“Mayan Village of El Cedral, Cozumel”
Review of El Cedral

US$250.00*
Wheelchair-Accessible Private Island Tour of Cozumel
Ranked #58 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
Reviewed 6 November 2013

El Cedral is a small, quaint, and old Mayan village on the island of Cozumel, Mexico. It has a genuine but small Mayan ruin and a nice small Catholic church to see. We went into the church but you cannot enter the Mayan ruin. The people are very friendly and we got to sample some homemade tacos after viewing a local resident's home.

1  Thank Gary A

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dirty,unfriendly little town that will try to extort all of your money, skip it. Not the pearl of cozumel more like the dung heap. Stick to the snorkeling, diving and beach areas of cozumel don't waste you time here. The ruins are very small and not worth seeing.

1  Thank RyanF30709
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My girlfriend and I took a Carnival Cruise and ended up in this little town by cab. The cab driver, Freddie took us on a guided tour for $25 each. This is a very quaint little town but travelers beware. The vendors there are crooks. We each bought a ring that the salesman claimed was blue diamonds and my friend also purchased a pair of sapphire earrings. When got back home to the states and took them to the jeweler we found out they are cut glass and gold over sterling silver. We were charged in pesos and they wrote the U.S.D. amount on the receipt. I paid with my debit and when I checked my account at home they had ripped me off for an extra $50. I cannot get mine back because it was a debit card. My friend was able to call her credit card company to stop payment...be very careful...

1  Thank haysville7
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Maybe because it was August, but nothing happening here. We were looking for the tequila tour nearby, we were greeted by an eager local shop owner who gave us a "private" tour. At first I was apprehensive, mass at the church just ended, Daniel shared the local culture and history and we ended up sharing his tequila at his shop. It was fun for the short visit but not much to see otherwise. If you do go, ask for Daniel!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We went to the ruins at El Cedral as a short little tour, and it was not good. We were the only ones there, it was hard to figure out where to go, and there was nothing to see. There was one man there giving tours, and I don't know if he was actually working or just a random person that was trying to get tips. There was also a very pushy man there with an iguana to take pictures with. There were about three things to see, all very small, and a church. I would definitely not go to these ruins.