“comfortable and afordable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Cincinnati, Ohio
“comfortable and afordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained. I had an ocean view with a balcony. I like to sit out there after diving and just relax. The bed was very firm. Much more than I care for. But tolerable. The decorations were well place and maintained. You can tell the staff takes pride in the appearance of their hotel. The pool area was large and accommodating. Very clean while I was there in spite of all the rain.
The staff was excellent. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and would do what they could to assist us.
One of my biggest concern was with the phone system. It worked occasionally at best.
The food was just ok. A lot of it was left overs and concocted into other dishes. They did not waste anything. Breakfast was by far the best meal. Lunch was ok. Dinner was fair. For the price paid and location I was willing to over look the food. We were in walking distance to town and other eateries.
The rooms were always kept clean and supplied. There would be different animals made from towels on our beds everyday. It became a treat to see what would be next.
Water coolers were place everywhere. We were encouraged to use reusable containers to reduce plastic waste. I like this idea but...I kept leaving my water bottle in places. LOL
I will consider this location on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank don s
CozumelResortSales, Director of Sales at Hotel Cozumel and Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello Don, thank you for such a very well descriptive review of yours. I'm glad you have shared your good vacation experience with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are so pleased that you have had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to serve you again in a near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hotel Cozumel and Resort as part of a dive package, and we would without question return again, whether as part of another package or on our own.

This is by no means a world-class resort, but for what it is and tries to be, it represents exceptional value. I found the entire staff to be friendly, cooperative, and accommodating, and the facilities are more than sufficient.

Again, this was a dive trip, and the diving experience permeates the entire resort. There is a dive shop and a dock right across the street -- there is even a tunnel underneath the street to the dive shop and dock -- and there are drying racks outside on the balcony of your room for all of your wet dive gear.

The rooms are simple but sufficient, and are comfortable, with free Wi-fi, and a safe in the room.

We were not part of an all-inclusive package, so I can offer no comment regarding the food, but I found the prices and service at both the pool bar and the lobby bar to be excellent, again with very friendly and accommodating staff.

The hotel’s website claims the largest swimming pool in Cozumel, and it is indeed a nice setting.

All-in-all, I have nothing negative whatsoever to say about this hotel. We found it to be an excellent value, and significantly better than I expected at its price-point.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are so pleased that you have found us suitable for your diving vacation. We truly hope to have you with us in a near future again.
Moberly, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just got back from a stay here in October for my first dive experience. This hotel is in an excellent location both for diving (through Dive Paradise) as well as walking into town. It was clean, and the staff was friendly and always accommodating. As a single traveler (I was there with a group of friends, but staying on my own), I always felt very safe and had no issues with the amenities at the hotel. The food was good (although not 5-star quality), there was always a nice selection. (Make sure if you're out at the grill by the pool that you ask them to make up some fresh guacamole for you...muy bueno !!!!!) All in all, I would most definitely recommend this hotel and for the price, you just can't beat it !

Room Tip: We were there in the off-season so traffic wasn't too bad, but I would suggest a room away from...
Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased that you have had a wonderful diving vacation with us. Thank you for recommending us to all the Trip Advisor readers. We hope to have you with us in a near future.
cozumel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

near to downtown clean with a nice oceanview. people is friendly local people its nice. i hope u go cozumel soon.go snorkl if u want to eat with a razonable price go downtown where the local people eats. you ll spend half of your ll spend on the main avenue

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CozumelResortSales, Director of Sales at Hotel Cozumel and Resort, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hello William, thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy that you have had a nice vacation with us. We truly hope to see you in a near future!
Elkin NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Cozumel Oct.26-Nov.4 2013. You cant beat the price for what you get. The rooms are spacious & clean. Beds are a just a mattress on a concrete platform but I like a firm mattress. Only negative things I can say are that the bathroom shower in a tub had to be stepped up into and then a large step down to get out of it. The sink did not drain very well. Also it rained for two days while we were there and the hotel had several leaks in roof which made tile floors slippery. But even with all that my hubby and I were happy because the rooms & hallways were CLEAN!
Food & drinks were good. You can see they recycle leftover food and incorporate into different dishes. I always found something good to eat. Soups were fantastic and as you would expect the fruit was fresh.
The pool was clean and Jacuzzi was dirty when we arrived after the rain but they shocked it and it was clean and fresh within a day or two.
For the most part we went to Cozumel to dive. After a day of being on the boat the resort was relaxing and comfortable. The staff was nice, accommodating and very friendly willing to tolerate my limited attempts at Spanish as well.
My hubby had a hair cut and massage at the onsite spa. Service was higher priced than services offered elsewhere on island but he said the masseuse got out the knots. Next time we will skip that part.

Room Tip: One suggestion: when booking a room if you are diving is to get a balcony with iron bars. It is easi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello, thank you for your kind review. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry about the rainy days you had but unfortunatelly there is nothing we can do about the weather. However, we truly appreciate your comments about our facilities since they will certainly help us to improve them. We hope to see you soon in a near future!!
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We've been to Hotel Cozumel three times now and plan on returning as soon as we can.

I agree with other posters that the rooms are basic, but they are clean and spacious. My only complaint about the room is that the balcony lights come on at night and you can not turn them off. Many times I would like to sit on our balcony in the evenings, but with the bright light on, the bugs come out and you feel like you are in a spotlight.

I like that the Hotel is close enough to town to walk, and also within just a short distance of a large supermarket.

It is nice to have Dive Paradise on the property, and we have used them often. They really cater to divers with lockers, rinse tanks and places to hang your wet gear to dry.

The food is plentiful and the staff are friendly. We recognize the same faces each time we go, and some have been there for many years. We look forward to returning in 2014.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room if you want a quieter experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello Arianna, thank you very much for your valuable and continued preference. We all at Hotel Cozumel & Resort are pleased that you enjoy us while diving and vacationing in Cozumel. Thank you for your kind review, We are looking forward to your visit on 2014!!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel Cozumel is a great low cost and clean place to stay while on a dive trip. Not a good place for a princess. Rooms are basic but clean. The restaurants are good and have a good variety. Staff was very polite and accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance of town and there is a great dive operator on site. We have stayed here twice and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David B
Hello David, thank you for your valuable and continued preference. We appreciate your kind review, and look forward to having you with us again soon!