“Nice place to chill out”

Amigos Hostel Cozumel
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very nice hostel, the pool,gardens,kitchen and tv/sitting areas are really nice. The rooms are very clean and the airconditioning works well, although maybe 9pm to 9am operating time would suit a little more for different people's sleeping times. Everything is very organised and the kitchen is well equipped. Kathy is very helpful with information of the island. Only thing is I called to make a booking and was told to just book through hostelworld because it was easier...and 10% more exspencive! As I was already on the phone with them it would seem it would be easier for them to just write something in a book. I just showed up however and it was fine. I would recommend this hostel and will return if ever in Cozumel again. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Amigos Hostel Cozumel

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I liked Amigos Hostel so much that I stayed for 4 nights instead of my scheduled 2 nights. The hostel is a good 20 min from the Ferry pier so be prepared if you fore go the taxi with luggage. Amigos has a beautiful courtyard and pool, complete with loungers and hammocks. The showers are large and bathrooms are kept clean. I loved the spacious kitchen/social area under the straw roof. The A/C can get a little cold at night but it was welcomed after the heat and humidity of the day. Kathy (owner) is an excellent resource for finding different services on the island. She also rents snorkel gear and has a map of places accessible from shore. I can't recommend Amigos enough! Hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Amigos. Kathy, the owner, was incredibly helpful with any questions that I had and gave me suggestions of activities and just helpful information about what was available on the island as soon as I arrived. The rooms were always clean, there are soap dispensers in the bathroom, the pool and deck chairs and hammocks were wonderful to have considering it was so cheap to stay there. The kitchen and social areas were wonderful. I don't have a bad thing to stay about this hostel and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Cozumel to spend 2 days relaxing and snorkelling. Kathy was great - she gave us a briefing of the island and everything we needed to know to get the most out of our stay. The facilities were good - we used the kitchen every evening, which was well stocked with utensils etc. The dorm room came with your own huge locker (lock already included) and the bathroom was immaculately clean. She organised a car rental service to collect us and take us to their office, which made life a lot easier. My only criticism was that it got a bit too cold with the AC on at night - I was in the top bunk directly under the AC unit and despite 3 blankets I still had to sleep on the floor to get some sleep! I moved to a different bed the next night and slept really well, though! So everything was top notch - just avoid the bed under the AC.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed there 6 nights, the place is great. Kathy was so helpful with all the activities I could think of. Located quiet area and other guests were nice people too. Definedly gonna stay there if I ever go vack to Cozumel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is where I went to after my time in the other hostel, and I had a great time here and made some amazing amigos. Mucho gracias por todo to everyone I met there. Very affordable and thouroughly enjoyable

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Had a great time staying with Amigos. We were able to plan everything with them before we got there. Kathy gave us some very detailed information on the city and what to do/where to do it. The rooms themselves were very well kept with AC at nights during the summer. Pool was great. Big kitchen. Plenty of hammocks. Also fruit trees around so if they are ripe, you can eat well!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends