“Five times and continue to return!”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Simply put, if you want to relax, be waited upon when you want it, this is the place. Be aware there is no beach, although the water is just feet way at the dock. But, who needs sand, you come to relax not clean sand out of your stuff. The place is perfect for adults, wanting to relax as adults. If you want "Mouse ears" go someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jerzeyjack

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited the Cozumel Palace when we were visiting Cozumel for a day trip from the Playacar Palace. Had a great visit - buffet breakfast had a great setup for selecting local cuisine including huevos motuleños. Fantastic! As was the waffles and fresh fruit. The staff got us setup for a day of traveling around the island and it was much appreciated. Enjoyed spending some time around the pool at the end of our visit. Seems like a great place to visit!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We walked into the Cozumel Palace and as we were taking it all in, it seemed nice but no nicer than any other places I've been. I've been fortunate to go to other all-inclusives and high end hotels in Jamaica, Maui and Kawaii. But I must say, the service here blew me away.

Every single employee there was genuine and friendly, not to mention helpful and knowledgeable. The attentiveness to detail really made a difference to us, not because we need someone to fold our napkin when we get up to go to the buffet, or that we need someone to remember our name after greeting us once, but because it made us feel really well cared for and extremely welcome.

Employees had a really great way of interacting like friends but always taking care of your needs and proving top notch service.

The single most important reason for us to return (and we will in the future) is because of this.

The next most important reason? Food. It was really well done. You had your pick of whatever you wanted, really, from Mexican to Asian to Italian to Grill-style. We gained 5lbs each - one per day. :)

The drinks are well made and not strong --- on purpose -- because they go down so easily it's easy to over do it IF they are too strong. They were perfectly made for a long day at the pool swim up bar, enjoying the really nice people who vacation there, the entertainment provided (water volleyball, ping pong and water basketball were our favs) and enjoying the weather. That said, if you want a stronger drink, no one is being stingy. Just ask.

The other second reason is because for some reason, this resort attracts really great people. We had the pleasure of many on our short trip. I'm not one to just go up and insert myself in a conversation but I felt like I could sidle up to any group and start chatting no problem. No one was an jerk. Nobody got out of control drunk or obnoxious and no one seemed entitled.

It is pricey but it was so well worth it.

A few notes:

1. You can walk to downtown easily. Go out, take a left. Safe, easy, a little bit of hassling to get you to come in stores, but no problem.
2. The beds are comfy, but for me they were a bit firm. Actually, I do like firm beds, but I need a bit of memory foam so my limbs don't fall asleep. I am ultra sensitive so take this for what it's worth (I have tempurpedic at home).

2  Thank ClassyDemon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was our first stay at this all inclusive resort. It was perfect fit for our family. I was so impressed with the staff and the personal treatment extended by each and every employee. The resort is small compared to most that we have vacationed in Mexico. This is a definite plus as we had fantastic service from everyone. We were made to feel like special guests and not just a "number" for the week. I still remember our high school debate team debating: "would you rather be a small frog in a 'big pond' or a 'big frog' in a small pond? For me and my family we will choose the "little pond".

It is with reservation that I write such a positive review as I do not want all the rooms filled when I try to make my next reservation. Linda from WV, USA

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We found our stay at Cozumel Palace perfect. The people are friendly and hard working. We be never wanted for anything. The food is good and plentiful. Rooms are super nice with great views. We felt spoiled. So close to downtown, so you can walk to the shopping area.

1  Thank Deb5086
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Cyndy and I traveled here to celebrate her birthday and after thoroughly checking out all the resorts Cozumel has to offer, we decided on Cozumel Palace for our long weekend away from the business. She has friends who go here often too so we were pretty sure we would enjoy!

Everything from the food, to the room and especially the service was very good and we were quite happy here. We upgraded to the concierge level which included massages and nicer menus for drink and food. It also ensures you get ocean front, which is key here, very nice ocean views and sunsets.

If you like to snorkel but do not like the hassle of going somewhere off resort to enjoy, this is the place for you! You can hang out at the pool and grab your gear anytime and head down to the water for as much snorkeling as you can handle. Not the best snorkeling I have ever done but certainly the most convenient.

All servers in restaurants and bars are top notch, thank you to everyone for making our stay very relaxing and enjoyable. Special shout out to pool servers Alejandro, Emmanuel, Roger and bartender Juan, these guys are great and we hope to see you again soon!

Cyndy and I will recommend this resort to everyone we know!

Room Tip: Upgrade to concierge level, which includes massages and upgraded drink and menu options. Take your...
1  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came to Cozumel Palace for our week long honeymoon. Honestly, I don't have one negative thing to say about the hotel. Our room was located on the third floor with a beautiful view of the ocean and dolphin tank. The hotel was beyond clean and staff were amazing! Staff was always friendly and very helpful.

We were able to use our resort credits for scuba diving, couples massages (overlooking the ocean), romantic dinner on the beach, swimming with the dolphins and stingrays. All we had to pay for was the tax (16%) and scuba rentals; which all came out to be about $280. Totally worth it; if you ask me!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CozumelPalaceGM, Director General at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Rosie T

Congratulations, and thank you very much for review. We know how important the honeymoon days are for a couple and we make our best to create unforgettable moments. I feel happy you enjoy them.

Congratulations for you and for your husband, have a happy and long life together and please feel free to contact me to create and amazing experience for your first anniversary.

Cordially