“Wonderful vacation”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was the third trip for my husband and I to Cozumel Palace. The trip started with a disappointment when we checked in and were told that they did not have a room available in our category except for a smoking room. My husband is extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke so this was not an option. We agreed to take a room with 2 double beds until they could get us a room with a king bed. The room was not cleaned yet so we had to wait for them to finish cleaning it and then the added inconvenience that we could not unpack. We were able to move to another room the next day. The room was nice with an extremely comfortable bed. Really close to the elevator and noise was not a problem. Don't really understand how these things happen when you have reservations months in advance. The remainder of our trip was fantastic. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at this resort. When we arrived we were pleased to see Pasqual again. He is so nice and we were glad to see he is still at the resort. We were also pleased to reconnect with Francisco and Gabriel in the Turquesa Restaurant. It's honestly like visiting old friends. We so appreciate their good service. Also, thanks to two really sweet hostesses Teresita and Elvia. Always greeting us with a beautiful smile. Must also acknowledge Ricardo and Brian in the Asian restaurant. They, too, gave us amazing service. Jesus in the lobby bar made the best Cosmos I have ever had at a Palace Resort and he also makes a great dirty martini which my husband loves. We also enjoyed talking to Jose in the lobby bar. Sorry I can remember all the names of the staff, but some faces we see every year and others are new to us but still give that level of service that is unbelievable. As in the past, the food was outstanding! Among our favorites, the grilled grouper, fish tacos, grilled skirt steak, Peking Duck, marinated tuna, and sushi (Asian restaurant), the Lasagna, minestrone, and Asparagus Risotto in the Italian Restaurant. Love Chef Massimo!!! Can't forget the wonderful guacamole and pico de gallo which is fresh daily. I simply have got to learn how to make it myself! We enjoy all of the entertainment nightly but this time we were pleasantly surprised they had a live local band, The Red Eye Band. We were able to see them twice since we were there for 10 days. Amazing band! Played great music from 60-70's. I also recommend the tours to Chankanaab Park and Stingray Package. Had been to Chankanaab before but was a little nervous about getting in the water with stingrays but it was really fun and felt completely comfortable.

Anyone who is considering visiting Cozumel, please consider this resort. You will get wonderful service, excellent food and beverages, and plenty of activities to enjoy or just relax. Snorkeling right off the property is included and so convenient! It is a short, safe walk to town and two nice mega stores a block from the resort if you forget anything. I am already wanting to go back even though I just returned a couple of weeks ago. Thanks again to all the staff at Palace! You all are amazing!!!

4  Thank BettyM_11

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I just returned from a week's stay at the Cozumel Palace. The staff was very attentive, from the moment we arrived until the last good bye, the staff was friendly, interactive and appeared as though they genuinely cared about the experience the guests were having. Absent were the pressure to 'buy something". The pool was beautiful and the activity staff, Roger and Daniel, were very friendly, very encouraging to my family and spent time interacting with my children and were upbeat, positive and seemingly kind natured.

Having stayed at many "all-inclusive" resorts in many countries, I can emphatically state that the food at the Cozumel Palace was by far, the best. The restaurants presented excellent cuisine, the buffet was good, the wait staff excellent. My expectations were exceeded, and my family and I were surprised by the dining experiences. From poolside freshly made hamburgers, to fine Italian dining, all was good, without exception.

Our room choice was the Loft Suite. We were traveling with two children and this was the best set up we have seen yet. The beautiful room (even with an unusually placed double Jacuzzi) was ocean front...literally. It was a 2 story suite with a stair case leading to a complete room the children shared, private yet open. Their part of the suite was complete with two double beds, a bathroom with two sinks, a beautiful shower, coffee pot, etc....fully stocked refrigerator ....all of which was included in the price. Our view was spectacular, looking across a few yards of sand to the open water. Stunning sunsets right from our sitting area. Very nice, and I would encourage anyone traveling with children or teens to use the loft suite, no bed sharing, no worries about what to drink or eat since it was all inclusive.

While at the Cozumel we took three of their tours that was paid for by the resort credit we received. There is a 16% charge (a tax) for each excursion but that was very little money for the experience.

The first excursion was the Stingray Beach experience. Not only was the tour guide friendly, he was actually funny, self-deprecating and educational. My family and I fed the stingrays (barbs removed so no worries). The rays would swim up to us, touch us etc...was truly amazing. After feeding them we snorkeled with them, and held them for pictures (which were shockingly affordable....only $20.00 for a CD, including a video).

Our second and third tour (also booked through the hotel using resort credit) has some mixed reviews. It was the Chankanaab roundtrip and snorkel tour and the Ultimate Dolphin Swim Experience. The tour guide from the hotel, Nelson, was a very nice, thorough and took time to explain things, and actually lead a good part of the tour while we snorkeled, he was great really, friendly, and tried to make sure everyone felt included. The downside to the experience was the transformation of Chankanaab from an amazing natural beauty to a "make money any way you can experience". The dolphin encounter as amazing, we really did swim with the dolphins, learn a lot and even got belly rides, BUT...everything is photographed with explicit intent to sell pictures at ridiculously high cost. That ruined the experience for us. Although the dolphin lady was very friendly, professional, educational and fun...the experience of being "sold" pictures was awful. The pressure was on, and after the fact it became obvious that the whole dolphin experience was set up with the intent to take pictures to sell. I would not do this tour again, it was disappointing and made us feel like the whole park was nothing more than a money making adventure. If it were more like the String Ray Beach experience we would have been much happier. The "salesman" in the photo shop, fluctuated between indifferent to rude when I decided against spending close to $200.00 for a four pictures. Of our whole week, this was the low point, and having experienced Chankanaab before the commercialization of the area, we were saddened how the place had become so focused on money.

We also took a FANTASTIC tour through Cancun Fly Tours to Chichen-Itza. AMAZING!!!! The captain, Francisco Enciso, was great. He was very flexible in that we had to change our tour from one day to another due to the weather. He kept us informed, up to date and literally delivered an experience our children and I will never forget. He did exactly as he said he would do, he picked us up at the hotel, transported us to the airport, flew us to our destination, where we had a great tour guide, then a nice lunch, and back to Cozumel. We were exhausted after the tour and skipped the Cenote swim but he was open to whatever we wanted to do. It truly was an amazing experience...the flight was beautiful, fun, and nothing like we have had before since it was a small plane just for the four of us and the two pilots. I would HIGHLY recommend the tour, it beats sitting on a bus for hours each way for this once in a life time experience of seeing the ancient ruins.

All in all, the trip was great. The Cozumel Palace is a definite positive. It is big without being overwhelming, and the snorkeling off the pier was fantastic. We snorkeled there literally daily and saw all sorts of marine life, brightly colored fish, and even a small ray. Was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Cozumel Palace is a great one stop shop for diving enthusiasts! The $1500 resort credit can be utilized for diving with Aqua Safari, which is an excellent dive shop. It's in a great central location in Cozumel! The food is amazing and you have multiple options as well as specialized choices nightly. In addition, if you have any special requests they will honor those too. The nice thing about the buffet here is that most of it is made to order while you wait only a few minutes. The spa is wonderful and the 24 hour room service cannot be beat for late night dinner. The room is large enough for more than just 2 travelers. The nice thing is that all the rooms face the water so you have great views of the sunsets and of the cruise ships coming in during the morning. The rooms are well-equipped and the resort is pretty soundproof. There were several events going on, but we were never bothered by a large amount of noise. The staff is absolutely amazing and will honor any request. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Absolutely the best place I've ever stayed. From the moment you walk in, to the moment you leave, is just unbelievable. The resort itself is beautiful and relaxing, and the staff is AMAZING. The staff here will go out of their way to do anything for you and they are always fun and courteous. All of the food was delicious and there were a variety of things to choose from. The drinks are quite delicious as well, and the bartenders can make pretty much anything you ask for (if you know the ingredients). The views are breathtaking and the convenience of snorkeling right from your resort is perfect. There are several activities throughout the day and a fun show every night. They also have staff available to help you plan things around the island. This was my second time at Cozumel Palace and I plan on going back!! I can't wait to visit again!!

1  Thank Kristine W
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Absolutely beautiful, relaxing and such exceptional employees. The service received from Berinice in Public Relations; Hugo in Travel planning; Patricia in the Restaurant; Anna, Russell & Dulce at the Front Desk and Miriam in the Spa, was outstanding! Simply amazing and spotless! From arrival to departure I felt important and will definitely make this resort an annual event.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites have everything!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 4RNana
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Simply the best place we have ever stayed. Have been to many other resorts but the palace is best. I would like to thank these people for making our stay fantastic. Sylvia, Leticia, Richardo,and Hugo travel advisors, Francisco bar waiter, Isodoro waiter, Ronny waiter, Fili the best waiter, Martha hostess, Andrea hostess, Roger, Heysue, Daniel, Gabriel, Josuey entertainment team, Iasias front doorman, Luis in resturant, Dulce at front desk. These are very special people and want your stay to be the best. I want to thank them for sharing a great vacation experience with us. These people are more than just employees at Cozumel palace. They are the ones who make you really feel welcome and therefore they are Cozumel palace. We stayed 18 days and love the dive shop people too. All of them went the extra mile to make every dive special. We will definitely be back to see our friends at the Cozumel palace.

Room Tip: Jucuzzi rooms are our favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Firedog911
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was an absolutely beautiful and wonderful place! My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon there a few days ago and we really want to go back! there are picture perfect views, the staff was always friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent there! they have different activities all throughout the day at the resort and have people that can help you pick excursions and other things to do with your $1500 resort credit! Be aware you do have to pay the taxes and fees on those, so that was a little sucky, but it was well worth it! I would put this place up against any all inclusive resort in Mexico and the world. it was that good, and especially for the price! You will not be disappointed if you go there!

2  Thank Matthew M