“Go for another hotel, no recommendation.”

Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The hotel is ok looking, the rooms are big enough, and it's well cleaned cleaned everyday. The location requires you to take a taxi to anywhere, there is no beach here (nearest Paradise Beach $17usd cab drive), and downtown is a $80mx/$7usd cab drive, what isn't too bad. The water of the swimming pool is very cold, even more cold then the sea, but it's december so what to expect.
The food in the restaurant is very bad, and the drinks are also highly priced for Mexican standards. Wifi connection is bad, and you have to upgrade it for $5usd a day to recieve a good connection, what a scam. We upgraded to a superior room so a 2day car rental was included, we made our reservations for the next morning, but in that morning they said it was rented out and they could not help us anymore. The service at the reception is very bad, they are not trying to help you.
Cozumel is a beautiful island, but you would enjoy it more at another hotel. I would not recommend you this hotel. We are hoping for a (little) cash back from our booker Expedia.

Room Tip: Standard room gives you a view of the tennis court or buildings. Superior room gives a you a view o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RobbyKr

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This is an excellent small dive hotel and my third trip here!
I always stay in the cabanas which suit a group of friends travelling together perfectly! Two bathrooms and two stories with a bit of a kitchen, clean and comfortable.
Beds are solid (like most in this country) but I am fine with that.
And this hotel is very quiet at night for all of the divers that need a good sleep! That means no night life -- if that is your purpose I recommend that you stay elsewhere.
The restaurant is small with a basic adequate menu of good food ... You will know it quickly... And the staff are long term employees and friendly... Just ask if the cook gets something wrong on your order or if you want something done different. We usually had breakfast and lunch and headed to the town for dinner.
Town or the marina at Caleta (where our dive boat left from) are both 7-8$ US or 80-90 pesos per trip. There is only a corner store or the OXXO store for shopping so a trip to Mega store or Chedruai are required for other essentials and the shops in the main square for souvenirs... And dive shirts! There are many excellent dive shops and dive companies on the island, just do your research.
The hotel has a dive shop and a nice pier.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Serendipitea
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have stayed at Casa Del Mar at least 10 times and it is great. The staff is kind and goes out of their way to help you. The dining room is very nice and the food is good. My husband dives, so he loves the fact that they have their own dive shop just across the street. My sister and I went together this last time and they did everything they could to help us arrange all of our excursions and trips to town.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele B
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I have been going to Cozumel off and on since 1985 , mostly to go diving . I have never committed to a dive package in the past because I did not want to be locked in to an operation I might not like after the first dive . A friend recommended I try Hotel Casa Del Mar , and to be honest I am glad I did . I initially stayed and dove in August , but I enjoyed myself so much I went back this October 19-26 . It is important to point out that this is the first time in 37 years that I have traveled and vacationed by myself.

Sandra from Casa Del Mar handled all my arrangement and requests , which for me made it very very easy . From the moment I stepped out of the taxi , I was made to feel like family , which for a single traveler , and not knowing anybody , helped a lot . When I asked about the dive package , Sandra recommended that , due to the iffy weather I purchased my diving on a daily basis , which made perfect sense to me , and was also a good value .

The condition of the grounds is addressed on a daily basis and are very well kept and clean . I stayed on the first floor and had a giant bed , plenty of hot water , cold air , tv , and a very well kept room .

During my stay I had a problem with my air conditioner , and happened to mentioned it in passing the front desk . I had been in my room about five minutes when a knock came at my door . It was the maintenance man who took care of the problem right away. The other issue I had was really funny . I do not knowingly consume caffeine because it makes me sick . So I only drink decaff coffee . One day at the restaurant I found out that they did not have decaff coffee . No big deal . The next morning I was walking by when the waitress grabs me and says Sandra went out and bought decaff just for you . Now that's customer service.

Had a great time , and am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank richard w
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a quick trip to the Island. The staff was fantastic, efficient and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable for one - all in all a great place to stay while I was here diving. I did have lunch at the restaurant even though I should have known better but it was raining so...........my bad :(

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Spent a week in this tranquil paradise with the dive shop of Fairfax va. Loved the staff and their attentiveness. Great diving staff with the Dive House. Went backward to please all of us. Will definitively be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Zetour
Reviewed 24 September 2012

One of my daughters and I stayed here again in late September. September and October are VERY slow months in Cozumel. We booked the combined room and dives, and we're wonderfully accommodated by Casa del Mar, as well as Del Mar Aquatics.

The rooms are a great value, with tile floors and balconies, that handle dripping scuba gear well.

There is an Onsite bar and restaurant with good, reasonably priced food and drink, right next to the pool - both with ocean views.

They have a private bridge that crosses the street (almost all hotels sit across the street on the island), right down to their private beach, Onsite dive shop, and snorkeling area.

The dive shop is pretty good. Dive masters Renee and Juan are simply awesome, asking you what you would like to see, then having the boat go there.

If you want to go into town, it's a cheap taxi ride, or the front desk will help you with a rental.

Very good overall place!!

• Stayed: September 2012