El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
  • Pool
Villa Vista(Cozumel)
Suites Bahia(Cozumel)
5,935 results
All reviewsnorth towerfishla verandanew towerindoor restaurantorder off the menupiano playerreservation restaurantsit down restaurantfancy restauranta la carte restaurantfajitasocean viewmake reservationsbuffet foodthe furydive shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed a week with a friend. Got a great deal through apple vacations and was about what I expected for the cost. This is not a luxury resort, nor does it pretend to be.

Rooms were very clean and we'll kept. Ocean view room on the fourth floor on the new side had a spectacular view. Staff was very friendly, courteous and professional. Pool side was kept very clean and someone was always checking if you needed anything.

The food was okay. Not great. But there was always something there that was decent. Omelet bar in the morning was great, quesadillas and fajitas were also pretty good. Drinks were weak unless you specifically said " double shot Cuervo margarita". And then they would oblige.

Beach was very rough, rocky and broken shells. Bring water shoes if you want to walk any length of it. Snorkeling on and around the property was amazing. Bring a cheapie underwater camera and bread and the fish will eat right out of your hands.

Always had activities going on and seemed to really engage families and kids in activities. Overall for the price this was a great buy. If you are looking for something really fancy this isn't for you.

Room Tip: Ocean view on the new side 4th floor or above.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CAB314
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Our fist visit to Cozumel, every morning was enjoyable drinking coffee from our balcony & watching the Cruise ships come in. The resort was exceptionally clean, someone was cleaning all the time. The staff was always willing to accomodate. Lourdes & Jose were excellant servers, and a pleasure to be around when we sat around the pool. "Hats off to them". They made our trip a real pleasure. The rooms were large & always clean, our maid was also great. The food was good & plenty of choices. We would come back to this resort again!

P&K, MN

Room Tip: Room 1311 had a great pool & ocean view, we would book it again.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen Z
Reviewed 18 February 2014

After 5 nights at our favorite Cozumel resort (palace) where we have stayed 4 times before and always want to return immediately... Delta cancelled our flight and left us at this hotel for a comped room. HORRIBLE! We walked in the room and smelled mold. Light fixtures were broken--one in bathroom was hanging by a wire. Bed was harder than concrete. I asked for a new room and were told the hotel was full. The food was terrible and the buffet didn't seem very clean. Drinks were terrible. We did get dinner at the one al a carte restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by it.

At 4 am I was awake reading (trying not to get bruised by turning over in the bed) and a flea jumped onto my kindle! I packed up our luggage and went to the lobby. I found that our flight was delayed from 9am till 4pm. I asked again for a new room--told there wasn't anything but they would change our sheets...

DO NOT waste your money here. If we had had to stay another night, I would have paid to go to another hotel!

Room Tip: Choose one somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Just returned from an awesome (I know, overused word) week at El Cozumeleno. From check in to check out no complaints. We arrived well before check in time but that wasn't a problem. They performed the pre-check in items, put a bracelet on our wrist, left luggage with bellman, and off to lunch we went. When we came back (at pre-arranged time), our room was ready.

From the second I opened the door to our room (311, upgraded to DELUXE ocean view), I knew it was going to be a good week. Our room was huge, our view was marvelous, our balcony was large and wrapped around the corner of the building. Our bathroom was as large as a bedroom at our home!

Plenty of drawer, closet space, hangers, and a nice little safe.

Great water pressure in the shower (something I wasn't expecting on a small island).

The food: Breakfast was always the best meal of the deal. You could order eggs, omelette or eggwhite omelette. Plenty of fresh fruit always available. Nice mix of different choices for breakfast. Only saw bacon on the buffet one day of the 7 we were there though. Sausage was out every day.

Lunches were fine. Nothing fancy but you will never go hungry! There was usually a fresh option available every day so no excuse if you don't like what was prepared ahead. Or, there is also the option of ordering off the menu.

Dinners were just fine as well. Similar to lunch and again, always a special fresh meal being offered. During dinner if you wanted to order off a menu you would have had to have a reservation at the a la carte restaurant (we never even went in it, but lots of folks appeared to dine there). I prefer casual and quick.

Cold beer was never a problem. Plenty of bars to avail yourself of alcohol!!! Our favorite bars were the Banana Bar (by north pool) and the swim up bar (by and in the south pool).

Wifi was sometimes catchable from our room, but not a problem to just go to the lobby and check emails via wifi (free by the way).

Pools were both nice. Preferred the south pool as it had lots of interesting features and areas to hang out in. They did a nice job on that one!

The beach and shore was all great. Able to snorkel right from in front of the hotel.

I would recommend this place for couples, families, friends, or even solo. Felt safe and lots of friendly people. Employees always had a smile and a hola for you!

The resort is kept very very clean and tidy. Shows lots of pride in any job they have to do or have done.

We were in the north tower (which I believe is the original building). Our room was perfect. So glad I didn't go cheap and not upgrade to the DELUXE. So nice to have a 'living room' as well as the bedroom area. Lots and lots of space.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pamiela
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Cozumel as our first tropical couple trip. We travelled February 2010 (I know my review is a little late! haha). We got lucky and ended up in an ocean view room on the very top floor which offered an absolutely amazing and breathtaking view!! All oceanfront rooms guarantee a stunning view!!!!!

The staff at this hotel are ANGELS. They truly go above and beyond to make your trip amazing. Especially the entertainment staff!!

The hotel is located on a huge area of reef which is awesome for divers, but not so good for swimming. But the pools are amazing so you don't really need to ever leave them (although they were a bit cold).

My parents ended up coming in on a cruise ship a few days into our trip, so we were able to take a cab into the ship port to meet up with them. This area is AMAZING. Tons of shops and restaurants and tons of places for photo opportunities!! Defnitely recommend everyone going down to this area atleast one!! Only downfall is that once the cruise ships leave, the entire city seems to shut down and there's NOTHING to do!! Keep that in mind!! So go there during the day!!

Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple