“Beautiful”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The whole family loved this resort. Best experience so far hands down. Made the Grand Occidental look inadequate. The food was awesome! The employees were the best! The way the whole resort was set up was convenient, easily accessible, and completely guest friendly. Every one was very helpful with us planning our excursions. I was leary of the $1500 room credit, but it applied on everything we did except the ATV offroad adventure. The shopping was with in walking distance as well. The only small down fall was that we couldn't take any towels off the resort for excursions. Just a bit inconvenient as we didn't think to bring any from home, but not a deal breaker! We'd go back in a heart beat!! Almost forgot- the hair and lotion products provided were all Chi, as well as a Chi straightening iron, and blow dryer to use! That was a HUGE bonus for my daughter and myself!!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms we had were beautiful, complete with a jacuzzi in room, and a hammock on the ba...
5  Thank caroline_geoff
AlCamacho, Gerente at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear caroline_geoff

We are certainly pleased to understand from your comments about your recent trip that you enjoyed the resort staff, hotel and accommodating service experience. I know our team members will be happy to learn about your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.We thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

We will continue with our goal to create wonderful guest experiences where personalized service is concerned in an effort to become a highly regarded resort in Cozumel.

alcamacho@palaceresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We arrived and were greeted with wet scented towels, virgin piña coladas and a flower for my wife. The room was breathtaking! Definitely worth the extra money for the ocean view. All inclusive means just that, free drinks, free room service and a delightful buffet. The staff was amazing. They are so friendly and helpful. We would like to give a shout out to the event staff Daniel and Gabriel as well as the pool bartender Enrique whom made our trip enjoyable. It is a smaller resort but gives a much more personal experience. All the staff remembers you. I can not recommend this place enough. We can not wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This resort is so wonderful. It is small and personal. The staff prepared a wonderful dinner for us after we spent the day at this resort. I only wish we hadn't had to rush off to catch the ferry. I highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to stay somewhere where everyone knows your name.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LVCocoPebbles

Dear LVCocoPebbles

We are very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know our team members will be glad to learn about how you feel in recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

First time to stay here. This is a nice place. The service is above par for any place I have stayed in Mexico. The staff are very helpful and always smiling. They make you feel very comfortable here.

Food gets a little tiring after a week here, we chose to eat out the last few nights. Breakfast is great and there is a lot of choices. Lunch is a little more selective.

The price for all inclusive is a little on the high side, but the service is exceptional.

4  Thank gconley27

Dear gconley27

Thank you for giving us an opportunity, we are pleased to learn you are happy with your recent stay, your comments are appreciated.

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Cozumel many more times.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Cozumel Palace was exceptional! From the moment we stepped out of the taxi until the moment we left, the hospitality, food, entertainment, snorkeling, tours, EVERYTHING, was amazing. I could not have asked for a better vacation. Every staff member I encountered went above and beyond to be friendly and accommodating. The concierge room was breath-taking! Snorkeling right off of the hotel dock was beautiful! I can't say enough about this Resort. Thank you to everyone, especially Arturo (our poolside waiter) and Carlos and Brian (our Romantic Dinner waiters) for making our stay even better.
My only Con is that they made me cry when they cut off my bracelet and made me leave after a week of bliss..... *sighs*...... until next time!

Room Tip: 5th floor Concierge Level rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyHaggerton

Dear WendyHaggerton

We are pleased that you enjoyed your room, the hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I will make sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed. Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one.

We thank you for your preference and for you kind comments on Trip Advisor, please do not hesitate to visit us again if is possible in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our second time at Cozumel Palace and not dissapointed !!!!! Eveyone from the Bell Boys to the entertainment ( Daniel, Gabriel, Sigei, Manuela, Rod, & Alejandro) was professional & enthusiastic. The food and service was GREAT ! The only problem was the dive shop " Aqua Safari." The staff in the shop were not attentive and appeared to me they didn't care if they made a sale. I instead dove with Dive With Martin.

JM

Room Tip: 5th floor north side is quiet.
4  Thank Jo m

Dear Jo m

First of all thank you for your second visit and for taking the time to share you experience. Our team members were pleased to be mentioned. It saddens us how you feel about the dive shop staff, we will work with them to offer the same quality of service to all our guests.

Hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Meanwhile we wish you the best.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Cozumel with our 18 and 15 year olds. This was our fourth time to the island and first stay at Cozumel Palace. We cannot wait to return! The resort was so clean and well cared for and the staff made your enjoyment their first priority.

We stayed in a street side room, I would definitely upgrade next time. The views from the ocean side are fantastic and the rooms are quieter without the street noise-not bad, but I think it would be worth the upgrade. Our room was clean and comfortable. The beds were great and the pillows were so outstanding my family would like to order some! We had two rooms, one of them was larger than the other and had Chi hair products as well as a flat iron in addition to the standard blow drier. Very nice!

Being so close to down town was fun as well. Everything was within walking distance. We did take a taxi one night to the beach bar/restaurant Alberto's. There is one downtown, but the beach Alberto's has a beautiful sunset and such a fun ambiance. They have live music on Tuesdays and Fridays that make your dining experience a party. I can't imagine a trip to Cozumel without dining at Alberto's on the beach!

Back to the Palace and speaking of dining- I've never stayed at an all inclusive resort that you didn't have to make reservations at the a la carte restaurants. This was so nice! You felt free to enjoy your day at leisure without worrying about specific times to get ready etc, without forcing you to eat at buffets. Their buffets were great, but the a la carte dinners are what my family prefers. I have a severe dairy allergy and the Chef at the morning buffet was so kind, he made sure he had soy milk to prepare special crapes for me each morning and delivered them to my table personally. Wow! Each of the restaurants and bars gave such special care to my dietary restrictions and its one of the first trips that I didn't get sick at least once.

The pool and swim up bar were the best we've experienced. Everything was so clean and well cared for. The service was also Top Notch. We've stayed at other all inclusive resorts where you have to stand in line for drinks or the pool bar opened late and closed early. This was not the case here. Juan, bartender, and Roger, server, took such good care of us! We usually travel with a group of friends and cannot wait to take them to this resort just for the pool atmosphere alone if not for the other great things that make this place a rival for Sandals resorts.

We were not sure how we'd feel about not having a sand beach to experience. We did not miss it!!! They have lounges set up around the glass walls. We had the fabulous view without carrying sand back to our rooms and no sand fleas!!! We also loved the snorkeling outside the hotel.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lobby area! It always smelled so good! It was like a spa smell without being over powering. Through out the trip my family sat in that area (we called it the people aquarium) because it was fun to watch what was going on outside and inside in the comfort of some air conditioning and with fabulous drink service. Raul created fun soy based frozen cocktails for me with my dairy allergy as well as nonalcoholic drinks fun drinks for my 15 year old. My children met others that they played cards with in the people aquarium. All of these details made the trip such a wonderful time for my family!

Speaking of my family, my 18 year old son fell in love with diving during this trip. The resort dive shop took such great care of him and my husband and they plan on getting certified and return to the island. My 15 year old daughter had so much fun with the entertainment staff. Daniel got her involved with the nightly entertainment including dancing. Everyday she played pool volleyball with strangers she now calls friends. My husband and I were thankful to have a place for our teen agers to vacation and be safe. My daughter is a photographer, one day while watching the resort photographers editing pictures (their office had glass walls to allow for this), the photographer came out and visited extensively with her about the software they use as well as how long he had been in photography, etc.... Absolutely everyone was so friendly and approachable, it really made the vacation all the more wonderful.

Once you stay at a Sandals resort, your level of standards are pretty high. Cozumel Palace had the service of a Sandals at a reasonable price where we could share the island experience with our children.

The resort credits were nice, and we were able to apply the balance to future trips back. Cozumel is one of my favorite places to travel. We feel safe to explore the island and love the people! We cannot wait to return, and would not think of staying any place else but Cozumel Palace when they offer such a great experience at such a great price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gina s

Dear gina s

On behalf our team members, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an informative review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. If you had a great time with us, it means we fulfill our main goal to create beutiful memories in your vacation.

Your kind comments and observations are appreciated due feedback is important to us, as it help us to improve our service. I have shared your rewiew with our key members to let them know that you were pleased with their effortst of providing a warm stay experience.

We would love to have the honor of welcome you back once again in the near future.