“Worth a return trip”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We enjoyed the Coral Princess when we visited Cozumel in the past and did not hesitate to book our room for this trip there again. Our ocean-view room was clean, comfortable and had a stunning view, of course. The (included) breakfast was good, and the wifi signal (available only in the lobby before) was strong in our room. The hotel was quiet, and the service, truly excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katytudi
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear guest,

Warm regards from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am glad that you have enjoyed your vacations with us.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

José Antonio Rico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Few of us girls visited at the end of May 2014. The hotel was just in right spot as it wasn't right in the center and wasn't too far from the downtown. The cab to/from downtown was 20 pesos for person each way. There were not many visitors at the time which could have been the reason the pool bar was closed the entire time we were there. Poll was nice and so was the beach and the access to the ocean where many snorkeled. All the guys working within the restaurant kept coming to us and asking if we want to order any drinks which for some is great, but for some of us it gets little annoying to have people constantly asking. I suppose there were very few visitors and that might be why. They did have happy hour I believe after 5pm, so wait till then to order. It is very touristy area, so nothing was truly cheap, especially not the drinks (American prices).
The 2 bedroom suite was nice even though we didn’t spend much time there. Basically we slept there, cleaned up, but then spent most of the time outside. Cleaning service was great and we made sure we left money for them every day, so we get good service. The bathroom looked slightly outdated and in need of repairs (paint job, new tub, flushed drain). The kitchen was enough for what we needed and included cups, mugs, plates, etc.
The restaurant within the hotel had good selection and surprisingly OK prices. We ate there few times and every time the food was good. The included breakfast was OK even though I would recommend little more variety as the food was the same every day. Coffee was not very good. We actually bought some coffee at the supermarket and brewed some in the hotel room. That said – at the checkout the hotel was going to charge us for “coffee” which in the en d was removed from our bill. No idea where that came from as we bought our own …
I would recommend the service that offers the tours to see ruins, etc. Few of us took the Cobe/Tulum ruins trip and it was awesome!
The one complain I do have is the car rental service in the lobby. We wanted to rent a bigger car for one day. The day of the rental it became apparent that the service in the lobby is not the rental company itself, but just a middle man. The gentleman who came with the contract didn’t speak any English, did not want to check the car for scratches, dents or anything broken, appareled to be very impatient and demanded us to pay on the spot with cash only even though the hotel service told us we can use credit card. At one point he wanted to take off and just simply cancel on us. At that point I decided that if I do want to take the day around the island trip I just need to risk it and pay … I declined additional insurance, drove carefully all day and in the end it all worked out.
I would recommend for people to carry both currencies (dollars and pesos) and just pay with what comes up better. Do not get money exchanged at the airport! They have a bad rate. Even this hotel had better rate. Or just use ATM, but be careful as some charge outrages fees. So, always check.
We used Mega store to buy alcohol and some basic snacks. The store is located downtown, so you will need a cab especially on the way back if you have purchased bunch of stuff.

Room Tip: Our 2 bedroom suite had one smaller bedroom with ocean view and one larger bedroom with the view int...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KoteMinneapolis
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us, also, I really appreciate your feedback, it is important to us to improve our service. Overall I am glad you spent a wonderful vacation at our Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon, and thank you for your cooperation regarding to the car rental

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you want a beautiful view, nice pool, clean rooms and friendly service, this is a dream come true.
A smaller quiet resort with a nice full service resturant . After a busy day of shopping and beach hopping on the island, it is always wonderful to come "home" at the end of the day to a cool clean room.
Or spend the day snorkeling right in front of the hotel. There is also a friendly knowledgeable dive shop right on site. The spa has excellent massage service right on the beach.
We always enjoy the special meals, BBQ and buffets offered during the busy season. On the other hand it is also nice to have a quiet time with family during the less busy times.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for ocean view....it is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Larry,

Greetings from Cozumel Paradise!! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, as well as recommending us. I am very glad you have enjoyed your vacations with us, and I appreciate your consider Coral Princess as your home. It is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view and the staff is amazing!.

I hope to see you soon on Coral Princess, your home away from home!

Kind Regards,
José Antonio Rico Cacillas.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was MOST impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. We stayed on the Owners' side of the Coral Princess, in the Penthouse and adjoining Jungle room, and were surprised at how fastidious the maid service was. We were there for 7 days, and each & every day, the rooms were scrubbed clean, accompanied by new bedding and towels daily. The girls on the cleaning crew were perfectionists and need to be recognized for such!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Connie_CT

Dear Connie,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you spent a wonderful vacation at our Resort. Also I appreciate your good comment about our maids, they are really perfectionist as you said, they'll feel so happy when they read this comment.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We are time share owners too. We were there last February. Just because the pool bar was closed didn't mean that the waiters didn't deliver your drinks to you while you were swimming in the pool! The waiters are AMAZING and bend over backwards to accommodate the wishes and desires of every member and guest - if you want to drink in the pool - great! Here's your drink! If you want to eat while in the pool, Great! here's your food. And the jacuzzi being closed is no biggie - it was never all that and a bag of chips anyway. Maybe when they finally get their approvals from Mexico City, they'll remodel it.The hotel is still the best on the island for location - the reefs right off shore are spectacular for snorkeling and diving. I've traveled a lot and lived out of the US - and I can tell you if you expect Mexico to be like the US you will be disappointed. Mexico's red tape is miles long and seriously takes a long long time to get things approved and done - so... you're on vacation right? Relax.

Room Tip: I always stay in the jungle view rooms - just in there to sleep... the rest of my time I want to be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear member,

Please receive a warm regards from Coral Princess. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and for explain the situation about the pool bars, I really appreciate your positive comment about this issue, it really makes us feel happy. As you know we are just waiting the final response of Mexico city and the pool bars will be open again.

I hope to see you very soon on Coral Princess to enjoy the beautiful view of Cozumel Island.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful week with family overlooking ocean in our rooms at Coral Princess. Quiet, relaxing time. Love being able to get right in ocean via ladder from front area of hotel.. Very soothing to go to sleep, lulled by the waves out front.

Room Tip: rent larger room with kitchen. It helps keep costs down and is relaxing to eat watching over ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alicalif

Dear guest,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us, I am very glad you have enjoyed your vacations with us.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Once again, we have enjoyed a peaceful, beautiful week at the Coral Princess. The weather was perfect, the service was, as always, exceptional, and a good time was had by all of our party. A special thank you to, really, all the members of the staff who made sure our visit was everything it should be. Pedro, Jaime, and Alex helped us manage our day trips, car rentals, etc. The server staff....Leandro, Juan, Edgar, Himi, and all of the others whose name I sadly can't think of at the moment, were always there for us with a smile and a bucket of cervezas as needed! The restaurant was very good, and we enjoyed the new captain, William, (aka Los Pelon Diablo), who was very personable and a great addition to the staff,

If you are looking for a wild party location, the Coral Princess is not for you. If you are looking for a for nice, clean, and wonderful venue, then definately consider the CP. We are already trying to figure out when we can return for another visit "home". Thanks again!

Room Tip: Ocean view room is a must!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1skinluvver

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I hope to see you soon on this beautiful Resort, now your home!