“There's no place like home!!!!”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Cozumel, Mexico
“There's no place like home!!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We've stayed at the Coral Princess over and over again. Three time in the past 12 months alone. We love it so much we became owners last May. Yes, there was construction going on but they tried to be considerate. They didn't work on Saturday or Sunday or begin work early in the morning. The building is finally getting the attention that it needs which is great, but in my opinion it's the staff that makes this place so wonderful. We always feel like we're going back home when we arrive. The service is great. The food is really good and you cannot beat the massages on the beach. We've been traveling to Mexico since the mid 80's and have been over 60 times. Cozumel and The Coral Princess if definitely one of our favorite places. Can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: We love to stay in the one bedroom suite. The last night we were there we had two other couples up...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Coral Princess Hotel & Resort we are pleased to know that we are your home away from home, our team is the best on the island and have a single mission, repeat business, this is achieved with good service and attention at all times customers, we hope to see you soon and thanks for recommending

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was our first time to Cozumel and we were nervous at first, but our experience at Coral Princess was great! Having read other reviews about construction on the time share side, we asked in advance to stay on the hotel side and were accommodated without problem. The room was small, but adequate and with a decent fridge. It was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! The west-facing ocean views are amazing. The staff are friendly and responsive. Pepe Scuba is a great shop and we enjoyed outselves. There isn't much in walking distance and we didn't find the food wonderful either. To the newbies - make sure to bring bug spray and buy your water and snacks at the Mega grocery store! Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I"m a single woman that travels alone. I would have to say the coral princess,takes the time to make sure you are in safe hands. My travel agent made mistakes in my reservation,I was a little upset at the time of arrival , but Angel went over and beyond fixed the problems and made sure I had a great stay I am so appreciative for that. I stayed in May a little slow at the hotel. Great maid service,one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at. The service of the wait staff is great! Nice location you can walk to town. When I was there they were working on the balconies in the pool area. The noise did not really bother me, after all Hotels will always have to repair something. If you like to dive ,or snorkel this is the place to stay best reef. Such nice guys in the dive shop. I have stayed there for years and at dinner they usually have a grill and a small band. Not this time I asked why,I was told that it was very slow at the hotel so they were not going to have it. I myself being in the restaurant and bar business can understand that. The only thing I would have to say is I think a little up dating could be done even if it is just some painting. Over all I would highly recommend this hotel. Great vacation! I will return with some guests. Cozumel is in need of more tourism. That would help the hotels. Thanks to all

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best. They are over looking the pool which can be noisy but I was in...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I want to preface this by stating that we have stayed at the Coral Princess three times before now, and have always had a good experience. Coral Princess use to be a good deal. The prices were low, the food was good, and they cared about the guests. After this last trip, I realize that none of those things are true anymore. Now, they are charging more, giving less, and it is no longer a good place to stay.

There are much newer, better hotels to choose from. Keep reading, and you will know how I know that:

When we arrived there was loud construction going on in the pool area. The whole purpose on this trip for us was to relax by the pool after SCUBA, and de-stress. This was not possible, as there was no where to go to get away from the constant hammering, sanding, and cement grinding that went on daily from morning to dusk. One day they stopped construction to seal the pool deck. However, the fumes from the sealant were so strong that you couldn't go anywhere near the pool — we could even smell the fumes from our room on a top floor.

For the rest of the trip, we only slept in the hotel. We left every day to try to find other hotels that would let us use their pools. Our annual vacation was ruined. We will never stay there again!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
9 Thank Bald W
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Sorry that repairs and maintenance to improve the Hotel and Vacation Club Section, we are working on improvements according to requests and comments from customers and partners always with the vision to provide better service to have the guarantee that your next stay will be unforgettable thanks for your comments on your next stay please contact me arico@coralprincess.com
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our 4th trip to the Coral Princess in 5 years was a disappointment in many ways. The wait staff and the dive shop are as excellent as ever, and the weather was perfect, but exterior maintenance on the property was a major detraction. Half of the patio was closed off, which made access to the pool, the beach area, the towel boy, and the dive shop difficult. The fumes from the sealant being applied to the patio were delightful. Sledge hammers, grinders, and drills were being used on the balconies made for relaxing afternoons on the beach. I understand that routine maintenance is necessary, and that early May is a slow time, but no consideration was given to the guests. Word is that the maintenance will continue for the next two months, so beware. The hotel rooms also need updating, particularly the bathrooms. The last thing we did before leaving Cozumel was check out the Hotel B next door as a possibility for our next trip, since we love to dive in Cozumel.

2 Thank Skirun57
Is absolutely right, we are working in the section according Vacation Club as request of members, the section of the hotel is in good condition, pool on the floor had to use a fast drying product and I am ready, sorry the inconvenience and hope to have it on your next stay, please contact me arico@coralprincess.com
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at the Coral Princess for the first time in nearly 10 years and was pleased to find that it is good now as it was then. I stayed there several times in the 1999-2002 timeframe and wound up back there this April. I am a frequent visitor to Cozumel, but generally stay with friends in town.

I was quite happy to walk in the door and immediately see Pedro and Jaime (Jimmy), both of whom I knew when I stayed there years ago. They and the rest of the staff were excellent then and are excellent now (I gather some of the waiters have been there many years also). My room was always spotless, and I enjoyed my breakfast each day. I was still happy with the swimming/snorkeling in front of the hotel, but as I am sure others have noted it is ironshore (you jump in or climb down a 3 foot ladder--it is not a beach where you wade into the water)

I think the Coral Princess gives an excellent blend of service and amenities for its price range, making quite a good value in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
We are pleased to know that your stay was spectacular, we have the best team in cozumel, always dedicated to providing quality service in Coral Princess Hotel & Resort thanks for your comments
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We spent a wonderfully relaxing week at the Coral Princess and hope to return sometime soon! We traded (RCI) into a hotel suite on the jungle (aka street) side, but wanted to upgrade to a 1 bedroom ocean view suite with a kitchen. Called ahead before leaving and was quoted almost $75 a day to upgrade, so waited till we got there. April is a slow month, so when we arrived they quoted us $40 a day for an ocean view 1 bedroom suite and we took it. We were on the second floor and had a very nice view of the ocean and the pool and manmade beach. We took dozens of breathtaking sunset pictures!

The free wifi in the room worked great for us, maybe because we were on the second floor ~ room 302. It is an older resort, but the staff is exceptional at keeping it looking great. Since it was the slow season, they were doing a lot of repairs, but it was tolerable. It's Mexico, so had daily maid service and the room was spotless! There's a very nice restaurant onsite, but not many others close by. However, taxis are plentiful and 60 pesos gets you to the square.

We spent several relaxing days in the chairs under the straw palapas and some under the chairs and umbrellas. The beach service was great and everything we had was wonderful. We had breakfast on our balcony every morning ~ looking over the beautiful ocean ~ we could get used to that! We dove with Pepe's Scuba and Abidias was a great divemaster! We also snorkeled in the ocean in front of the resort and it was very good for something you didn't have to take a boat to view. I've read about people who had problems with bugs or mosquitos and even though I'm a magnet at home, I had zero problems, not one mosquito bite.

Our favorite restaurant was Kinta and we loved the Kaokao Chocolate Factory tour. We will stay there the next time we visit Cozumel!

Room Tip: Be sure to get an ocean view room! If wifi is important, we had great service in room 302.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple