“BEST ON THE ISLAND”

Buena Ventura Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Buena Ventura Diving strives to provide legendary service to all levels of divers. We cater to small groups, families with snorkelers and divers, scuba instruction, cruise ship passengers. We have flexible departure times to fit your schedule, we stay away from the crowds and take great care with our valued customers. We have been taking trips out for over 15 years- our service sets us apart from the rest. We encourage you to customize your trip and make reservations before your arrival.
Jefferson, Wisconsin
“BEST ON THE ISLAND”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I cannot believe it has been 14 years since Ventura took my wife and I and our three teenage girls on their first "real" dive. My family of five being watched by a family of five Spotted Eagle Rays. To this date it is still my most memorable dive of my 20+ year diving. Ventura and Heidi Nah and their family will forever hold a place in our hearts.

The service and professionalism are unsurpassed. We spent 9 days diving with Jorge and Victor and I have to say their knowlege of the reef and the currents is right on. I agree with "Indyskiguy" (previous review), diving with Buena Ventura is like having a private dive charter. The list of creatures big and small is too long for this review. There is NO one other than Buena Ventura we will ever dive with when we visit Cozumel.

So, call Heidi (Ventura's wife) (or is Ventura Heidi's husband?), book your dive trip with them and ENJOY the pristine reefs of Cozumel. Heidi can help you with accomodations as well.

PS: Victor set us up a 1/2 day deep sea fishing trip that was a blast and priced right! The Sailfish was big and beautiful, the Wahoo was YUMMY ( cooked personally by Diego at San Carlos Pescadoria (do not miss this place), and the Baracuda was scary looking. Thanks Victor!!!

Brian and Tammie Turley

Visited June 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba diving trip”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was our 10 year anniversary and we could not think of a better place or better group of people to spend our time with,as always victor and Jorge made us feel as if this was a personal dive charter,with a tropical depression hanging over the island we feared we wouldn't even make it off the dock,but with the professionalism and great knowledge of the currents and abilities of the boat we had 5 wonderful days of diving and the most spectacular night dive,if a critter was hiding Jorge knew where to look,if we needed special setup with gear or an errant o ring victor was on the task,we can not praise the staff enough,from the easy reservations with Heidi and Buena to the personalized service on the boat this made our anniversary that much more special.Thanks again and see you next year...Jimmy/ Melissa

Visited June 2013
Durham, North Carolina
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had a great time with wonderful dive master. Took us to wonderful dive spots. Felt safe. No worries during the tip

Dallas
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“More Great Diving”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Spent 5 days diving with Buena Ventura. 1 night dive, 1 afternoon, 3 mornings. As always Victor and Jorge provide great service - some of the best on the island. I have been diving with Ventura since 1999 and it has always been great. Saw an octopus on the night dive and a crab that would feed a family of 4 for a few days. Lots of turtles a few nurse sharks and on one dive a large green moray out swimming down the reef.

Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
“Cozumel Diving with Ventura”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've been diving with Buena Ventura Diving for years and it absolutely can get no better! Small dive groups are the only way. I've been diving for years but my college-age daughter hasn't been for a while. I simply told Jorge and Victor and I was totally at ease. I told Jorge to show her anything and take nothing for granted. It was a blast watching her look at things he pointed out and then have her turn to me wide eyed and excited! The surface intervals were great with all the water we wanted and fresh fruit. The towels were always a nice touch since she gets cold after the dives. Keeping our gear overnight was great too. Jorge and Victor are definitely the top of the dive game! You will not be disappointed unless the port closes!