“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Houston, Texas
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hotel B is a very nice very new hotel located on the north side of San Miguel. The service and staff are very helpful and extremely friendly. The view is absolutely outstanding. For scuba divers this is a terrific location because Scuba Du has a shop on site and the dive boats pull right up to the dock every morning. If the dive boat is scheduled before you have had time to enjoy breakfast the staff will pack a meal to take with you on the boat. Christian at the front desk is very helpful and will make reservation for any of the excellent restaurants in town. This is an excellent place and we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe suite
2 Thank LMac522

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just spent a marvelous six days in Cozumel with Hotel B as my "home." I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel! It's impeccably kept, the size is perfect, service is wonderful, and accommodations are ideal.

I loved the variety of settings in which to enjoy the sun and sea: the pool, the sandy area, the hammocks on the patio, the lagoon, and my own balcony. I chose a different location every day!

The restaurant is incredible! I love food and was not disappointed with a single meal :-) And prices were quite reasonable.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I was traveling solo and they always made me feel welcome and a part of the "family!" Christian and Wilbreth were exceptionally wonderful.

As a bonus, ScubaDu maintains a dive shop at the hotel. They were great for scuba instruction and excursions!

When I return to Cozumel (soon!), you can be sure I will be staying at Hotel B!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Barbara L
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at Hotel B. Its a beautiful place - the ocean is almost surreal in its blue-ness. We loved the rooms, the pool, great snorkeling, delicious restaurant. Every member of the staff that we met was helpful, nice and professional. Its super easy to get to from the airport. It had everything we wanted for a 10th anniversary vacation. Can't wait to go back! Thanks Hotel B!

Room Tip: It seems that all of the rooms have a stunningly beautiful view.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Enjoyed snorkling ,,room view ...had reaxing well done massage ..helped give extra service that makes a stay special ,,,Christian .Emilano did show waht VIP means ,,,,,unfortunately wifi sub par not enough routers for supply ...So if you want unplugged get away this will be the one ,,Remember Just Be ..

Room Tip: Take the view the sunsets are gorgeous be all you can be
1 Thank RonHockey
London
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was mine & my husband’s 1st holiday in 2 years so we wanted a holiday that we could do as little or as much as we wanted in glorious weather.
We chose Hotel B as neither of us are fans of big, impersonal hotels & resorts & the pictures looked perfect.

We were not disappointed.

We travelled from London & it took us nearly 20 hours (2 hours to get out of Cancun airport!!!!) so by the time we reached Hotel B it was close to 23:30 & we were very tired. Check in was done swiftly & with a friendly smile. They offered to make us some dinner even though kitchen & restaurant was closed & get us some drinks which we thought was a lovely touch even though we declined just needing sleep. The room (Deluxe Ocean view king) on 4th floor was lovely. We found the bed really comfortable & the room was laid out excellently- the only negative & it’s a silly one but I would have like the cold water in the shower to be slightly more chilled, you sometimes need it after an exhausting day sunbathing , also a fridge would have been nice but then you wouldn’t have to pay hotel prices for a cold beer! Air con, bathroom, hanging space, balcony were all fab, clean & everything we needed.

The food in the restaurant was good, some meals were better than others but overall not bad. We had breakfast included which was fine, although the hotcakes (pancakes were excellent as was the vanilla maple syrup!!). We ate in town most nights taxi was 60 peso & took about 3- 4 minutes & there was always one waiting outside for guests. Price of food & drinks slightly over priced but then being on holiday you don’t mind really.

We used Scuba Du who are onsite & they were fantastic. Anyone considering trying diving DO IT! We had Sandy who helped us & she was incredible- very comforting & really excellent in spotting sea life!
We also went fishing & due to the early start on both fishing & diving the hotel provided a pack lunch free of charge which was great as well. They also cooked the fish that we caught for us that evening which was a really lovely of them.

Everyone was very helpful although some cheerier than others at times. However I also would have been grumpy if I had to serve the hordes of young (but old enough to know better) rude & completely self-centred Israeli day trippers for some reason they let in every day. We managed our first day by the pool & then after that we went to the beach area as we were basically pushed out from the pool area by the groups of girls (18- 25ish) who spent the entire day taking selfies & posing. To be fair me & my husband found it hilarious by the end of the holiday due to the weirdness of it all & I can only echo what others have said but I genuinely don’t appreciate being overlooked as a paying resident for 17 days in favour of making sure they all had enough drinks etc. This is why I am only giving it a score of 4.

Hotel B. Get rid of the day trippers or at the least limit them & don’t let them speak to your staff like that & don’t let them take priority over your hotel guests. Also putting “reserved” signs for said groups on nearly 50% of the sunbeds is NOT on. Also get rid of your Thursday night jazz band or at least the trumpet player they do you no favours but that is just our opinion.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, we really did have a great stay it just could have been perfect for that 1 thing. Thank you again to Cristian & the front of house team who were so accommodating & offered to move us to a lower floor after my husband hurt his foot. You made it a great stay.

Room Tip: We got a great deal by shopping around & would def recommend the Deluxe ocean view rooms.
1 Thank emmaleena
colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great little place north of town. The hotel is on the smaller side- which we like, but clean and very nicely decorated. After diving everyday we went out to the pool and were well taken care of by the staff which was excellent. The restaurant was also very good. The pool is nicely situated and while it isn't huge it is sufficient for the number of rooms in the hotel.
The only concerns we had were that they seemed to sell day use passes to people not staying on the property to use the pool area. We were not there during the main part of the day but were told it was a tad crowded at times. We did find a few people still around a couple of the days we were there and they were a little loud and it was hard to find a pool chair one of the days because of these added guests. Also, breakfast is included but the included breakfast is somewhat limited. It would be nice if there was a little more variety to that.

1 Thank JPR36
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I debated over 4 or 5 stars, then decided Hotel B deserves 5 stars in its category. In Cozumel, I usually stay at El Presidente, which is hard to beat, but it's a totally different ($$!) experience. Hotel B is a relatively small hotel with just 4 floors; nearly every room has a fantastic ocean view. Me and my kids (teenage boy and girl) booked a "suite" (actually just a large room with a king-sized bed, a daybed, and a small bar with stools) on the 4th floor. We also booked the adjoining room (queen bed and bathroom), where my son slept. The suite was pretty; the adjoining room was not as nice, but perfectly adequate for my son. Hotel B's staff members, led by gracious manager Christian, were welcoming, polite and helpful. Very clean and really pretty property, and we always felt safe and well taken care of. We ate many meals at the casual restaurant located poolside (can't beat the view!), and the food was generally very good, though service was a bit lacking when the restaurant was busy. Gorgeous cabana and pool areas, and a jacuzzi at ocean's edge. As I'm sure you've read in other Hotel B reviews, there is no beachfront entry into the ocean. And once you're in the ocean in front of the hotel, you're immediately in 20 feet+ water. There is a small snorkeling area, but it's a very tight spot with many sea urchins and a fair amount of current; not suitable for small kids or more than a couple of experienced snorkelers at a time. We booked some diving through the on-site dive operator, Scuba Du (which is also the operator at El Presidente). Here's where I can best advise Cozumel travelers: if you're a daily diver, this is probably not the best location for you. Because Hotel B is north of town, and most of the dive sites are south of town, you're in for earlier wakeup times and much longer boat rides to your dive destinations than if you stay in the south hotel zone. If that doesn't bother you, I say go for it. Hotel B Cozumel is really a gem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family