Iberostar Cozumel
Allegro Cozumel(Cozumel)
  • Pool
  • Pool
5,230 results
All reviewsstar friendsdressel diverspink flamingosfishsteak restaurantwater shoestenderloindive shoprooms are smalltex mexswim up barsand fleasspecialty restaurantsmattress topperrocky beachother resortsmain buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Resort was overall more than I expected from the previous reviews. Pleasantly surprised with the room and property and overall cleanliness. Good value for the money paid. Food was what I expected for buffet. The room I received was closer to the lobby area and was quiet and clean. No ants or bugs . Only complaint was that the closet was small and no place to put clothes other than a few small shelves. The closet was very dark with no lighting, so it was difficult to see the combination numbers for the safe. Size of the room was adequate for 2 people but could see where it would be tight for a third person. AC in my unit 4401 was working fine and was actually a little too cold. Couldn't figure out how to shut it off! I did not encounter too many mosquitoes on the property, no more than usual for any place in the summertime. Not a diver , but love snorkeling and chose Cozumel for this reason. The dive center on site was a little disappointing, as the snorkel trip was shared with divers . The masks and snorkels were also not fitted correctly and my mask kept sliding down and fogging up and the mouthpiece on my snorkel tore up my mouth a little bit. Would recommend bring your own snorkel equipment if you have it. Also did a snorkeling trip next door with Albertos, which was a much nicer and a more personnel experience . As both trips go to the same reef, and charge the same $, would have skipped Dressels in hindsight and gone with Albertos instead. On the last night of the vacation, also had dinner at Albertos as it is a very short walk to the right of the pier. Enjoyed the beachfront view of the sunset( as the resort did not have any beachfront dining. ) and the food was excellent and not too expensive. Pool activities were fun and although the pool bar can get crowded and rather loud, the overall pool experience was good. Great mint Mojitos!! If you go for a morning excursion though, it may be hard to find a lounge chair around the pool . There were enough places on the beach, however, as most people tended to gravitate towards the pool. Ocean was difficult to navigate getting into, due to the coral, but with water shoes it was manageable.. always could enter from the pier if you wanted. Water temperature was little cooler than the pool water which tended to get hot in the afternoon. Grounds were beautiful and well kept and maintained. As far as the roaming wildlife, they kept to themselves and did not bother you except maybe for the cats at your breakfast table. Netting kept any black birds from trying to steal your food at the table and so it was an enjoyable experience overall. A nice setting with the wildlife but not overwhelming . For what I paid for the vacation, it was overall better than what I expected .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank karlingirl
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your latest holiday.

We are thrilled that we not only fulfilled but exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay at our beautiful property.

Your kind comments regarding our rooms, pool, and available activities demonstrated that our team was successful in facilitating a fantastic visit.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a nice time at Iberostar Cozumel, however honestly it was not as nice as some of the other all inclusives that we have stayed at in the past. The rooms were a bit small. The shower didn't work well. The buffet was just OK. We did really enjoy the theme restaurants, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

Dear client,

We would like to thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Cozumel for your latest holiday.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the theme restaurants and the friendliness of the staff, we will forward your kind words to all the Department heads for them to share with their staff.

It is disappointing for us that you found the rooms to be small, we are currently remodeling some of our rooms to be able to offer some more Junior Suites to our valued guests in the future. Regarding the shower, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. If we are made aware of this kind of situation during your stay, our maintenance team responds as quick as possible to any malfunctions to ensure your comfortable during your holiday.

We hope this isolated incident did not tarnish your impression of our beautiful property, as it would be our pleasure to host you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at Iberostar Tucan for 5 nights July 11th-16th. I visited Iberostar Cozumel for the day on July 13th (It is free to go to Iberostar Cozumel from 9-6 any day if you are staying at Tucan).

HIGHLY RECOMMEND - Take a day trip to Playa Del Carmen and Tucan. The ferry leaves from Cozumel almost every hour. The cost is approximately $25 per person round trip.

As for a day trip in Cozumel - Rent a car and take a trip to the South point of Cozumel. Stop at Senor Iguanas for Lunch and travel and make many stops along the way. My girlfriend and stopped half way on the trip on the beach where we basically had a private beach. A man made area with shade was waiting for us to enjoy. We were able to skinny dip and have the most amazing private time there. The waves are huge. Some rocks in the water so not ideal for swimming.

