“great stay”

Hotel Cozumel and Resort
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 19 November 2013

just spent another10 days here and this our 12th year staying here---very happy with the hotel--it improves every year---pool good -beach good (man-made)--location for walk to town and local stores is great---food is fine with good variety---haven't dove for a few years but always was good with dive paradise---hotel staff very friendly---beds can be firm---good ac and hot water--rooms kept very clean---we do the all-inclusive because of the ease and the incredible value---really where can you stay with all food--beverages including cocktails--full use of hotel activities--and gratuity included for their price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billybbbb
CozumelResortSales, Director of Sales at Hotel Cozumel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so very much for your valuable and continued preference. We are so pleased to have happy repetitive guests like you! Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are looking forward to have you with us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is my second stay at HC and I loved it more than the first time. The food has improved greatly. Everything off the grill is delicious and this time the buffet items were hot and good. It's conveniently located within walking distance of two grocery stores and downtown. Dive Paradise is right across the street so you roll out of bed, eat breakfast, grab your gear and cross the street to your awaiting dive boat. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Not a fancy hotel but very comfortable with wifi in the rooms, lobby and pool area. Beds are a little hard but not terribly uncomfortable. Great dive hotel.

1  Thank DixieDiveChick
CozumelResortSales, Director of Sales at Hotel Cozumel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind review and for sharing your great dive vacation with the Trip Advisor readers. We are so happy that you have had a great stay with us. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a nice hotel if you are planning a dive vacation. It is right across the street from Dive Paradise who is their Dive OP. The rooms are nice but the walls are a little thin. It is a good idea to ask for a mattress pad as our mattress was shot. The pad made it very comfortable once they cut it to size. The staff is fantastic and always aim to please. Breakfast and lunch are good however, dinner is a different story. My suggestion is to go with the All Inclusive and plan to venture out for dinner. Cozumel is very safe to walk around. This is a very affordable hotel that allows you to put your money towards your activity, diving. We will be back to this resort.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your dive vacation with the Trip Advisor readers. We are so pleased you have had a great diving vacation with us. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Good hotel for the dive group, Dive Paradise In house dive shop, fair dive shop but we were forced to take a cattle boat when we reqested a small boat(as advertized) they claim had to be at least 5 divers, nothing In their advertizing stated this requiterment??see other comments below

Room Tip: Hotel Is rather old, try ground floor, but still a maze and a long walk to and from room..hotel is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mal p

Thank you for your feedback on the Dive Shop on the premises. I've forwarded them your review so they can take care of it accordingly. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor readers. We truly hope we can have you back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained. I had an ocean view with a balcony. I like to sit out there after diving and just relax. The bed was very firm. Much more than I care for. But tolerable. The decorations were well place and maintained. You can tell the staff takes pride in the appearance of their hotel. The pool area was large and accommodating. Very clean while I was there in spite of all the rain.
The staff was excellent. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and would do what they could to assist us.
One of my biggest concern was with the phone system. It worked occasionally at best.
The food was just ok. A lot of it was left overs and concocted into other dishes. They did not waste anything. Breakfast was by far the best meal. Lunch was ok. Dinner was fair. For the price paid and location I was willing to over look the food. We were in walking distance to town and other eateries.
The rooms were always kept clean and supplied. There would be different animals made from towels on our beds everyday. It became a treat to see what would be next.
Water coolers were place everywhere. We were encouraged to use reusable containers to reduce plastic waste. I like this idea but...I kept leaving my water bottle in places. LOL
I will consider this location on my next visit.

1  Thank don s

Hello Don, thank you for such a very well descriptive review of yours. I'm glad you have shared your good vacation experience with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are so pleased that you have had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hotel Cozumel and Resort as part of a dive package, and we would without question return again, whether as part of another package or on our own.

This is by no means a world-class resort, but for what it is and tries to be, it represents exceptional value. I found the entire staff to be friendly, cooperative, and accommodating, and the facilities are more than sufficient.

Again, this was a dive trip, and the diving experience permeates the entire resort. There is a dive shop and a dock right across the street -- there is even a tunnel underneath the street to the dive shop and dock -- and there are drying racks outside on the balcony of your room for all of your wet dive gear.

The rooms are simple but sufficient, and are comfortable, with free Wi-fi, and a safe in the room.

We were not part of an all-inclusive package, so I can offer no comment regarding the food, but I found the prices and service at both the pool bar and the lobby bar to be excellent, again with very friendly and accommodating staff.

The hotel’s website claims the largest swimming pool in Cozumel, and it is indeed a nice setting.

All-in-all, I have nothing negative whatsoever to say about this hotel. We found it to be an excellent value, and significantly better than I expected at its price-point.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us with all the Trip Advisor readers. We are so pleased that you have found us suitable for your diving vacation. We truly hope to have you with us in a near future again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just got back from a stay here in October for my first dive experience. This hotel is in an excellent location both for diving (through Dive Paradise) as well as walking into town. It was clean, and the staff was friendly and always accommodating. As a single traveler (I was there with a group of friends, but staying on my own), I always felt very safe and had no issues with the amenities at the hotel. The food was good (although not 5-star quality), there was always a nice selection. (Make sure if you're out at the grill by the pool that you ask them to make up some fresh guacamole for you...muy bueno !!!!!) All in all, I would most definitely recommend this hotel and for the price, you just can't beat it !

Room Tip: We were there in the off-season so traffic wasn't too bad, but I would suggest a room away from...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased that you have had a wonderful diving vacation with us. Thank you for recommending us to all the Trip Advisor readers. We hope to have you with us in a near future.