“Tasty kosher yet very reasonable ”

Jerusalem Kosher Store and Restaurant
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2014 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends are vacationing in Cozumel. We took a long precooked meals and actually worried about the food situation going to go trip we were pleasantly surprised to stumble on this kosher restaurant. The food was sumptuous the portions generous service exceptional and the price very very reasonable.

2  Thank Recup

Reviewed 8 December 2014

it was with mixed feelings I explored the Jerusalem Restaurant. the fancy table cloths, the beautiful views of the ocean and the falafel plate.
To be honest I came here for the falafel plate and while it was not as spicy as I prefer it satisfied me and as well it struck me as a great meeting place. this is where you might come to run into the Rabbi from the local synagogue. And I was not disappointed, as I left the restaurant I noticed that he and his beautiful wife and child also eat here.

1  Thank Mitch G
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bumped into this Kosher restaurant in Cozumel while on vacation. Beautiful, friendly atmosphere. Attentive service. Scenic ocean view. Falafel was great.... best pita we ever tasted! We highly recommend this restaurant. Reasonably priced. Kosher Supervision by Chabad of Cozumel.

1  Thank FloridaMom22
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Cozumel recently. We fell in love in the food, the atmosphere and the service, to the point that we found ourselves coming for dinner every night for a week!! Amazing experience! Thank you

2  Thank Rachel N
MartellNetworks, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jerusalem Kosher Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Rachel N,

Thank you so very much for sharing your review along with all those Tripadvisor points! We love to hear how much you enjoyed our little great place, and it was amazing to have had you here for a whole week, we look forward to having you back soon!!
Greetings!

Jerusalem Cozumel
Social Media Staff

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stumbled upon this place by sheer accident.

The place is on the upper level of the "Forum", an upscale shopping mall basically for high end jewelry. The "forum" itself was deserted on our visit, the sales staff very pushy upon entering the building.

The Jerusalem has a store? Could have fooled me, there was a fridge behind the hosts/hostess desk with bottled water in it. Some store.

The place itself is very attractive, and very clean and the decor more modern than Mexican. The view out to the harbor is stunning. We could see the Disney Fantasy docked across the street.

The menu is two fold, one Kosher Israeli, second, classic Mexican. All is Kosher. Do not look for pork or shellfish here.

One iconic item. matzo ball soup, they were out of, since we arrived just after the main lunch time that probably explained that.

My husband and I shared a large platter with excellent olives, fresh made pita bread, hummus and salad. Then on to shawarma and schnitzel, made with a breast of filleted chicken, both were excellent choices. I particularly enjoyed the Israeli salad, cubed celery and tomatoes, dressed only with kosher salt and fresh lemon juice, The potato fries were more akin to papas fritos, and they were fresh and nearly pure white.

Sauces came with the meal to use for dipping. One was a hot oil sauce, deep red and fiery hot, the other chimichuri, so fresh the cilantro was, the garlic tender.

The portions were large, and left no room for dessert.

1  Thank kencruisetaker

Dear kencruisetaker,

Thank you so very much for sharing your review in Tripadvisor, that was one great and detailed review! We are glad you enjoyed the place, the ambience and your meal. We look forward to having you back soon!

Greetings!