Iberostar Cozumel - The resort is a little prettier than IB Tucan.

Key Differences - Iberostar Tucan has a huge amazing beach and beauitful blue water with no rocks anywhere. There are small/medium waves that everyone enjoys and most people hang out on the beach and in the water. IB Cozumel has a smaller and quieter beach. There are rocks/coral everywhere in the water. You can not enjoy the water unless you go down the dock and snorkel. The kids looked somewhat bored as they could only walk up to the edge of the water and couldn't go in. A couple people were walking in the water and were having a lot of trouble. You would need water shoes but still lame.

The pool is nice at both places. The swim up bar is in the main pool in Cozumel and there is a separate pool at Tucan.

Tucan has a beautiful Jungle in the middle with more animals. Tucan is beautiful but I would say Cozumel is a little more scenic.

If I were to pick one of the resorts to stay at it would definitely be Tucan. I much rather go in the ocean then spend the entire day in the pool. Tucan is bigger and a bit louder (better for kids) but even on a trip with my girlfriend, I prefer Tucan.

You do NOT get free WiFi at the Tucan (or Cozumel).

Either resort you stay at, go to the other for the day to change it up. You can eat at the buffet, get the free drinks and enjoy the different location.

The Tucan was fantastic. nice room with big king size bed. We had building 13 which was perfect. Right next to the pool and the beach and it was far enough away from where the Star Friends had their nightly shows.

At 10:30 and 3:30 every day there is scheduled beach volleyball which was always very fun.

at 4:00 there is Zumba which many people loved.

Suggestions: email the resort before arriving to schedule your dinners

Tucan was great. I would pick Tucan over IB Cozumel. I would probably not go back just to see the variety of other resorts BUT I would highly recommend going there!!

Bring your own sun screen as it costs over $20 for a bottle.

Thanks Iberostar!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

On behalf of the manager and the staff of IBEROSTAR Cozumel, we would like to thank you for visiting our beautiful property during your recent stay at our sister property.

We do appreciate that you took the time to compare the two properties, like this possible future guests get a better impression of what to expect from each hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your day here with us in Cozumel and hope you will chose IBEROSTAR again in the future for your vacation.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Most of the disappointment was with the room and cleanliness of the grounds. Rooms were quite small and not very updated or well kept. No dressers to put clothes in either. Compared to other all-inclusives we have been to, I just don't think it was as nice. The food was just "ok", but got a little boring after a week and could have been a bit more "Westernized", especially with traveling with kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for sharing your informative review.

We are glad that you enjoyed the food even though there were other areas of the hotel that did not fulfill your expectations. It is disappointing for us that you did not enjoy the layout of the rooms, we would like to inform you however that we are currently remodeling some rooms of the hotel and upgrading them into more spacious Junior Suites to have a broader variety to offer to our valued clients.

We hope that you will consider IBEROSTAR Cozumel once again for your vacation.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a great time at this resort, our first stay at an all-inclusive, but we will probably stay in a different area next time. We liked Iberostar but for a lot of reasons would choose a different location if heading back to the Cancun area.

One thing I did not appreciate about the iberostar was the fact that I could find so little specific information about it online, even on their own website. They give you a flier with some specifics when you get to the resort, but why not allow people to read that ahead of time? Because I'm a blogger, I figured people would appreciate being able to find such info, so when I returned, I wrote a detailed, specific review post, which you can find here: http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/2014/07/everything-you-wondered-about-iberostar.html

Room Tip: Ask to have a bungalow that doesn't face the pool. It's fine if your building is next to the pool; just have your room on the opposite side. Ours was a stone's throw from the pool, but because we were on the back side of it, we didn't hear a peep of the music and fun when in our room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your latest holiday. We get to understand that you liked the grounds in general which is satisfying for us, however it disappoints us that you found our website to be lacking. Please accept our apologies for the shortcoming in this aspect, we will forward your comments to our Marketing team for consideration.

We have read your blog, thank you so much for posting so much information on your impressions on our resort; it will certainly be helpful for possible future guests. You have taken beautiful pictures. We take note of all your constructive comments as well; it is thanks to our customers' feedback that we keep improving.

We hope to be able to welcome you again at IBEROSTAR Cozumel as it would be our pleasure to host you again in the future.