This is one of the host hotels for the Ironman race, so my thoughts are sort of from a racer's perspective (maybe I'd get something with more stars for a pure vacay):
Things I liked:
- The all-inclusive food is totally fine and we ended up eating there most of the time.
- The hotel has a "beach" that its built across the street (and is probably the only sandy area by the water that exists on this side of the island).
- Service/the people is quite good (very accommodating, helpful -- just one example: I didn't have the arm strength to remove pedals from my personal bike and they sent up their regular maintenance guy to do it for me).
- Pool is pretty and makes for a relaxing area.
- Laundry services
- Massage services are hit and miss and the spa is not very private. Plus, the therapist will leave your massage during appointments to help guests who come inside.
- Bad lighting in rooms
- Rooms not cozy (quite basic and not as nice looking as hotel pictures).
If You are Going for IM:
- Very close to T2 / end of race
- Pre-race mechanics
- Shuttles to everything
- 4AM breakfast is open on race day
- If you get an Ocean View, then your fam and/or friends can watch the bike race from their balcony
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This gorgeous resort is one mile away from the newly renovated center square with shopping, local restaurants and bars, and just minutes from the colorful and abundant coral reefs that have made Cozumel one of the world's top snorkeling and diving destinations. The largest swimming pool in town with two diferent meal plan options: All inclusive and European plan. 180 newly remodeled air conditioned rooms in 3 story buildings, including 6 superior rooms with jacuzzi and 1 two bedrooms Master Suite, all with flat screen tv, Wi-Fi free access, direct dial, touch tone telephones, bottle of water on arrival, radio alarm clock, safety deposit box, iron-ironing board, hair dryer and toiletres, adjoining rooms availables. the 180 rooms are non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Cozumel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cozumel Cozumel
- Hotel Cozumel Resort
- Cozumel Resort