“Great time”

Iberostar Cozumel
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a terrific time. the rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly. Don't worry, everyone speaks English, and the understand my terrible accent when I try to speak Spanish.

There is a lot of wildlife. and a lot to see and do. They always have activities, we were never bored. There were plenty of beach chairs, but if we got out a little late, the best spots get taken quickly.

The food is good, but gets a bit monotonous after a week.

The beds were very hard, and a bit uncomfortable. and I would have liked a little shade in the pool, but those are my strongest complaints.

Room Tip: look under the dock when you snorkel, there are thousands of fish. if you have trouble with stairs...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at IBEROSTAR Cozumel with us and the online community.

We are thrilled that you were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff, we will definitely forward your heartwarming comments to all the staff as they contributed to a terrific vacation for you.

We are sorry to find out that you considered the bed to be uncomfortable, we are in the process of changing all our mattresses, and we can see you were not able to enjoy those as yet. For these mattresses though, you can request a foam mattress to our Concierge and they will happily arrange that for you.

We are confident that you will be visiting our hotel again for another great vacation in the future!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

On our last night at the resort somebody had gotten into our room and taken the money out of the safe and also a small amount of money that was left on the table. My girlfriend is certain she locked the safe

The layout of the resort was nice however the rooms were very small and musky. The walls did not have much for insulation you could hear everything in the rooms next to you

The food was quick to give me a stomach bug. We did try the steak house one night the ribeye was awful almost uncuttable or chewable however the tenderloin was pretty delicious

Our servers and the staff and people we talked to were very polite

Of course we had fun. Cozumel is gorgeous but the theft is why I will never come back here again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear client,

Thank you for your informative review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff as well as the tenderloin served at the Steakhouse.

We are disappointed to find out that you were not impressed with other areas of the hotel such as size of the rooms as well as the food selection in general. IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts follows strict internal and external hygiene regulations. Our hotel has a specific Health & Safety department which works in association with an independent external company who is in charge of verifying our hygiene procedures. A variety of causes could be associated with an ailment such as change of climate, consumption of alcohol, the change of food and water type, or even catching a stomach bug. We hope you feel much better now.

We do regret that you were not able to find some of your money upon checking out of the hotel, however as it was explained to you while you were here with us, if your safe deposit box is closed, nobody apart from you and the persons you shared your code with, would have access to the safe. In the event of an unfortunate report like yours, our Security Department must follow a strict procedure that is composed of several steps which are necessary to rule out any possibilities and follow the investigation efficiently. A Public Relations representative must go to the guest's room with a Security Guard first to check if they can find the belongings. The lock is read to ensure there has not been an illegal entry to the room. If somebody comes into the room for any reason (i.e to deliver water), this employee is interviewed and registered by professionals. In your case no service was requested and no other key than your own were registered in the door lock.

We wholeheartedly apologize that you ended your vacation on such a sour note, we hope however, to be given the opportunity of welcoming you back. If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Well been here for one week already and are loving it! Can not fault anything about this resort! Staff are faultless from front of house to grounds keepers. Food is great and changes daily. Drinks are great especially the mojitos! Bring on week two!
Room 6513

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RobpDingle
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Manager and all the IBEROSTAR Cozumel staff, we would like to thank you for your encouraging words.

We are thrilled that you are having a great time due to the friendliness of our staff and that you are also enjoying the food and beverages.

We are confident that the second week of your stay will be just as pleasant!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I think that Iberostar needs to upgrade this property so it rflex what their other properties are and noted to be as a fine vacation experiance. The pool needs to be expanded. Improvements in the rooms also.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

Dear client,

Thank you for your informative review and for sharing it via Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your opinion regarding your recent stay at our property. We are sorry that the facilities provided did not fulfill your expectations. We would like to inform you that we are working tirelessly to maintain and improve our grounds and rooms. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay fully.

Your feedback help us to identify weaker areas, so please rest assured that it will be taken into account.

It would be our pleasure to host you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We arrived July 4,2014 the front desk was nice to us . I emailed ahead asking for some what of a ocean view but didnt get it :( . However they did locate us nicely to everything room 8612. I had great peaceful people Round us so it was ok . Their was construction going on renovating the rooms around . They never bothered us and I am thankful to see them working to fix the place up . As we met a guy that some things broke in the room . He should have been given something to compensate him and his wife but we were checking out so not sure what they did . We had 5 in our group 1 child and 1 couples in 40s other 70s we all enjoyed ourselves and high fives to the activity team .. You all did a fabulous job ! I found as long as I smiled at the works and treated them with respect they all smiled and were nice back . They don't owe us and they are not our servants ... A few of us did get sick but not sure I can say why ... Could have been a virus ... We very much enjoyed our trip to the iberostar and if we don't return its only cause we like to try something different .. The specialty restaurants no longer require long pants .. That's a plus for us . The beds were the best I have ever slept on in Mexico ...... The food is good ... U make your trip :) they just help it to be better

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank lmm3

Dear guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. We were ecstatic to learn that we were able to provide you with a pleasant holiday.

Your comments about our friendly and hardworking staff will serve to encourage our team. Thank you for noticing that we are constantly working on maintaining and improving our property. We will make sure our maintenance team is made aware that their efforts are being noticed. We are delighted that you enjoyed our culinary selection in the specialty restaurants as well as the upgraded mattresses in the rooms.

We are looking forward to your return and hope that you will not hesitate to think of IBEROSTAR Cozumel when planning your next vacation.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week with my family, including my 75 yr old father and four teenage daughters. We had a wonderful time. We went there to scuba dive and relax, for this the resort is perfect!!!! So easy and organized. Nothing fancy, but clean and well run. Staff super nice, gave overall happy and friendly vibe. The beach is nice white sand BUT when you enter the water the bottom is a hard semi flat stone. It didnt bother us at all, we swam barefoot, no gross grass or seaweed, just a hard bottom. Crowd was very casual, lots of t-shirts. A few more tattoos than we are used too, kept the kids amused...

Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your cordial review on this website.

Your recommendation of our friendly staff, including the team of Dressel Divers, and the beautiful beach experience is very encouraging to our team.

Our Management and staff sincerely hope that you and your family will think of returning soon. It would be a privilege to be able to serve you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I have gone to Cozumel numerous times over the last 20 years. This was the best resort on the island that we have stayed. The rooms are comfortable. We slept well on the beds, enjoyed the showers and absolutely loved walking the paths and seeing all the peacocks loose on the grounds and the flamingos near the walk to the dining hall. It was also a treat seeing the yellow headed parrot in the lobby. This was the friendliest parrot I have ever seen and it was gentle with children. The food was a bit better than average in the buffet and the speciality restuarants were good. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had fun learning to shoot a bow and arrow even though most of my competitors were quite a bit younger than I. - My husband and I had to go on snorkeling tours to enjoy the coral reefs and beautiful fish since the hurricane of approx. 5 years ago played havoc with the reefs that used to run along the shore. Luckily the next door neighbor to this resort offers excellent snorkeling tours at a reasonable cost! - This hotel attracks an international crowd and we enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people! -My recommendation and the great pictures I took while at the Iberostar inspired my daughter and her finance to the point they are at the Iberostar in Cozumel now!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Manager and the whole IBEROSTAR Cozumel team, we would like to thank you for choosing our beautiful property for your well deserved vacation.

We are thrilled to read your kind words regarding our rooms, wildlife and friendliness of the staff. Coming from somebody who is very familiar with Cozumel, this is a great compliment and we are flattered.

We hope that from now on, when visiting Cozumel, you always choose IBEROSTAR, as it would be our pleasure to host you again.