“Island Holiday”

Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
High Point, North Carolina
“Island Holiday”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We enjoyed the property very much and felt that it was a good value. The buffet food was good although it was repititious. The food in the main restaurant was very good and the menu changed every two days. We were there for six nights. A highlight was the piano music of Senor Jose Hernandez-Romo. He performed each night and delighted the diners with selections ranging from classical to pop. He went to each table greeting guests and taking requests and there seemed to be nothing he could not play. Wonderful. Hotel had spacious comfortable rooms. Everything was very clean and the staff was pleasant and friendly. We would definitely return to El Cozumeleno Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper levels allow a better view of the water and you can see the lights of the mainlan...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gurney B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,607)
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best resorts for those who don't like a lot of walking. Everything is so convenient and right be the water. Perfect for snorkeling. There's a pier you can walk out on and feed the fish and snorkel there.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MikeandLisa51524
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The food is only okay, but the service and the cleanliness is exceptional! Their beach for snorkeling is beautiful as well. I highly recommend paying a bit more for the ocean view room. It's well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Denise B
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at your resort May 31-June 6th (room 1718) and may I say that I can't wait until our next visit!

Your staff was so helpful and friendly. The people that I feel went above to make our stay wonderful were:

Erik- the waiter he was the first waiter we met and he ensured us he would take care of us and he did! He went out of his way to serve us. It did not maTter
if is was in the dining place or while laying around the pool. He was wonderful !

Erick- activities area. Erick was very friendly and very helpful. He help us with Spanish, taught us snorkeling, danced with us at Caribbean night, taught
us to make bracelets and gave us lots of information about Cozumel and the resort.

Nestor - Activities area. He worked with Erick and taught us Spanish & snorkeling and took us out in the water. He is very quiet but very helpful.

Hugo & Juan activities area- they worked hard to make sure us and other guests were having fun and offered to help in any way we might need.

Marco- great fun guy who helped us in the evenings and was very attentive to
our needs .

Candy Man- bartender- he was wonderful and would remember what drinks we needed each day!

I just wanted you to know how wonderful each of these men were and I hope that they will all be there the next time we come back!

Anita Fink

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Anita F
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

One of the best resorts we've ever stayed at. We were upgraded to an ocean view room at no extra charge and all of the staff we encountered were friendly and courteous. The grounds were immaculate and pristine. The ability to walk right into the water and go snorkeling and see thousands of fish was incredible. The only negative thing we experienced was what seemed to be a repetitious food selection. Granted you are in Mexico and should expect local fare and dishes but it seemed like the selection was somewhat limited. In no way does this imply that the food was not good. It was very good, just limited on selections. Perhaps a little more variety would be a plus. Overall based on a 5 star rating system I would give the resort a 4.5. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Anything but a ground floor room offers incredible ocean views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David O
Versailles, Missouri
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had read several reviews, good and bad, about this resort and I now have my own conclusions! This is a very good resort! While I don't have much experience vacationing these types of places, this resort met our needs and made sure we were comfortable and taken care of at a moments notice! With great snorkeling right off the beach and with plenty of activities for all ages, the experience was overall very good to me!
The staff is very attentive and friendly! You can't get this type of service at these prices anywhere else! They are tops in my book!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside room on the southside. Anything above the 4th floor is best. Below that the view i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hairlipdog
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Since I'm suffering from the 4th day of a debilitating stomach illness, my review may be biased. Although, based on the length of my stomach problem it is probably not from food, but the Mexico experience or Montezuma's angry spirit or whatever it is that makes gringos sick when they travel. We had a room on the second floor in the old tower and it really wasn't that nice. We had to move from the first floor because of a leaky toilet. Our beds and pillows were really uncomfortable and felt kind of moldy. The food seemed like it should be good but nothing really tasted very good even in the "fancy" restaurant. The bike tours were cancelled each day because of wet streets, which seemed a little lame. I do wish they'd just let you take the bikes out or at least rent them. If you walk south down the beach about a mile and jump in you can drift snorkel all the way back to the resort. This was the best part. If you are serious about snorkeling or diving bring your own snorkeling stuff. I don't think they really have enough snorkeling stuff to go around or if you have an odd sized foot you may be out of luck with fins. The pool diving lesson was great and we actually took my ten-year-old for a beach dive, which was awesome and something that he will always remember. The staff are top notch. I could see the newer building looked a lot nicer and if I weren't budget minded I would have liked to see if those rooms are better. It was nice to have free drinks all the time, but I never seemed to feel any effect of the alcohol, so if you don't want to get bloated without a buzz you may have to ask for a double. It is a safe place and good for kids. I think I'm a bit of a food and room snob. Being cheap and a snob is an unfortunate combo. On the bright side, I'm down five or six pounds after this vacation and I doubt that would have happened on a cruise!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the old section if you can help it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family