All reviews hot tub ceviche scuba du day pass infinity pool ocean view small hotel no elevator fourth floor loved this hotel every morning sandy area fish rooms are nice sea life restaurant staff playa del carmen
Reviewed 17 May 2012

my wife and i stayed at hotel b on vacation at the end of april.

this hotel is charming, its location on the ocean is ideal...
clear water fpr snorkelling..

excellent music, most rooms with seaview and very good food!

apart from the infrastructure, what makes this place abover the norm is the staff, who genuinely attempt to offer the guest a qualtiy experience, not pretenous who make effort each day to create an ambiance at the hotel which is most special..

of the three hotels we stayed at during our vacation on cozumel , Hotel B is unique and we hope to return.

Room Tip: top floor has create views .. of early morning to sunset
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toruga
Suamy R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel B Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear toruga

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have spent a lot of time on the island over the years and have visited most of the hotels there at some point or another...the huge resorts as well as the smaller hotels. Hotel B is one of the very best. Beautiful location, close enough for just a quick taxi into town (you could even walk it), but when you're relaxing by the pool or on their beach it seems that you're miles away from anywhere. All aspects of this place were lovely, and I think I've found my go-to hotel on Cozumel island for the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coztraveler33

Dear coztraveler33

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We've vacationed in Cozumel several times staying at a variety of venues. This year we choose Hotel B and had an excellent experience. All things considered, ie location, facilities and amenities we couldn't have been happier. Our stay lasted 2 weeks and we became friends with several of the staff and found everyone friendly and helpful. Hotel B isn't a 5 star resort but easily a solid 3 plus. Our room was on the 2nd floor with an ocean view and terrace. Not fancy but clean, comfortable and more than adequate. We appreciated the smaller size and didn't miss any of the glitz found at some of the larger resorts. The included American breakfast was more than enough although we would have liked more variety. The food serverice was very good and they always tried to accomodate our requests and after a few days even remembered our choices and brought our special iced cappachinos with out us having to ask. If we choose to return again to Cozumel we will difinitely stay at Hotel B.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank repplett

Dear repplett

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I spend 2 months in Cozumel every winter. This year I discovered Lisa's excellent yoga class by the ocean at Hotel B. I just loved starting my day with this inspiring class and as time went on I began going every day. When my sister decided to come for a visit I knew that this was where she should stay. She loved the hotel and plans to return next year. I often joined my sister for breakfast overlooking the water and enjoyed Hotel B ammenities often as my condo was very closeby. I am home now and miss Cozumel and Lisa's wonderful class.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda B

Dear beardmoregirl

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel B is a little gem in paradise. It is located just outside of San Miguel on the northern hotel zone, walking distance to town, but situated in a more tranquil area. The hotel offers bicycles to guests and there is a fantastic cycle path that goes straight to town and further up north, so it is great fun to cycle around a little.

The hotel was completely refurbished some months ago and has so much attention to detail has been put into the decor and the ambience of the hotel. It is what I would call a small, boutique-type hotel, where you get to feel special, because they focus on their guests and the experience you have. The hotel faces the most amazing turquoise blue caribbean sea, where you can enjoy snorkeling or diving. They have a lovely pool and a fab jacuzzi out on the rocks.....amazing for taking in the sunsets....and very comfy double sun-lounger beds that make for very relaxed and intimate sun-worshipping for couples.

The staff try very hard to make your stay the best, and they are all friendly. Arturo always went out of his way to look after us! Beatriz, who runs the hotel, interacts with her guests and loves to hear feedback about how her team are doing.

We got to watch great live music out on the deck as the sun set, and then they have super yoga classes on the deck every morning.

The food in the restaurant was extremely good, although my one criticism is that service can sometimes be a little slow....but hey it is such a great place to chill that you don't really mind! Their ceviches are great and I loved their sweet & sour and Mediterranean salads.

We didn't use the hotel spa as it did seem a little on the expensive side, although it appeared there prices were pretty much on par for Cozumel.

If you are looking for somewhere laid-back, in a beautiful setting, then Hotel B is definitely worth checking out.

Room Tip: Definitely go for an ocean-front room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple