“Great Friendly Hotel”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just had a business trip to Cozumel and stayed at the Coral Princess. Must admit the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to ensure my stay was stress free. Ok, there is a bit of renovation work going on, but nothing major and it did not interupt my brief stay. I was impressed with the friendly atmosphere amongst the other guests, who I found out later return to the Coral Princess year after year. A lovely relaxing hotel where I would like to spend more time.

Room Tip: Opt for the sea view rooms/suites. My Jungle View room overlooked the car park and road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and Understanding, for the improvements, we are making in the Hotel, is an honor for me to have the best staff of Cozumel, always dependent on the satisfaction of c we hope to soon for this home

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I just left this beautiful place and can't wait to return next year. The staff is wonderful and very helpful (especially Pedro and Anna..we are going to miss their smiles every morning). This was our first visit after purchasing this Coral Princess timeshare and I couldn't of been more pleased. It is a small hotel/timeshare, but this is what makes it so perfect because there are less people and more staff attention. The service is what makes it a 5star in my opinion. They are doing many improvements to the property and I'm excited to see the upgrades when I return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dee C
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We've stayed at the Coral Princess over and over again. Three time in the past 12 months alone. We love it so much we became owners last May. Yes, there was construction going on but they tried to be considerate. They didn't work on Saturday or Sunday or begin work early in the morning. The building is finally getting the attention that it needs which is great, but in my opinion it's the staff that makes this place so wonderful. We always feel like we're going back home when we arrive. The service is great. The food is really good and you cannot beat the massages on the beach. We've been traveling to Mexico since the mid 80's and have been over 60 times. Cozumel and The Coral Princess if definitely one of our favorite places. Can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: We love to stay in the one bedroom suite. The last night we were there we had two other couples up...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Coral Princess Hotel & Resort we are pleased to know that we are your home away from home, our team is the best on the island and have a single mission, repeat business, this is achieved with good service and attention at all times customers, we hope to see you soon and thanks for recommending

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was our first time to Cozumel and we were nervous at first, but our experience at Coral Princess was great! Having read other reviews about construction on the time share side, we asked in advance to stay on the hotel side and were accommodated without problem. The room was small, but adequate and with a decent fridge. It was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! The west-facing ocean views are amazing. The staff are friendly and responsive. Pepe Scuba is a great shop and we enjoyed outselves. There isn't much in walking distance and we didn't find the food wonderful either. To the newbies - make sure to bring bug spray and buy your water and snacks at the Mega grocery store! Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I"m a single woman that travels alone. I would have to say the coral princess,takes the time to make sure you are in safe hands. My travel agent made mistakes in my reservation,I was a little upset at the time of arrival , but Angel went over and beyond fixed the problems and made sure I had a great stay I am so appreciative for that. I stayed in May a little slow at the hotel. Great maid service,one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at. The service of the wait staff is great! Nice location you can walk to town. When I was there they were working on the balconies in the pool area. The noise did not really bother me, after all Hotels will always have to repair something. If you like to dive ,or snorkel this is the place to stay best reef. Such nice guys in the dive shop. I have stayed there for years and at dinner they usually have a grill and a small band. Not this time I asked why,I was told that it was very slow at the hotel so they were not going to have it. I myself being in the restaurant and bar business can understand that. The only thing I would have to say is I think a little up dating could be done even if it is just some painting. Over all I would highly recommend this hotel. Great vacation! I will return with some guests. Cozumel is in need of more tourism. That would help the hotels. Thanks to all

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best. They are over looking the pool which can be noisy but I was in...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I want to preface this by stating that we have stayed at the Coral Princess three times before now, and have always had a good experience. Coral Princess use to be a good deal. The prices were low, the food was good, and they cared about the guests. After this last trip, I realize that none of those things are true anymore. Now, they are charging more, giving less, and it is no longer a good place to stay.

There are much newer, better hotels to choose from. Keep reading, and you will know how I know that:

When we arrived there was loud construction going on in the pool area. The whole purpose on this trip for us was to relax by the pool after SCUBA, and de-stress. This was not possible, as there was no where to go to get away from the constant hammering, sanding, and cement grinding that went on daily from morning to dusk. One day they stopped construction to seal the pool deck. However, the fumes from the sealant were so strong that you couldn't go anywhere near the pool — we could even smell the fumes from our room on a top floor.

For the rest of the trip, we only slept in the hotel. We left every day to try to find other hotels that would let us use their pools. Our annual vacation was ruined. We will never stay there again!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
9  Thank Bald W
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Sorry that repairs and maintenance to improve the Hotel and Vacation Club Section, we are working on improvements according to requests and comments from customers and partners always with the vision to provide better service to have the guarantee that your next stay will be unforgettable thanks for your comments on your next stay please contact me arico@coralprincess.com

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our 4th trip to the Coral Princess in 5 years was a disappointment in many ways. The wait staff and the dive shop are as excellent as ever, and the weather was perfect, but exterior maintenance on the property was a major detraction. Half of the patio was closed off, which made access to the pool, the beach area, the towel boy, and the dive shop difficult. The fumes from the sealant being applied to the patio were delightful. Sledge hammers, grinders, and drills were being used on the balconies made for relaxing afternoons on the beach. I understand that routine maintenance is necessary, and that early May is a slow time, but no consideration was given to the guests. Word is that the maintenance will continue for the next two months, so beware. The hotel rooms also need updating, particularly the bathrooms. The last thing we did before leaving Cozumel was check out the Hotel B next door as a possibility for our next trip, since we love to dive in Cozumel.

2  Thank Skirun57

Is absolutely right, we are working in the section according Vacation Club as request of members, the section of the hotel is in good condition, pool on the floor had to use a fast drying product and I am ready, sorry the inconvenience and hope to have it on your next stay, please contact me arico@coralprincess.com