Arrived at Casa Del Mar and looked forward to my long needed vacation. Well it was more like my misadventures at Casa Del Mar.
Arrived with another couple and we were told that we would have ocean view rooms. Well that wouldn't happen only if we paid an addtional $120.00 bucks. Did provide a credit card and I did get a room with a balcony that faced into a bunch of palm trees, but the room did have a kingsize bed and was on the corner of the building so it was quite large and cozy, so I opted to just stay in it as it was on the 2nd floor and our friends had to be on the 3rd floor due to the hotel being so busy. (slow season)
Well to start off most of the staff was wonderful. The front desk staff was a mess. I knew I was in trouble when I asked for a piece of paper to write on and the girl gave me the whole list of the hotel guests and their confidential information, which I did try to give back to her, but she said it wasn't a problem. That is how I know that hotel was not busy.
Well then I ended up with sand fleas in my bed. Well I must say it is not very romantic.
When we went to happy hour, they decided to change it on a moments notice, even after it was pointed out to them on the sign that we were there at the correct time and that we had been coming there at the same time for 3 days. Well they changed the sign right then and there and told us happy hour was over.
I boycotted drinking anything from the bar after that for the rest of my trip.
Well then the air-conditioner broke is our room. The desk told me they fixed it and the hotel maintenance said it would have to wait till tomorrow. Well they did offer me 4 or 5 different rooms in the hotel that were musty and very dirty and small and that I would have to leave my belongings in the other room and come back and forth to get personal items. Well thats when I lost it, it was now midnight and all I wanted to do was go to bed. I told them I was paying $120 bucks for an oceanview room and now I didn't even have a room that I could sleep in. Well finally they showed me a beautiful room on the 3rd floor with an oceanview and that I could stay there for the rest of my stay which was now 4 days left. Why couldn't we have done that 2 hours prior or even on the first day and all would have been well.
I did enjoy my new room. It was lovely inside. They left towel animals and it was very clean. It was a welcoming surprised.
Well then they decided that the rooms around me had to have the doors all sanded and stained, well between the noise and the smell, I try to put on a smile, stuck a towel at the door and sat out on the balcony to enjoy the terrific view.
The location of the hotel was excellent and the view was fantastic, but I will never stay at this hotel again.
It is just ashame as this hotel does have lots of potential, but they just didn't seem to care.
They did take off $20.00 off my bill for my headaches but that is only a drop in the bucket, to all that I experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel is a charming Mexican hideaway facing the magnificent Caribbean Sea. Situated across the main boulevard with 98 comfortable rooms and eight recently restored Deluxe Cabanas, the property is surrounded by beautiful and exotic garden area with a Mexican town feeling. Casa del Mar Cozumel is located two and a half miles south of downtown, less than five minutes away from the famous "Paraiso" reef. Our hotel is ideal for vacation, business, honeymooners and divers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Resort Cozumel