“Wonderful food & atmosphere”

Blue Angel Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 399 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Great food prepared fresh when ordered - breakfast, lunch or elegant dinners - all with a fantastic view of the ocean.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

One night while staying at El Cid La Ceiba. We decided to take a walk toward town and find a place to eat. We stumbled upon The Blue Angel Restaurant which is about a mike north of El Cid. After looking at the menu, we decided to give it a try. Let's just say that the outdoor dining and the ocean view deck was one of the most beautiful locations we had seen. I ordered chicken fajitas, my wife ordered steak fajitas and our daughter ordered chimichangas. The quality and presentation was top notch. The portions were the largest we had at any restaurant in Cozumel. There was so much food that we couldn't finish our fajitas (although we tried). You won't be disappointed with this dining experience!!!

1  Thank Glascock

Reviewed 19 August 2014

In addition, the entertainment at night was a soothing blend of Mexican romantic songs and popular American tunes. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast and the service was impeccable!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

They will cook to order and the food is tasty and fresh. There is an extra charge for juice and coffee. You are not told this when you book. The buffet at Casa Mexacana and El Cid are far better, and you get a much better value .

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We ate lunch at this restaurant as part of a scuba diving excursion. After diving and snorkeling with the dive shop on the first floor of the building, our group of about 16 were offered one of three entrees for lunch before returning to Playa del Carmen - chicken, fish, or vegetarian. My husband and I both chose chicken. There was almost no one else in the restaurant, but they made us share a table for four with another couple while many tables remained empty. They offered some kind of juice and water, but informed us that sodas would be extra. The chicken was pretty bland and tough on the outside, and came with a few thin fries, a small mound of rice, and shredded cabbage (not Cole slaw). Service was fair. Would not eat there again.

1  Thank jbsbabygirl
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great menu choices, reasonable prices for the area, usually friendly wait staff. We ate most of our meals here on our vacation, and the one meal we had in town, we wished we had eaten at the Blue Angel Restaurant.

For breakfast they don't open till 7, and dive boats all go out at 8, so the restaurant is pandemonium for about 45 minutes. Avoid it if you can. If they opened at 6:30 it might not be such a mad rush. Or get there right at 7, or you may miss your dive boat.

One odd quirk - When they deliver the food they NEVER ask what else you need to get started - you must speak FAST or wait a long time for what you can't start without. We needed utensils and I was trying to get the attention of a waiter, but he was staring right through me. You know the blank look. I waved my hand more abruptly and he snapped "can't you see I have my hands full?" I have never felt so chastised by a waiter in my life. I replied "if you had nodded I would know you saw me." So okay, we should just sit without utensils while our food cools. Perhaps he was just having a bad morning (see "pandamonium" section above) as he was very friendly later on.

Cleanliness was also a problem. We had our table wiped by a rancid beer-smelling rag, luckily it was at the end of a meal so we left immediately. Dirt and trash is also left on the floor too long, making me concerned about sanitation. A pile of a flour-y substance was spilled and left for our whole breakfast, making me think management was taking a day off. Many customers tracked footprints through the substance.

Overall the ambiance was great, chef great, waiters are great most of the time, and sanitation questionable. Management needs to address these items to remain a superb restaurant.

4  Thank merry_traveler_10