“Great tacos and local flavor!!”
Review of Taqueria El Pique

Taqueria El Pique
Ranked #80 of 369 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Latin
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Conroe, Texas
“Great tacos and local flavor!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Great food very reasonably priced right in town with the locals. You will love it. The service was also excellent and they will explain what the items on the menu you may not be familiar with. Traditional taqueria!!

Visited August 2013

Columbia
“Worth the walk...”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had the pleasure of stopping by this little establishment at the beginning of July on my 10th anniversary trip. I read several reviews online and was interested to see how this taqueria stacked up against some of the others I had visited. My wife had two chorizo tacos and two tacos al pastor. I had the fajitas con bistec (beef) which came with a side of frijoles churros and our little sis had some tacos con pollo (chicken). We all had some nice horchata washed everything down.
The food was fresh and filling and the service was very good. The prices were lot better than the prices you will see around the square plus you get a chance to see the real Cozumel. I will definitely have this on my list of visits next time around. I wanted to try the tacos de sesos (brain tacos) or ojo (eye) but was so full from the fajitas there was no room left.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best al pastor on the island”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The tacos al pastor here are everything tacos al pastor should be. Crispy, marinated pork, pineapple, onion, delicious salsa, and soft tortillas. I can't speak to the rest of their menu as I am an al pastor freak and order nothing else.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank benitodisparos
Cozumel, Mexico
“Best tacos and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

El Pique is certainly on the top of the list for great authentic Mexican tacos in Cozumel...there is not much else to order other than tacos and tortas (kind of sandwiches). Very reasonably priced and good quality meat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank marlene b
Sherwood Park, Canada
“How many tacos can you eat?”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If your like me, wanting to avoid the tourist traps and try some great local cuisine then El Piqué should be on your list. Suggested by our dive master, we were eager to learn some new Spanish vocabulary by using the menu to order (menu written on the concrete walls). So much fun to try ALL the different types of tacos. I think we ate 17 tacos between the two of us. Chicken, beef, pork, chorizo, cheese and on and on. Beat that! Entertaining to watch the kitchen staff cook up the food right from your table. Great prices too. Casual eating amongst the locals. Perfect! :)

• Visited April 2013