We have been traveling to Cozumel for about twenty-five years now, and we have stayed in many different hotels and condos over that period, including Sol Caribe (now the Park Royal), Sol Melia, Occidental Grand, Casa Martillo and Hotel Cozumel ( used to be Fiesta Inn and then Las Brisas).
One of the reasons we keep returning to Hotel Cozumel is its location (easy walk into town) but more so, that the staff has been there for so many years - Rudy was the bellboy and now is the head of security; Cornelio and Israel are our two favorite waiters... They always go the extra mile for their customers. When we arrived nearly three weeks ago, we walked into the restaurant at the waterfront and Cornelio walked over and said, "just three days ago, I was thinking of you and wondering when I was going to see you again, and now, three days later, here you are!" When these people who enhance our visit remember us and call us by name, it is indeed a special experience. Every morning, except Mondays, Bertha prepares literally hundreds of orders of eggs and does it with such flair and skill that when she is not there, people just know they are not going to have eggs that day! Javier is a great host in the dining room and has a great sense of humor. Fernando is a treat as the head bellman - and if he isn't, he definitely SHOULD be
Now, down to how they could improve...
1) put floor lamps in the rooms, so if someone actually wants to read, they can see.
2) learn how to promote the resort - GIVE each person staying there one of the tee shirts which if ordered in bulk would cost very little but would do a HUGE service in promoting the facility
3) install some kind of solar blocking shades in the corridors in order to keep the heat down, and also reduce the need and cost for air conditioning
4) respect the majority of the clientele by enforcing QUIET TIME after 10:00 at night. If guests do not keep from getting falling down drunk and shouting profanities until 3:00 in the morning.
4) get rid of the fake flower arrangements on the tables in the dining room - totally NOT necessary
and they look cheap.
5) provide whatever the staff needs for uniforms - seeing frayed collars on the waiters' shirts is a disappointment and then to hear that they have not been given a new shirt for over 18 months - come on... Show you care for the people who make the hotel look good!
6) repair the steps at the ocean beach entry and install a NEW LADDER!!! This has gotten worse and more unsafe in the past three years. Trust me you do NOT want a lawsuit from someone falling and injuring themselves.
Would we go back??? Damned right! We are already making reservations for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This gorgeous resort is one mile away from the newly renovated center square with shopping, local restaurants and bars, and just minutes from the colorful and abundant coral reefs that have made Cozumel one of the world's top snorkeling and diving destinations. The largest swimming pool in town with two diferent meal plan options: All inclusive and European plan. 180 newly remodeled air conditioned rooms in 3 story buildings, including 6 superior rooms with jacuzzi and 1 two bedrooms Master Suite, all with screen tv, Wi-Fi free access, direct dial, touch tone telephones, bottle of water on arrival, radio alarm clock, safety deposit box, iron-ironing board, hair dryer and toiletres, adjoining rooms availables. the 180 rooms are non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel Cozumel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cozumel Cozumel
- Hotel Cozumel Resort
- Cozumel Resort