“Kinta - The Hits Just Keep on Coming!”

Kinta Mexican Bistro
Ranked #22 of 411 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2011

You just can't go wrong with Kinta. An evening in the garden at Kinta is more than dinner, it is an experience. Every dish, besides being good, is art. Its presentation and composition are as good as the taste. Everyone can feel like the upper crust, without breaking the bank. Prices continue to be very reasonable, much lower than one would expect for an experience like Kinta. Can't wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The food, atmosphere, and staff at this gem are awesome. After our first visit in 2008, we made sure we made it back again on that trip. Since then, we have visited the Yucatan several times with our young children as the area and the especially the people of Cozumel are so friendly and there is so much for us all to do and experience. Each time La Kinta is a must on all of our agendas. My daughter requested Kinta for her 9th birthday dinner in 2010 and needless to say she had a great B-day dinner. (Thanks for the special attention) No need to go through the menu as it is online and all on it are great. On my last visit, I asked if we could bring, and have prepared, our own fish that we caught from the Cozumel fishing tournament that day as a favor. Of course our request was accomodated and Kris did his usual, (like handing Michael Jordan a different basketball); Slam Dunk! After dinner, I commented on the fact that the fish tasted as fresh as it always does.

My apologies Kris for not writing this sooner, but just booked a trip back down and felt inspired to write a review. My first and it most likely will be my only, and thanks Bernardo for always taking time to talk video games with my son. Looking forward to being there again in 2012.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Kinta is a must visit while in Cozumel. We only came to the island for the day and thankfully knew about Kinta prior to our visit. A fantastic dinner! Great service, grest atmosphere and of course great food!
We had the seared tuna tostadas and the La Kinta salad for starters, the Chile Relleno and Shrimp/Scallops for dinner, Bread Pudding for dessert and two carafes of sangria....everything was spot on perfect. Also a don't miss is the cat Panchita(?)...very cute, very sweet and very hungry ;).

1  Thank Darinjs
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I've been enjoying fantastic meals at Kinta on a regular basis since it opened, and if my memory is correct that was nearly 4 years ago. The food and service has stayed consistently excellent. Kris makes changes to the menu now and then to keep things interesting and he comes up with new and delicious combinations of delightful flavors in a unique way. On my last visit I had the Freska salad (it still amazes me) and the catch of the day in a light, crisp breading with a wonderful sauce. I wish I could cook like that, but since I can't, I'm very grateful for Kinta! Oh...and as popular as Kinta is, I always call for reservations.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Just wanted to chime in that this restaurant is consistently good. I love the sophisticated and romantic ambience in the garden. We eat there at least once on every visit, as well as its sister restaurant, Kondessa.
A few non food notes
- For those of us who might have forgotten our reading glasses that supplied an LED flashlight to read the menu.
- Had bug spray available as it is that time of year in Cozumel
-The ceiling fans eliminated any insects from the area where we were sitting

The service is great and the staff is very accomodating