“Closes Early”

US$51.25*
Cozumel Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Sightseeing Tour with Private Driver
Ranked #23 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Although not as popular as Chichén Itzá, these ancient Mayan ruins are noteworthy in their own right, as this is the site where Mayan women paid tribute to the goddess of love and fertility.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We rented cars to travel around Cozumel and by the time we got to the San Gervasio Mayan site it was closed. It closes at @3PM. I had done research ahead of time on the site, but apparently not enough because I never saw that it closed so early. I'm required to give an overall rating, but I was not able to visit the site so I gave it average.

1  Thank AnnualAdventurer

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although not as spectacular or extensive as Tulum or Chichen Itza, this is certainly just as interesting a site.
Bring bug spray as some kind of biting insects will descend on you just outside the ruins.
Our guide was very informative and explained the importance of the site and why it was abandoned
We found it worth the time.
Pictures allowed but as with all Mexican parks, you pay an extra fee for a video camera - I think it's about $5-6 bucks.

1  Thank Twywn
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I geek out on Mayan ruins, and these were no exception. Though smaller in size and number than other, more famous ruin sites, this is a not-to-be-missed attraction in Coz. We went early, around 9 am, and were the only ones there. There were also very few mosquitoes that early, which was helpful. I love sites that you can get up close and personal with, and these were just that. We wandered around, and you can just feel the energy from those ancient stones. Truly a joy and makes you realize how amazing history can be.

3  Thank tjsnorkel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I loved the peaceful walk through these Mayan Ruins. We went on our own without a guide and were able to take our time and get plenty of pictures! There are no tall structures at this site. It is not like Tuluum or Belize. But it is historical, well kept and pleasant. The Mayan women would walk 6 miles from the coast for their annual pilgrimage to reflect and commune. It's beautiful and a nice break from the shopping madness while in Cozumel.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have visited San Gervasio Mayan Site several times. During our most recent visit, we decided to take a guided tour with Ivan as our guide. Not only was this our most educational visit, Ivan made it fun and entertaining. Our three sons remember seeing iguanas on the property. Seeing the iguanas again brought back good memories of earlier visits.