“Always a pleasure”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We've been returning to the Coral Princess fo almost 20 years....nobody makes us keep going there...it's because we really enjoy the place. It's always clean and friendly and most of the staff has been there years...it's very comfortable

• Stayed: March 2014
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you always enjoy your stay with us at Coral Princess.

I hope to see you very soon on this beautiful island, and thank you to be with us for the last 20 years.

Warm Regards,
José Antonio Rico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Things that worked well were the Elevator, A/C, and Hot Shower. Disappointed that the room safes are not computerized/combination and to get a lock and key requires a $100.00 US deposit! I asked the front desk for a Do Not Disturb sign for the room door and was told they did not have them at the hotel.........only to get one easily from the cleaning woman?! This hotel does not have a business center or computer available for its guests (had to go into town to check emails and print out boarding passes)! The front desk did not provide a requested wake up call on one of the mornings. Pool Bar and Hot Tub were not operational. Pool is small and was not clean with lots of stuff floating in water. This may have been a luxury hotel in its day, but it is definitely very tired now and is average at best. The people working at the hotel are nice. Its the facility and lack of amenities that are lacking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Sam,

I hope you are well and thank you for your feedback about your stay at Coral Princess Cozumel. I would like you to know that we are alredy check every point you mentioned in your post at TripAdvisor, and I would like to tell you that, we do have a Business Center with an excellent Wi-Fi, please if you visit us again in the near future, ask at front desk for it, also we don't have computer availables for the guests, but we are working to build a special area "Ciber-Cafe" inside the hotel, also you can ask for a computer at front desk and we can lend you one of our employees.

We request the deposit of $100 for the safe box key only in case you lose the key. At the end of your stay we give back the money you gave us. ($100usd). Also we do give the service of WAKE UP call in the morning if you requested at front desk, but we don't give "clocks" for waking up. And sorry for the Do Not Disturb card, I already talked with my employees about this situation, and it won't happen again in the future.

We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can demonstrate the level of service that we are known for.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The overall appearance of the MEMBER'S rooms appears to have improved. There were new chairs, new couch and new flat screen TVs. Also, one the better improvements was the new patio doors. Much easier to open and very nice.
One thing that needs to greatly improve is the menu. Same stuff all the time. This really needs to be updated and recipes improved. All in all, it was a wonderful trip and the staff is very nice...as usual.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry4101

Dear Terry,

I hope you are well and thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. Also I appreciated your feedback.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us at our Resort, and I hope to see you soon on this beautiful island.

Warm Regads,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We absolutely love Coral Princess. We have been vacationing there for 20 plus years & it is like home for us. Pedro & all the concierge crew are The Best. The waiters are like family! Two weeks spent there is awesome!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Andrea,

I hope you are well. I am very glad that you have been vacationing in COral Princess from the last 20 years, it is amazing! I totally know the staff is happy to see you every time you visit us at our Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Coral Princess for our honeymoon recently and absolutely loved it. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, willing to go above and beyond to make sure that you are comfortable and taken care of. Everyone from the desk clerks to the restaurant staff truly enjoys speaking with the guests and making sure their stay is everything that it should be. Alex at the excursions desk did an excellent job of providing advice and helping us find things to do on and around the island. It's also highly convenient to have a scuba shop in the hotel to go snorkeling right off the back of the hotel. Our stay in Mexico certainly made it difficult to come back to the midwest. A big thanks to all of the staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the money!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JD070
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest,

First of all I would to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your honemoon with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for one night and were not impressed. Priced as a luxury resort, the only redeeming quality was the ocean access (but no beach). Overall the place had an odd smell, the food was very bad. We had to send two plates back for still having food stuck on them from a previous meal. Rude staff at the front desk. No bottled water at breakfast as the bar isn't open. Bath tub didn't drain and was highly rusted. Two bedroom suite is spacious but furnishings were very basic.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank PearlandOwl

Dear guest,

I hope you are well. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, your feedback is very important to us.

We are sorry for not meeting your expectations, although we never want to know that one of our guest had a bad experience, comments such as yours allows us to take an honest look at our operations and make necessary improvements. Also we would like you to know that the odd smell came from the outside, the principal drain of the city, it didn't comes from the inside of the hotel and the whirpool is under reparation.

We will be very please if you allow us to serve you once again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My sister and I have just come back from staying at the Coral Princess Resort after spending a week there and we had a great time! The rooms are lovely and clean, the staff will do anything to help and the beach and sea are right at the back of the hotel. I have to give a special mention to Pedro, who helped us organise our trips (para-sailing/ lobster pirate cruise/ island jeep tour) and Elesio and Lorenzo in the restaurant, who always had a smile for us at breakfast time.

The hotel is only 5 mins away from the ferry by taxi but it is very easy to walk into town by coming out of the hotel, turning right and just following the road.
we stayed on a B&B basis which worked for us as we wanted to explore the town and visit different restaurants. It was fine for a week but I feel we would have become bored with the menu which did not deviate much unless you paid for extra if we had stayed longer than we had.

Apart from this, I cannot really fault the place, it was great for snorkelling and diving (right at the back of the hotel by the beach), relaxing and generally having a great time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorna M

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Cora Princess, and I'll tell Pedro that he is doing an excellent job at Guest Service.

Once again, I appreciate your comment, I look forwardo to seeing you soon on this beautiful island and at our Resort.

Have a great day!