Stayed here many times over about 17 years. Been able to see how economy affects service and quality of the facility. There are some new front desk staff as well as new waitstaff in the restaurant. Took a little getting used to. We had three days of el Norte (north winds), really rattled the glass in the sliding doors to the balconies. I guess it was either rattling or blown out under the pressure of the wind.
Internet service is not consistent, especially in the rooms. Best is in the lobby, but the secure connections sometimes lose the signal. The open connections are usually solid, but not all the time, and it depends on what part of the public space you are in, and also if there's a storm. Cell signals may be variable depending on the weather.
After Wilma, the resort was completely redone inside. This included new bed linens and towels. Well, the pillows need to be replaced as they are getting quite hard; the towels have mostly lost their fluff.
The bellboys are still the mainstay of the reception in the hotel. They can usually supply you with coupons for discounts at local restaurants, or a free drink.
If you arrive much before 2PM, your room may not be ready if it has to be cleaned from a previous checkout. The 4PM check-in time is pretty much it. BUT, go hang out at the Palapa Bar or K8, have some nachos, a burger, a cerveza, and that should take away the pain of inconvenience. The bellboys will keep track of your luggage. Better yet, change your clothes in the rest-room and hit the pool (but not very hard 'cause it's not very deep).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront resort located on the North side of Cozumel Island, just 10 minutes away from downtown. Hosting 148 bright and spacious rooms with wonderful landscapes, outlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea or the exotic jungle. We are a Golf Inclusive Resort, our guests do not pay Green Fees at Cozumel Country Club. As we stand on top of coral reef formations, snorkeling and diving experiences are just one jump away. Prestigious Pepe Scuba Dive Shop is on-site, they offer instruction, certification, expeditions and gear rental. At our Restaurant and bars it's always a pleasure to savor Italian Chef Toni Parente's creations. Raúl and his team will alleviate all the tensions with their magical body therapies at Spa Coral. Our commitment with the community and the Planet makes us follow positive environmental practices and promote conservancy programs to reduce human impact. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Princess Hotel Cozumel
- Coral Princess Hotel And Resort