El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$293
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$456
5,934 results
All reviewsnorth towerfishla verandanew towerindoor restaurantorder off the menupiano playerreservation restaurantsit down restaurantfancy restauranta la carte restaurantfajitasocean viewmake reservationsbuffet foodthe furydive shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. We truly do not understand the bad reviews! The rooms did have a slight musty smell, but since we were staying in a humid environment, we understood this and it did not bother us.
The beach was small, but the water was exceptional, and the resort can't change the natural shoreline so they do their best. If you walk on the beaches either side of this resort, they are about the same.
I am vegan, and was able to eat well every day. The dress-code restaurant catered to our needs and the food was fabulous. Overall, amazing service, friendly staff, gorgeous water, great snorkeling...we couldn't ask for more. We truly did not want to leave, and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean view was amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tonesnz
Reviewed 13 February 2014

When I was thinking about reviewing this was I wondering whether I should review it on what I thought it was going to be or what I actually experienced. On a normal scale, I’d say it is a 2 or 3, but compared to what I thought I was going to get (due to the cheap deal we got) it was what we expected.

Important things to note –

There is a low chance of getting drunk. If you want to get drunk, always asked for the ‘top shelf’ (Absolut, Hornitos, etc) You can get them to give you shots and/or doubles if you tip a lot and you are sneaky about it.

You must get the new building, if you are facing the front desk, to the left. The bathrooms in the old building are horrible. They will let you switch though if you go through their run around. Generally, the hotel is just old and so is everything in it. It's not that it is dirty or broken, just old.

They are crazy about the bottled water – like they won’t give it to you. Two bottles in your room each day and that is it. We did end up buying the case of water – which was a rip off, $20 for 24-bottles.

Food: I thought the food seemed to suck but I seemed the most bothered by it compared to other people in our group. The inside restaurant is okay, breakfast and lunch are gross. Quesadillas and omelets are tolerable which is basically what I ate all week.

Beach, I didn’t think much of it because I read that it was small but it was generally tiny and reef/corally. Not just at el Colzumeleno but in the areas north and south of it as well. We basically walked as far as we could in each direction.

Cleanliness, it was very clean! This was definitely not a problem. There were people cleaning everything, all the time, which is the good news.

Note: We were a group of 20s/30s friends and their husbands. Young professional types from Kansas City, Chicago and Nebraska.

Room Tip: Chose the new building; if you are facing the check-in desk, this is to the left.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurenaleshire
Reviewed 12 February 2014

what you see is what you get.. yes it is true, excellent service and wonderful view.
We book tours and adventures while we are there and everything was flawless.
can't complain on the food, I guess we are just picky eater.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very good resort. Nice spacious rooms, all facing ocean. Ours was on the first floor and was designated as 'garden view', so it's cheaper then rooms on floor 3 and above, which are designated as 'ocean view'. We loved first floor ( we are not so young) and would not trade it for a higher floor even if there would be no additional premium to pay. All rooms have balcony, or patio on the lower level. Food was good, especially fish.
Snorkeling was very good. Staff was very helpful. My only disappointment - they did not have entertainment every night, as all other all-inclusive resorts had, and we've been to many resorts throughout Caribien.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ludmila B
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Location- was in an area that was safe to walk around, however the shops and cruise ship ports were about a 10 minute taxi ride. But everything is right there. Spent an entire afternoon just browsing around. Beach was absolutely amazing. One side was where there was coral reef which made for hours of awesome snorkeling. Seen stingrays, angel fish, star fish, crabs, ton's of awesome colored fish near the pier which separated the beach from the snorkeling area. Bring some bread from the resort to feed them and it will keep you busy for easily hours. The beach was absolutely calm, clear, warm, just fantastic.
Food- Breakfast was always good. Always had a choice. Dinner and lunch not so much. Had a really hard time finding something to eat for dinner. However the restaurant that you can book a time for was amazing. We didn't try it until the last night unfortunately. Wish we went there the entire time.
Rooms- Rooms were big. Had more than enough space in the bed area as well as the closet and bathroom. Was always kept clean. Did have an incident where my phone charger went missing, but.. I didn't cause a to do over a 15 phone cord.
Service-Pretty good. Crews at these resorts work day and night and do such a good job.
Entertainment- Did have mini golf which kept us busy on nights where the entertainment was done and over with. Entertainment was usually kid friendly. Was always fun to watch the kids get involved and have a good time though. There was an adults pool and a kid pool. Also a game room above the mini gulf station.

Only thing that really affected me during this stay was the food.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple