loved eating outside each night I mean after all you cant sit outside and have a view of the beautiful blue ocean at home and she greeted us each night by name!! and that just overwhelmed me :) Jesus became our nightly hangout at the lobby bar after the shows, ourselves along with other guests would have him entertain us with his suggestion of drinks and stories of Cozumel , we absolutely fell in love with him and even asked his manager the last night if we could take him home, sadly he said no :( ... All day poolside Francisco(Roger) and the other Roger took care of us with drinks to keep us cool and fed and took care of my fiancée with ice packs for his knee and were always making sure he was ok in the pool. They were his guardian angels , Francisco has requested him to come back so they can do the ironman next year lol ... and we cant forget little Camila with her quiet little charm and attention in the lobby she too was a blessing and angel to us and truly miss seeing her.. the maid in our room was we believe Elizabeth we have never had a maid who was so attentive to detail and clean and provided so good service to our room in another resort we have been in and that in itself is hard to find at a resort. SO as you can see there was absolutely nothing NOTHING to complain about you are missing the experience of your life by not going to visit our new family:) M Clark Baltimore MD

Room Tip: Our room was just over the VIP area and Gazebo Area where the weddings were held so was very beautif...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mari2351
Dear Mari2351

Thank you so much for staying at Cozumel Palace, for your comments and for taking the time to share them through Tripadvisor, we hope your fiancée is doing better with his knee and yes, we hope to see you all next year for the IronMan.

Martha, Jesús, Francisco, Roger, Camila and Elizabeth were very pleased to be mentioned.

North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I, along with other family members, spent a week at the Cozumel Palace a few weeks ago. Usually when we travel we visit cities and spend our vacation time touring and discovering urban or historic areas. So when the opportunity to attend a family destination wedding arose, we decided to try an all-inclusive resort. We are glad we did!

Upon arrival at the Cozumel Palace we were greeted by a very friendly front desk, offered a refreshing drink and given scented cool cloths to refresh our hands and face. Our room was on the second floor not far from the steps. To us this was a perfect location! We could easily return to our rooms to retrieve forgotten books, sun screen, or other items. We felt comfortable walking through the lobby in our swimsuits, barefoot or still damp from the pools.

The lobby and restaurants were always at a perfect temperatures. I'm usually chilled in air conditioning. For this entire week I was quite comfortable. In fact no one in our group mentioned being too hot or cold! The weather also cooperated . The temperatures were in the 80's during the day and the evenings were a bit cooler and quite perfect. There was usually a soft breeze to compliment the temperatures.

The staff was awesome and made the vacation delightful! Our compliments to the management for great training and high expectations! Fabiola made our romantic dinner and my niece's wedding very special! We had the most fun with the activities staff especially Danny and Roger! They both were funny, upbeat, engaging, and truly seemed to love what they did! It was enjoyable to watch them flirt with everyone, male and female, young and old, quiet or outgoing! Their energy levels were outstanding!

If the staff was the best part of our week, we enjoyed the food and drinks more! Every morning at the breakfast buffet we were greeted by the friendly hostess (she remembered our names-but I forgot hers!) Maria, at the grill, made a variety of omelets, eggs, pancakes, and Mexican breakfasts, always with a big smile! Also I loved the endless supply of guacamole! Yum!

We ate at every restaurant and each was a pleasant surprise! We loved the creative effort which made the meals as attractive as they were delicious! We saved the best until later in the week when we ate dinner outside. You order your main item (fish for all of us) and then visit the buffet for vegetables, salads, rice, deserts, and much more! I ordered tuna and although I usually like my tuna slightly seared, I asked for it to be prepared the chef's best way! WOW! My tuna was the best seafood I've ever had!!! Everyone else at out table agreed! I felt guilty when I asked for another serving-but my request was met with pleasure!

Our room was cleaned twice a day and always looked great! The beds were so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud! We really didn't need a hot tub in our room, but it was a good place to put our wet suits. The view from our balcony was fun! I liked watching for the cruise ships in the morning. I had copied a list before arriving, so we knew how many we would see each day!

We rented a jeep from the Palace one day and 4 of us drove around the developed parts of the island! I loved seeing the unspoiled beaches! We went swimming with the dolphins! (My husband and brother-in-law weren't looking forward to this-but loved it-especially riding the dolphin!) As we toured the island I appreciated the location of the Palace. The Cozumel Palace had the best location! It was easy to walk downtown to explore. We could walk in any direction and feel safe with plenty to see! There are two large stores within a block and you can buy anything from sunscreen to clothes to hot sauce (gifts). I thought I would miss having a beach, but I enjoyed learning to snorkel and could dive in just steps from the pool area!

All in all it was a very enjoyable week. We were quite spoiled by the attentive staff and great food and drinks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CozumelPalaceGM, General Manager at Cozumel Palace, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Lovestoeat33

Thank you so much for staying at Cozumel Palace, for your comments and for taking the time to share them through Tripadvisor, we are happy to read that you and your family members had a Awe week with us.

Fabiola, Daniel, Roger and María were very pleased to be mentioned.

Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our second time staying at the Cozumel Palace and it will certainly not be our last. The staff at this resort are unbelievable. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. They are constantly busy cleaning, serving, and tidying the grounds. Room service is very prompt. The spa is extremely clean and relaxing. There are many activities available to hotel guests. The rooms are well appointed and tastefully decorated. This time the room did smell damp, a problem that we did not encounter on our previous stay. The pool area is clean and the water is very temperate but can be a bit cramped when there are several guests in attendance. My husband used the hotel dive service this time we visited. He was pleased with the service in general but was unhappy that the morning dive group did not get back to the facility until 2 PM everyday. Also they went to repeat areas of the reef to dive on two different occasions. He would have liked to dive in different locations each day. Overall, though you cannot beat the value, service and cleanliness of this resort. We will return.

Room Tip: I preferred the room we had on the north end of the hotel. It didn't smell damp like the one on...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa F
Dear Lisa F

Thank you very much for your second review, each stay you honor us with your comments.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a total of 37 people for our daughters beautiful evening wedding. The employees bent over backwards to accommodate all of our wishes. The wedding and cocktail hour were held outside. It started raining during the cocktails (which included a ton of appetizers)! Luckily we had rescheduled the sit down dinner for inside when we saw the forecast. Food, flowers, bartender, photographer, dj, wait staff was top notch! As for a vacation spot. Everyone loved the location! It was so nice to be able to walk to shopping, bars, restaurants, church etc. If you forget anything from home there's a store directly across the street from the resort.--hint--try their chocolate croissants in the bakery section! A recent review stated that there's no place to escape the noise. But every afternoon we found chairs under a Palapa near the baby pool. You could hear the waves lapping against the rocks. So, peaceful.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Patsyelaine
Dear Patsyelaine

Congratulations to your daughter and husbend, and thank you very much for review. We know how important the wedding days are for a couple and we make our best to create unforgettable moments. I feel happy you enjoy them with your entire group.

We all wish your daughter and husband a happy and long life together, we'll be more than happy to create an amazing experience for their first anniversary.

Cordially