“Just ok not bad and not good”
Review of Suites Bahia

Suites Bahia
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I come down to Cozumel about every 2 months for diving and have been staying around place to place seeing what all is out there. This was my first time at Suites Bahia, wouldn't be my last I would give it another shot but I definitely would not want an interior room again. The room was clean and well maintained, the very horrible and there was no place to hang up diving gear which is a must for anyone diving. I did notice that it took at least 15 min for the hot water to heat up or come on. I did ask for a room upgrade when I saw my view and no place to hang my gear, they did try and find something for me but said I could only have it for 2 days and then would need to move again which I didn't want to hassle with so I stayed in the room I got. The place is located centrally to everything only about 2-3 blocks from the ferry station, and same distance to the market. They did have a full size fridge in the room which is great to save you some money on food and beverages. Staying here you also get the free breakfast buffet at the Casa Mexicana which is the place I normally stay at and its a very good breakfast before heading out diving for the day. Also very close to the Caleta to catch your dive boat out in the morning or afternoon. I did see in a couple of the other reviews the beds are extremely hard which did make it a little difficult to sleep and he AC did not work very well in room 31. All in all though I would def give this place another shot but would def upgrade to a ocean view room if possible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Seasterberg

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Located in front of the ocean, close to everything in dowtown, Suites Bahia are a good option. Rooms are clean, staff is very helpful and with a buffet breakfast included the price is really good. Interior rooms have a little problem besides the lack of a good view and that is the windows to the hall that give the room a bit too much light at night, there are no drapes or other way to block the light at night so it could be uncomfortable. The fridge and microwave oven are a plus but there's no much space for luggage so travel light. The AC is a bit too noisy but as I said this is a place worth coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in exterior rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Large comfortable room. I had a balcony room. Only drawback is that there is a bar right outside that has (bad) live music on weekdays. It is very loud and goes till a bout midnight. Other than that my stay was perfect for diving. The breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana was the best breakfast buffet I've had that was included in a room stay. Its just a short 1.5 block walk to the other property for breakfast. They arranged a bicycle for me to rent, which was cool, they even brought the bike right to the lobby for me at no extra charge and it was a nice mountain bike and cheaper than other places I checked in town. I used it to bike to the southern beaches for some great snorkeling.

Room Tip: balcony rooms are HUGE, south side has a very loud night time bar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AKfish40
Reviewed 30 March 2014

What a great find ! Recommended by a friend , checked the reviews on here and discovered a real gem . Sure the beds are firm but for me that was a plus. It was clean , no bugs of any kind and friendly , helpful staff ! We had a great stay . Location is the key to staying here . Normally we go to an all-inclusive but this time we wanted to be able to choose when and where we had our meals.
We had a blast and ate well . Cozumel being very much a part of the twenty first century is not a cheep place to idle away a vacation . Depending on what your used to , many could be caught off guard if budgets were set to a low amount. It is hard to believe that back home we fail so badly at what Cozumel dose so well and I'm not talking about the sunshine !
A big shout goes out to my friend Abraham , the resident musician at the Blue Angel restaurant.
Eva , from Canada , Vancouver to be precise , is the owner of the Blue Angel and has got the recipe just right . The food was awesome too !
The , Burger House , an education on how simple can be the best ever , is well worth a visit . A short walk from the SB you go out the door turn left , go to the first Xroads , turn right and it is about half-way along the block on the left . Check on the hours of opening to avoid disappointment .
The , Coffee Shop , "El Cozumel" , just across the street slightly to ones left , again , as you go out the door from SB , is as good or better coffee than any place back home ! Not cheep if your normal coffee comes from Tim's or MickyD's . I think I had just about every choice on the board .

The sad bit that can not go with out a mention are the store's along the main street where the staff push the hard sell , where every one has a "free gift" for you , as they try to capture the "cruse ship" trade ! Running the gauntlet to breakfast each morning became quit a trial. The bonus that came from this was that we would tend to lounge in the comfy chairs at "Casa Mexicana" after having breakfast and just chill until braving the trek back up the road and coffee at the coffee shop .
We enjoyed our trip but will be sticking to direct flight destinations from here on in .

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side , with balcony are very adequate and provide a view of both the water and th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertOttawaOn
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is an excellent place. Clean, big rooms, friendly staff, wifi, free internet downstairs, it is really nice near to the town and restaurants. It is down town not in a remote area. The breakfast is around the corner in the hotel Bahia. Excellent breakfast with friendly staff.It is near the dive centres too so great for being near dive centres. Big rooms, with TV, little kitchen, big bathrooms. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jonssey
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Suites Bahia is a great deal! $60/night for a room with 2 big beds, kitchen, a HOT shower and a tv?! And the rate includes wifi (that really works) AND breakfast at Casa Mexicana?!? You can't beat that deal. The facility is older, but very clean. All staff was exceedingly friendly.

There is no pool or beach here, but for access to town this hotel is great. You can use the pool at Casa Mexicana too. Pretty much any dive operator will pick you up at the dock two blocks down the main drag. Also - there's a really good little coffee shop directly across from the hotel's front entrance.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blauvs
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice place with big balconies to watch the sun to set, beautiful. Friendly staff, great location. Breakfast was 200m away on another hotel. Overweighted people from Usa can take taxi :) because it's most likely too far for them. Breakfast buffee, gives you everything you need to go throught the day of diving. Good prices too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo