“First trip to Cozumel”

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Houston, Texas
“First trip to Cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was my first trip to Cozumel and my stay at the Blue Angel was excellent. The location is perfect, right on the water and a few minutes to town by taxi. The nice part regarding the location is that there isn't much in the way of tourist shops/restaurants in the immediate walking area, so even when the 2-3 daily cruise ships arrive in Cozumel you really don't notice. The staff members on location were all excellent, very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was surprisingly good, I only ended up eating in town a handful of times. The rooms were pretty basic, but comfortable with a great view and definitely fit for purpose (concrete floors) if you are there for diving. The diving was great, plenty of different dive spots to try out during the two tank boat dives. I ended up doing 15 dives in 8 days with a few of the different dive masters (all excellent- friendly, professional and very familiar with the dive sites). I enjoyed all of the dives sites, but Palancar Caves and Palancar Gardens were probably my two favorites. Night diving directly behind the resort wasn't something I would have normally done if I hadn't taken the PADI advanced open water course, but I'm really glad I did because a variety of marine life normally hiding during the day seems to come out at night (octopuses, eels, rays, etc). Overall it was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
Troy, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We just finished our second stay at the Blue Angel earlier this month. Again, we had a wonderful trip. The rooms are always clean and good repair. They are not fancy but comfortable and spacious. All rooms are ocean front. The dive operation is professional and safe. We felt blessed to dive with Jorge all week. The restaurant's food is always fresh and fast. To me though what really makes the Blue Angel stand out is the staff. Every person from the owner on down are friendly and always willing to go that extra mile with a smile no less. That kind of service on top of an already great dive operation is truly why we went back a 2nd time and will return again and again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MBiddi
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I would like to make a few comments on my recent stay at the Blue Angel Resort in Cozumel. This was our second stay there in a year. When we decided on our second vacation, choosing the Blue Angel was a no brainer. The food continues to be really good with a diverse selection; the rooms are clean and comfortable and good for the value. The convenience to the dive shop and restaurant can't be beaten. We have dove with just about all of dive masters and I have had nothing but good experiences. cites. What I like best about the Blue Angel is the friendliness of the staff and the diversity of the people that stay there. The staff I found are always willing to assist you with issues that tend to pop up that you may not have any control over. The diversity of the people that stay there great. I met and dove with couples from Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Europe, Canada and the U.S.A. Most people I spoke to said they just keep coming back to the Blue Angel over and over again. Coming back for the second time myself, I understand why. There can't be many diving resorts out there as nice as the Blue Angel. My wife and I are making plans for our third trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Not being a diver, I wasn't sure what to expect from this resort but booked due to positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't steered in the wrong direction that's for sure!
Each room has a wonderful ocean view, the rooms are clean with good amenities. And the staff- friendly, helpful and always great service with a smile. The location is a little bit from town but if you, like me, need to walk off the holiday calories you can be in town in 15 minutes easily. Eva's note by the bed with helpful hints for your stay in Cozumel was really useful. The breakfast is great (and included in the room rate)- and trust me, try the mango margaritas-they're to die for. Thanks to all at Blue Angel for a relaxing and great value stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We are eco-friendly persons but we have had many very bad experiences staying in horrible hotels in world famous ecological cities... Example, Too much parties and noise at night, and too many beer cans and garbage when we woke up in front of our room. We are traumatic for this kind of memory happened before and didnt want to have the same experience any more.
We were kind of worried before arrive here, but things are very different! We noticed that both Hotel staff and guest are dive and nature lovers and concious for environment...!! (In the restaurant menu, there is no conch ceviche cause its in danger of extinction..I am so glad!!)
The room is very clean, out side of the room, there are full of lovely decorations of local plants.
Most people who stayed is divers from all over the world. We had a snorkel boat from the hotel and the experienced guide took us a beautiful ocean to see sea turtles and mantas. It was really unforgettable experience for us. I understand why guest is coming back later.

1 Thank kanchandayo
Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We returned to Blue Angel to take advantage of their fall promotion. I was VERY disappointed with our room assignment. I had requested top North and received bottom south. The resort was full so it was what it was. The AC units are new and work great. Food was great as was the service as always. Dive operation was good, but several of the regular guides were on vacation so we had a few fill ins. I forgot our passports in our safe and didn't realize it until we were in Playa the day we left. Andrea was great going out of here way to help us. We'll be back again in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view, but the upper floors on the north side are preferable. The rooms on...