If you're looking for ritzy hotel, this isn't it. Mid march, ocean was cold, pool was colder, low 80s but very windy. We like to venture, most likely wouldn't stay at this hotel again. Giving it a 3 star because its very outdated. Beach and pool areas were being used by locals during our stay, but it didn't bother us any.
1 Very outdated
2 Beach area very steep, tough current, not safe for my 2 year old (but there is another beach area walking distance from hotel that we used, although staff service didnt walk over to the area to take drink or snack orders)
3 Rainy day, power was out for few hours, unable to shower after we came in from outdoors
4 NO pm entertainment if youre looking for it, we were fine without it.
5 No iron or ironing board in rooms, Ours was picked up after one day of requesting.
6. Beds not greatest, one of two of our beds was bit stiff.
7. Bathroom wall plug wasnt working, we didnt ask for it to be fixed, but when I tried connecting the iron, i could hear sparks and some current trying to pass, bit scary actually.
8. Too many bugs(mosquitos, spiders, other flying insects) in room.
9. No fridge for toddlers milk, we just kept requesting ice from bar to keep milk cold in ice holder
10 Restaurant across street is over priced, wealthy locals eat there as well. Low key environment, you could wear shorts n sandals. Locals dress in heels and show up in bmws.
1 Away from the city
2 Small, very quaint, quiet, definitely not hotel for spring breakers, which we loved.
3 Beach pool access was very simple, within 1-2 minutes.
4 Breakfast buffet was typical mexican dishes, nothing fancy, but edible. Omelettes and pancakes were avail fresh if desired.
5. We rented car, parking was fantastic and easy.
6. Check in/out was a breeze.
7. No card for room access, two keys with string provided.
8 Staff service was fantastic, although I felt on day one that preference was given to Anglo American visitors
9 At check in, we were loaned beach toys for our entire stay
10 Adult Pool was quite rough, could be resurfaced, but it had a built in kids pool inside adult pool for children, about 1- 1 1/2 ft deep, definitely a plus if you have small children.
11. Hotel has elevators if you need them.
12 Hotel lunch dinner menu is ok, its edible. We ate out almost daily, except for brkst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Azul Golf Scuba Spa is an oceanfront, small, charming and family run hotel distinguished by its personal service from the staff and owners. A truly home-away-from-home resort for those who prefer to be close to the ocean but not far from their room. For those who like to enjoy a wonderful gastronomic experience and friendly atmosphere. Playa Azul is a Golf and Breakfast hotel but if you prefer the All Inclusive vacation our resort offers the best menu (a la carte) both for food and beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Playa Azul Golf, Scuba, Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Azul Golf, Scuba Hotel Cozumel
- Playa Azul Hotel Scuba
- Playa Azul Resort Scuba
- Playa Azul Cozumel