“Wonderful Stay”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our stay at the Coral Princess Hotel in Cozumel was wonderful. The staff really caters to your every need or whim. The snorkeling at The Coral Princess is great. You can go 500 yards either direction from the entry point at the Princess and see all that a reef has to offer (we saw large/small varieties of stingrays, starfish, variety of eels, and barracudas...just to name a few)...millions of fish. If you want to see more, Pedro and Alex in the lobby can arrange many different trips of enjoyment. The best part is that for the value of dollar spent, we got much more in enjoyment return at the Princess versuses any of the other hotels we have stayed in Cozumel.

Room Tip: You can go wrong with any of the rooms. The ocean facing rooms are obvious the best but all rooms a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I hope to see you soon on Coral Princess. Wish you an excellent day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Though we did not have the best weather, we had a great time. Had the penthouse this time - 3 BR, lots of room. Service was good. We used the kitchen a lot, but also hit most happy hours. Breakfast always good. We LOVE the Captain at the Restaurant. Always have a massage here too - LOVE it. Can't wait for the new hot tub to open. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JV G
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Gohart,

I hope you are well, thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort!

I look forward to seeing you soon. On behalf of Coral Princess wish you a wonderful day!!!

Jose Antonio Rico

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed 4 nights here and were quite comfortable. We booked a hotel room and got a basic room with a coffee maker and mini-fridge. The staff, grounds, spa, dive shop and restaurant were all great. The only issue we had was with the time-share guy. We've owned for a lot of years and love ours and use them. We like going to the presentations because we usually learn something new. Plus, I was really looking forward to the massage! The sales rep was a complete moron who rubbed us wrong within the first couple minutes and we walked out after less than 10. He said he didn't know why we were there and what to do with us. I always figured they're job was to sell timeshares! He was older and I think he probably should retire as he definitely did not like his work! Its a shame this great little spot only gets a rating if 4, but he is the reason.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikedebotr

Dear Guest,

I hope you are well. Thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate your feedback about our service and about your experience with our sales representative, I'll talk to him to avoid this kind of problem in the near future.

I look forward to seeing you soon. On behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort wish you an excellent day!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I have been to Cozumel 4 times and three of those times we have stayed at the Coral Princess. The location is excellent, it is just a few miles north of the town square area. Being a few miles away is nice as there is less traffic and noise. Renting a car is advisable IF you plan on going to the other side of the island, otherwise its a $6 USD cab ride to the downtown area.

The facility itself is older but has been updated and renovated many times. I personally have only had 1 issue with the maintenance and that was my own fault (we requested a toaster oven in the kitchen and was running that at the same time as the microwave on the same outlet and it popped the circuit breaker).

We always stayed in the ocean view suite so I can only speak of those rooms. They were always clean, housekeeping came while we were out for the day to keep it clean. We enjoyed having the kitchen so we could make our own breakfast's. There are several supermarket's in town, I would recommend the Mega. Nothing like having breakfast on the balcony with the ocean breeze. the bedrooms were well appointed, T.V., telephone, safe, closets etc...And it is possible to find movies in english or subtitled in english sometimes.

The billiard room/bar in the lobby area is very modern and recently updated. We went during the NFL playoff's and we were able to watch the games there. The pool area is very relaxing. Part of the charm of the coral princess is that it is NOT a large resort. So the pool area is rarely crowded, most of the time you will have 1 of the 2 pools to yourself. There also is an open water entrance that has amazing snorkeling. If you read the snorkeling guides for Cozumel you will find the Coral Princess referenced in all of them. You can snorkel against the current for a while and then drift back, its amazing. Drinks and food on site is good, and not very expensive.

Two head up:

The wifi is spotty and not at the speeds we are used to in the U.S., But it does work well in the lobby and pool area.

Exchanging USD for Peso can be done here BUT they may not have a large quantity available. We tried to exchange a couple hundred dollars to peso's and had to wait till the afternoon to pick up the currency. We have found the ATM in the Mega has the best exchange rate and very little service charge, and you can withdraw up to 5000 pesos ($420 USD or so)

We have always been happy with the Coral Princess and plan to visit again.

Room Tip: The ocean view suite upgrade will pay for itself if you use the kitchen for breakfast's instead...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthsidePK

Dear guest,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us on this time.

I look forward to seeing you soon, on behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort wish you a wonderful day!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Feb 2014-Our 3rd trip to Cozumel. We have always stayed at condos in the past-this was our first hotel experience. The accommodations we nice, for the value. The snorkeling in front of the hotel are great!!! Lots of fish, etc. There is no need to hire a snorkel trip when you can simply go down the steps in front of the hotel and see all the great ocean life in the area. (If you have your own snorkel gear.) I was disappointed to find out at breakfast that I had to pay for my kid's breakfast. When I made the reservation, I booked for two adults and two children. My confirmation said free breakfast; however, it was not until we were at breakfast that we were informed the free breakfast was only for the two adults. BEWARE OF THIS IF YOU ARE TRAVELING AS A FAMILY! We were also slightly irritated by how pushy the staff was at trying to get us to book adventures. I understand that the concierge staff probably only makes money by adventures that are booked, but it got to the point where we would avoid going through the lobby while we knew they we working. Every time we entered the lobby, they would try to get us to book a dive trip, tour around the island, etc. We made it clear to the staff several times that we had plans scheduled for each day, but they continued to hound us every time we were in the lobby. Overall, the hotel was a good value. Not sure if I would stay again....

4  Thank lovethesun7778

Dear guest,

I hope you are well. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and I appreciate your feedback, I am taking note of everything to improve our service. I am sorry for the kids breakfast, but I would like you to know that we don´t include the free breakfast for kids on extranets or website and we are clear on this information on the internet. Please feel free to contact me if you need further information or if you want to include the breakfast next time.

I hope to see you soon on Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, wish you a wonderful day!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

In terms of price-quality this was the best hotel we stayed in after a month of traveling through Mexico. The rooms are very standard, but clean, and have tons of drawer space. It's not half bad snorkling off the back of the hotel, and the included breakfast was nice.
My only negatives would be that the staff (though very personable) can be a little pushy if you show any interest at all in booking a tour or car or something, and the wifi really only works in one small corner in the lobby, and though other networks come up, you aren't allowed the password. Also, the balcony on the 9th floor has a really low railing, which isn't the safest thing I've ever seen.
If you stay here, renting a car is a great idea as it's not so close to San Miguel. But overall it's a great, low cost choice in cozumel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cm28

Dear Guest,

I hope you are enjoying your stay back home. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I appreciate your feedback and we are taking note of everything to improve our service.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Coral Princess is both a hotel and resort(TIME SHARE arrangement) We stayed in the penthouse of time share portion of property. Very nice. Added extra room, so we had 3 bedrooms all with private bathrooms. Each bath room had deep soaker style tub and main bath of penthouse had a jacuzzi tub.
There were 2 balconies that had wonderful ocean views.
There is not a true beach,although sand surrounds much of the 2 pools. To enter water you have todive/jump from concrete boat dock ( only 1-2 feet high)
When we were there the 2 outside bars /snack areas were closed due to some zoning issues with Cozumel. However you could still order from inside bar and restaurant using servers that were outside to take orders.
This was a family dive vacation that we plan on making an annual event. Only down side to diving is the reefs are at opposite end of island. Thus long boat rides to and from reefs.
Pepe's scuba shop is right on property and is a first class operation with owner Frank overseeing daily operations. Boats are small 6-10 divers max Abdais,was a great divemaster and prided himself on making each dive interesting by showing such things as seahorses and toadfish. Thanks Abdias,you were great,as were all oher divemasters.
Can't comment on hotel portion of property ,but all guests seemed to be enjoying their stays.

Room Tip: Would suggest an ocean view room as all face the west,so great daily sunsets.
1  Thank OhioTravelers43112

Dear guest,

I hope you are well, and I would really like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and let us know your experience at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well your diving with Pepe Scuba Dive Shop. Thanks again for your feedback and I really hope to see you soon on CP, your home sweet home in the Caribbean.

Have an excellent day!