“Always excellent!”
Review of Blue Angel Resort

Blue Angel Resort
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent a long weekend staying at and diving with Blue Angel. All the rooms face the ocean and are very clean. The food is excellent. Live music at night. Another great trip! Thank you to Eva and all the staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Blue Angel Resort

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Blue Angel Resort is conveniently located close to downtown (we practiced walking or cycling, though taxi costs 7 US dollars one way), yet away from it's hustle. The hotel has compact well organized territory, which includes the main building just a few steps from the sea, dive center and the restaurant. It also has refreshing pool with hammocks near it. All rooms are facing the sea and we enjoyed our view every morning or evening! It's amazing. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful, always smiling and quickly assisting on any matter you might have. There was also very funny small dog at the reception sometimes, who added positive mood by its presence. Food and service at the restaurant was excellent both in the mornings and at dinner time. Live music in the evenings was also nice. My husband used his dive package during the week of our stay and can recommend it, as dive masters and instructors were very qualified and professional. He also liked the opportunity to choose location of each dive based on the current group decision, as it was the dive center policy. Though it was quite popular dive spot during our stay and administrative staff was too busy sometimes to assist quickly. In general it was extremely pleasant stay and we're grateful to all the Blue Angel Resort personnel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor provide excellent views.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I heard about Blue Angel from friends and had to check it out. Loved it. Beautiful resort. Great food. So clean. FUN ! Super friendly staff ;) I had never been diving before and was a little nervous. The instructors were amazing and I felt very comfortable and did awesome .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aimdawg
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I decided to come to the blue Angel based on the recommendation of a diver friend who brings a group from Ft. Meyers to the resort in May. I have never been to Cozumel, but from my first interation with Witt, and getting my reservation set up, it turned out to be one of the best vacations I have ever taken. My dives and rental gear were all arranged and ready for me. My son completed his open water checkout dives with Andres, and that was a wonderful experience. We were able to watch the Mexico v. Croatia world cup game with the guests and staff on the lobby TV, and that was such a fun time!

Our room was dead center on the top floor with a spectacular view of the water. Yes, the stairs were there, but, oh, the view! Lydia was very helpful at the desk, and even let us use some eyedrops when my son needed them. The staff was so wonderful, caring and friendly. I must say the same of the guests we met last week, too. We met so many wonderful people, from around the world.

Our room was a little musty when we first got in there (seemed like it had been closed up for a whle), but once our room was cleaned, it smelled fresh and clean the rest of the week. There is a rack on the balcony for drying swimwear and towels. The hotel will loan you towels, too, so no need to bring beach towels. The pool was very clean, and a nice place to relax after diving. We spent a lot of time there chatting, and enjoying a beverage in the early evening.

The Wifi was good in our room, and we never noticed the tv until the night before we left!

I truly enjoyed my stay, and I am in the process of booking another week for next January. It was an unforgettable week in a unique intimate place! I am looking forward to returning, diving, eating, chatting, and playing with Eva's puppy Laoo....

Room Tip: 4th floor has the best views, but no elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just got back from our second trip to the Blue Angel. Everything that you've already read about it is true...great location, awesome restaurant, happy hour, and sunsets, fantastic dive shop, dive masters, convenience of the dock and multiple trips per day (8a, 11a, 1p, and 2 days for night dives), but the thing that really makes Blue Angel special are the remarkable people that work there. Each and every one of them will make you feel like family. I could spend the rest of my review naming everyone, but want to give a Special Thanks to Izzy and Rene in the restaurant, divemasters Juan Pablo, Andre and Jose, Landy who took such good care of our room, and of course Laloo the puppy, who licked away my tears on the day that we had to leave. See you all next year!

Room Tip: All have fantastic views of the ocean, its really just up to your personal preference, and whether y...
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was a well run organization. Dive masters knew the terrain and was able to show is some great stuff. Group size per dive Mayer a little larger than I prefer. Overall, would definitely do again.

The one thing that was odd, was they were having engine trouble on one of the boats however they still took that boat out instead of using another boat.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great hotel, small, simple, great location, friendly staff. This was my 4th stay here, feels like coming home. AC work great, swimming pool clean, staff all very friendly. Restaurant very good, great dive shop