Iberostar Cozumel
US$379
US$248
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
US$105
Allegro Cozumel(Cozumel)
US$148
US$136
  • Pool
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$100
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$456
Bookit.com
Blue Angel Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$137
Priceline
US$196
Priceline
5,230 results
All reviewsstar friendsdressel diverspink flamingosfishsteak restaurantwater shoestenderloindive shoprooms are smalltex mexswim up barsand fleasspecialty restaurantsmattress topperrocky beachother resortsmain buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have just had our honeymoon in Iberostar and everything was perfect. Especially the animations were amazing. Normally we both don't like animations, but the ones at Iberostar were perfect. Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Halil C
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for spending your honeymoon with us at the IBEROSTAR Cozumel and for taking the time to send us your warm comments.

We are thrilled to read that you really enjoyed the service of the entertainment team, you can be sure we will share your comments with them so that they will be motivated.

Once more we thank you for all your comments. We look forward to your next visit to your home away from home IBEROSTAR Cozumel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I chose this hotel because my experience with other Iberostar I have been with. But I felt sorry for my decision the first day I arrived there. The guy in the reception is very rude. I asked him something about the room. He didn't even rise his head and only said hold on. And when he had time to talk with me, our room is assigned. And the room is really small here. With two double beds, there aren't any more space even for our suitcases. I think the room is the smallest hotel room I have ever been. And our key cards didn't function 2 times in our stay.

But things got better after that. The diving is amazing in Cozumel. And Iberostar is close to almost all the dive sites. Staffs are very friendly in the the dive center and the resort(except the reception). Food is good(tasted) even the choices are limited. Room is small but functional and clean. Cleaning ladies did a good job. Overall, I think this is a good place to stay for diving in Cozumel. But if you are not into diving, go somewhere else. There are lots of other resorts are must better than here.

It's difficult for the resort to change its hardware(small room, small pool, rocky beach,small kid's club). But I feel that they are trying their best to make the resort better. And I think if they can improve their service in the reception and clean up the beach, this is a good resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vivianyyyang
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our fifth year in row at Iberostar. We love it there the food is ok, but we are here for the diving. It is located close to the premiere dive sites. The rooms was clean with new beds this year no more toppers needed! Francesco was always helpful as ever.Service was excellent at the bars.The only issue is the nightly shows are a little too late for divers. They should start at around 7-8 pm and they would have a lot more people show up to them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rolando M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you like a nice quiet place with good food, roaming wildlife, and a great dive shop, this is the place for you. Last stayed here 3 years ago, and not much has changed. Everything's clean and tidy and the staff is among the best of any of the places I've stayed on the island. The only thing's I'd change is making the internet at least free in the lobby, and I'd have a larger beach bar with a sitting area overlooking the water that stayed open at least until 10pm (after 7pm, you have to make you're way all the way to the lobby area to get a drink -- but, that does keep the resort quiet at night). If you're a diver, you really can't beat this place. The dive masters are all great, and do their very best to keep you safe and comfortable and take you to the best locations (the resort's proximity does help with that). Next time we come back, this place is definitely at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Go with an upper floor room -- the lower level rooms can be a little musty if it rains.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your kind review. We are pleased to hear that we provided you with all the elements to enjoy your vacation once more.

We are very pleased to know that you had a great experience in our property, as you said we are a big family where guests and staff create a great environment. We will congratulate all our staff for the great job they keep doing.

We certainly look forward to have you back.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Okay, I knew going in that the area was known for diving and snorkeling. I enjoy relaxing on the beach so that is where I tried to relax. I sat on that beach for 7 days and not one day did I ever see them CLEAN it. Never straightened out the beach chairs ever and always left over glasses, butts, laying around, nasty. 5-4-2014 thru 5-10-14. Some nice staff like Oscar, Roberto, and maid Rita. Room key would not work so I went to desk only to be told nothing wrong with it and try again. I did and guess what did not work!!!! Went back and another person slid it and re-keyed it and it worked. Food was terrible always cold always. Buffet selections would run out and it would take them forever to refill. Most waiters never re-filled a your beverage had to get it yourself. I quit tipping after my third day(tipping was included I was trying to be nice but they obviously didn't care) Only one meal was good Steak House night. Pool was gross too. One day one of the drunks must have hurled and it floated on the water for hours and that was my second day there. Just gross. I have been luckly to travel the world in my lifetime but I have to say I was really disappointed in this resort. Maybe I was just there a the wrong time hard to say but after this experience I would not want to even try any other Iberostar Resort. In the end you have to decide where you would like to stay, I can only suggest you might want to try another place.

Room Tip: Ask for maid Rita's rooms she cleans and she will do it up right.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jimmcny

Dear Client,

First of all , thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holidays in México and for taking your time to share with us your comments.

We are glad to read despite the issues mentioned, you had a great time with our personnel especially Oscar, Roberto and Rita.

In reference to the cleaning of the beach, our gardeners and the house keeping department every morning clean the tables, lounge chairs and the area. They do this work very early, before our guests start coming down to put their towels on the sunbeds. Our pool is also cleaned throughout the day, and each night deep cleaning with chemicals take place. Our apologies about the issues you are mentioning, which are in no way the experience we want our guests to take home, and please rest assured this will be reviewed with the departments involved to make sure we are following the standards.

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding gastronomy. Our Executive Chef works hard to improve the offerings and keep the quality to a high standard and he is always interested in listening to our guests' feedback, so yours will be forwarded for him to take in consideration.

We deeply regret that you have decided not to return no our property, we thank you once again for your feedback and hope you change your mind and let us show you how we work on our guests' comments.

Kind Regards