“Some changes”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here many times over about 17 years. Been able to see how economy affects service and quality of the facility. There are some new front desk staff as well as new waitstaff in the restaurant. Took a little getting used to. We had three days of el Norte (north winds), really rattled the glass in the sliding doors to the balconies. I guess it was either rattling or blown out under the pressure of the wind.

Internet service is not consistent, especially in the rooms. Best is in the lobby, but the secure connections sometimes lose the signal. The open connections are usually solid, but not all the time, and it depends on what part of the public space you are in, and also if there's a storm. Cell signals may be variable depending on the weather.

After Wilma, the resort was completely redone inside. This included new bed linens and towels. Well, the pillows need to be replaced as they are getting quite hard; the towels have mostly lost their fluff.

The bellboys are still the mainstay of the reception in the hotel. They can usually supply you with coupons for discounts at local restaurants, or a free drink.

If you arrive much before 2PM, your room may not be ready if it has to be cleaned from a previous checkout. The 4PM check-in time is pretty much it. BUT, go hang out at the Palapa Bar or K8, have some nachos, a burger, a cerveza, and that should take away the pain of inconvenience. The bellboys will keep track of your luggage. Better yet, change your clothes in the rest-room and hit the pool (but not very hard 'cause it's not very deep).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Rick,

Warm greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort!

We would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments, believe me your feedback is really appreciated, and we are taking notes of your pleasant recommendations. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and really hope to see you again on Coral Princess to keep enjoying the beauty of Cozumel.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Jose Antonio Rico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Coral Princess. It is not too far from the pier, my husband and I walked since the weather was so great. Otherwise, it is around $6 in a taxi. The highlight of the resort is the pepe dive shop and snorkeling. We saw such pretty fishes and sting ray too. Frank at the dive shop is very friendly and flexible with plans. We were also very happy with Steve (I think that was his name) from the concierge services too. He got us great scooters and worked with our schedule. The day we planned to rent, it started pouring and Steve did not force the scooters on us, we did not even had to ask him. And got us the scooters the next day in a moment's notice. The food is average. I was a little disappointed with our breakfast experience. We were given red color bands saying we have free breakfast and then when we had break fast in the buffet, we were told that our band did not include it. We had to pay the difference which was like about 100 pesos for 2, which is not too expensive. But I would have preferred them tell us that we have only Coral Princess breakfast free and that we have to ask for it. The service was good I must say, some staff were very nice and there were a couple who were not so great. It was a great place for the price we paid and we were happy

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aquablue_84

Dear Guest,

I hope you are well. Thank you for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am sharing as well your kind comments abour our services with all the team and our friends from Pepe Scuba Dive Shop.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

our Christmas holiday for 2013 was spent at the Coral Princess. Great room, easy peasy checkin process, and great staff! only downside.. our room, with an ocean view, overlooked the place where they put the band :( not so cool when you have to get some sleep for that early morning dive.. spoke the hotel manager and offered suggestions as to how he could rearrange the space so the sound would not go into the rooms but away from rooms. they took the advice and the next night, slept well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CCurtis_11

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to seeing you soon on Coral Princess!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Sit back and relax. The staff here is great and will help you in everything you need. Remember that things are a little slower here and treat it like a vacation should be. Several things were closed by the government. No pool bars and part of the beach area. Also the hot tub was still not working. The staff had to work double as nothing was close for them. Again great staff. We have been members for over 14 years and the only problem we hasd was with Angel in reservations. My empression was that he wanted us to use more of our vacation coupons to upgrade. He put us in a jungle view room and after several conversations with him he reluctantly moved us to an ocean view in the hotel side. No refrigator and after another conversation fimally had one mover to our room. We were staying for two weeks and thought he could have done much better. The excuse that there were no member studio rooms available was simply not true. Bless the staff as they made up for his attempt to make our trip unpleasant. Hopefully management has this type of problem fixed in the future.

Room Tip: verify ahead of time the view you will have. All the rooms are adequate but I was there to see the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry W
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear guest,

I hope you are well. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, it is for us an excellent tool to read all our guest comments. We apologize for the inconveniences encountered with the pool bars, it is a documentation update requirement, that's why we had to close these areas temporarily, but we are working on it and expect it to come to normality very soon!

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My otherwise positive experience at Coral Princess Cozumel turned disastrous when I realized that all the money from my wallet was taken when my luggage was in the storage room of the hotel. My friend and I checked out of the hotel in the morning and gave our bags to be stored in the hotel storage room. We received our bags from storage later that day and took a ferry back to Playa del Carmen. On the ferry I discovered that my wallet, which had about $100 US dollars in cash that morning, was completely empty of cash.

I called the hotel as soon as the ferry arrived in Playa del Carmen and reported this incident to a hotel employee, Hector. He asked me to call back in 10 minutes. I did so, and he said that he spoke with the staff and that no one took my money and that there was nothing the hotel can do for me. I asked to speak with the manager and was told that the manager was in a 2 hour meeting. I called again in the evening and was told that the manager left for the day and that I should call the following day between 9am-6pm. I called the following day at around 11:30am and was told that the manager was not available. I was advised to send the manager an email, which I did and received no reply. At this point I am not holding out hope of getting my money back, but wanted to write this review to warn others who are considering staying at the Coral Princess Cozumel as both the robbery and management's handling of the situation are troublesome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Alex S

Dear Alex,

I hope you are well. First of all I would like to thank you for let us know about your problem, it is important to us give the best quality service to our guests and help them in every way we can. As our guest service staff told you before, you did not let your luggage in the hotel, we think you forgot it in other place. Also I would like you to know that in Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort we don't have any staff called HECTOR. We would like to keep helping you with this situation, but you need to give us the correct information, please. You did not let your luggage in the hotel and we don't have anybody in our staff called HECTOR.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Coral Princess is an average hotel......pro's are great ocean view, and very large suite rooms w/balcony, decent price paid for room, close to airport and town ($5 taxi ride). The con's........horrible internet connection throughout the place.......needed to go to the lobby to get a connection, and met plenty other guests that had the same issue. The hotel seems to know about this, but does little to fix the issue (very hard to understand in this day and age of technology/computers/etc)........but I'm sure they have heard the same issue repeated to them thousands of times. Also some items in room are very worn (like rusty lamp shades).......although the bed was very nice (most important to us). Seems to be a place were many scuba folks stay, as the beach/pool front is very small (a few chairs, no beach walking, rocky entry to water), but boats are picking scuba people up morning and night each day. We only stayed here two days, before our departure back to the States, after staying in Coz for the previous week at a rented house south of town on the beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert5857
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Roberto,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. We are sorry for the problems with the Wi-Fi, I would like you to know that we are fix this issue including more MB on the Wi-Fi, therefore, the next time you visit us you can enjoy the best internet in the island.

On behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort wish you an excellent day!

José Antonio Rico

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My family has been coming here since 1993. The people are what make this place special. You will never find a more genuine group of folks with smiles that are inoculating. I feel like we are visiting old friends when we come here.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Tony,

I hope you are well. First of all I would like to thank you for your preference to us for all this years, you are part of the family of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort. Thanks for recommending us, I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Wish you a wonderful day!

José Antonio Rico