“Pampered at the Palace”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our vacation was everything we hoped for to relax and enjoy water sports in Cozumel. The staff were professional, courteous and went out of their way to ensure our satisfaction. The snorkeling and scuba trips were excellent. The food was delicious and there was more than enough variety. The romantic dinner was our favorite "treat" with our resort points. The size of the resort is medium so there was no wait for services generally. The entertainment was of good quality and variety.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front over the VIP beach to have more quiet and a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AlCamacho, Gerente at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Vicki B

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am sharing as well your kind comments about our service with all the team to let know their efforts have not gone unnotice.

We are glad you enjoyed the snorkeling and scuba activities and the romantic dinner.

Hopefully we can have you back in a near future.

Warm regards,

Alfredo Camacho
Public Relations
alcamacho@palaceresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,853)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

You have a great hotel, everyone was super nice and very attentative. I will personally recommend this hotel to everyone I know. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels but nothing comes close to this hotel. From the moment I walked in to the moment I was leaving everyone and I mean everyone was so nice. I will really miss this place and will definitely go back. I loved it so much I even became a member of palace elite. Arturo was great and not pushy so I said what the heck lets get it. Great food, great service and beautiful view. I can't express how much I loved this hotel. I don't know why anyone would give this hotel a bad review. To sum it all up
I LOVED THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is great, they all have ocean view
1  Thank Guadalupe R
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Before booking our wedding and stay at the palace, I did a lot of research, and the reviews here helped so much in my decision making, i wanted to make sure to come back and leave a review myself. I would like to say my wedding was beyond magical, Belem was great!!! It was really a dream come true, I loved the food and the service is something Ive never experienced before. We were waited on hand and foot, and we cant wait to go back. The drinks were amazing, and my favorite food was the fresh fish right off the grill whenever you like. We traveled with a group of 14 for our wedding, all of our guest are all so impressed and cant wait to come back as well. The rooms were very clean, the ocean view is amazing. We were able to use the resort credits with no problem, and spent hardly any money at all during our stay. My husband and I love this place so much, we became members while we were there. All of our dreams came true at the palace, and I would recommend this resort to anyone for a wedding, or just a mind blowing vacation. Thanks to all of the staff at the palace, especially Fransisco who always served us with a smile, and Belem for making my day so amazing. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: I don't think u can get a bad room, most all are ocean view.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I can't imagine that there's a better place to stay when in Cozumel! The staff was amazing, every one of them. The rooms were beautiful and so clean! Loved the turn-down service every night! So easy to walk to different areas of Cozumel and grabbing a taxi was great; walk outside and they flag one down! The food was great and there was a wide variety every day. We absolutely will go back some day! COZUMEL PALACE ROCKS!!!

Room Tip: If there are only two of you the small room is great! Ample room for the little amount of time you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karenn Hughes J
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Would love to return to this piece of paradise! Quick trip from the airport to the resort. One of the best all-inclusives around. Very relaxed atmosphere and the staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating. The food was wonderful. Several pools to choose from, depending on your needs.

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade your room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace in September of 2013 for our honeymoon. From the outside, the Palace doesn't look like anything too special, but when you walk inside everything changes! The staff was absolutely AMAZING!! Everyone from the front desk staff, to the cleaning people, the waiters, the bartenders, and the entertainment crew- they were there to make you feel like a million bucks and to ensure that your stay would be worry free! It is not a very big resort, which turned out to be very nice. I feel like we knew almost everyone by the time our week stay was over! The rooms were absolutely beautiful and comfortable as can be, and the view was gorgeous! The resort credits were AWESOME! We did some kind of excursion every single day and only had to pay the taxes, which brought our total up to about $117. Those excursions would have cost us well over $1,000 without the credits. We also played volleyball in the pool almost everyday and it was sooo much fun! The food was awesome! Every place we went was delicious and the service was out of this world! I definitely recommend doing one of the special honeymoon/anniversary dinners if you can. I believe we payed for that with our resort credits (could be wrong). They make out a special menu with your name on it and the food was the best we had all week! The resort is right in the middle of town, so it's easy to walk the streets and see the town. There is also a Wal-Mart type store directly across the street that sells anything you could need at good prices!

This resort is NOT on the beach. There is a big pool overlooking the ocean, but there is not a true beach at this resort.

DO NOT use the ATMs in the town of Cozumel!!!!!! We couldn't use the ATM at the resort because it did not dispense American money, so we found one I think over by Senor Frogs to use. When we got home there was $600 withdrawn from our acct in Juarez, MX. They must have had scanners on the ATM because that was the only time we used our card on the trip. We should have known better, but you live and you learn I guess!

Note that Cozumel does not have a ton of night life. When we would walk the streets after dinner there was usually nothing going on. One night we did go down to a place called Viva La Mexico (I think) with some friends we met and it was a BLAST!! It was somewhat of a hole in the wall place, but it was definitely our most fun night there. We always always felt safe even walking in town. Safety was never an issue at all.

The snorkeling there is AMAZING so you have to go! The waters were beyond beautiful! I hear the diving is incredible as well, but we never got a chance to do that.

Overall, I would recommend the Cozumel Palace to anyone looking for a relaxing, beautiful, and fun vacation! Just probably not the place to go if you're looking to party the whole time :) Great for a honeymoon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family just returned from our daughter's wedding at the Cozumel Palace, and we couldn't have been happier with the hotel and staff. The hotel is lovely and the food was outstanding. This is not a large hotel resort, but it worked very well for our group of 75 people. Afternoons were spent in the lovely pools with very attentive bar staff, and many of our group enjoyed excursions paid for with resort credits. The spa was great too, and again most of the services could be paid for with resort credit. The hotel has multiple restaurants, and the food overall was delicious. Migas for breakfast and shrimp tacos for lunch. Who could ask for more? We particularly enjoyed both the Italian and Asian restaurants. Try the tempura ice cream in the Asian restaurant--Wow!

The only limitation to the hotel that we found was that the corridors can be occasionally loud because of the marble floors. These work well for wet and sandy guests (Please note: The floors were NEVER wet or sandy. The staff kept them spotless); however, they can be a bit noisy when groups of people pass by your room. It didn't bother us much, but if you're traveling with children who go to bed early or are light sleepers, you might request a room at the end of the corridor. The only suggestion I have to offer would be the addition of hand sanitizer dispensers. The hotel was squeaky clean, but guests go all over Cozumel and bring back who-knows-what from their adventures.

Special kudos to the wedding staff. Our daughter's wedding was beautiful, and in spite of my pre-wedding jitters, everything went smoothly. Belem, the wedding coordinator, plus additional staff were always at our events to make sure we were satisfied or if we needed anything. The off-site vendors arranged through the hotel also came through beautifully. All of our guests raved about the hotel and the graciousness of the staff. We are all delighted that our daughter and son-in-law chose the Cozumel Palace for their wedding. I can't imagine a happier or more beautiful vacation!

1  Thank gingerlee13