5,463 results
All reviewsstar friendsdressel diverspink flamingosfishsteak restaurantwater shoestenderloindive shoptex mexrooms are smallswim up barsand fleasspecialty restaurantsrocky beachother resortsmain buffetshows at night
Reviewed 31 August 2004

I recently spent two weeks in this resort with my family and things were at best OK. The comments regarding cleanliness by some of the other reviewers are very true, glasses left by the tpool all night etc. Our first few days we spent in a room where everything, absolutely everything was damp, including the clothes that we had not unpacked. On our second day the balcony adjoining our property collapsed. For the next day we listed to chainsaws and hammers while they repaired the site. Our balcony remained looking like a building site and was never cleaned. This forced us to move rooms. The second was a little better, not so damp, but after two days of rain flooding out the room I decided it was time to bring the family home early. I cannot even get the hotel chain to refund my money for the two days when the room was vacant, they will not respond to my emails. Good luck if you are planning to stay at this resort.

3  Thank Neiltc
Management response:Responded 10 September 2004

My apologies for your inconveniences during your stay. Please send all correspondence regarding your trip to my email address at rrppczm@iberostar.com.mx so I can assist you. Again, I apologize for your inconveniences and for your not receiving a response.

Reviewed 30 August 2004

We went for the second time and loved it again. The week from August 22 to 29 was pleasantly quiet. It is still paradise and there is not much I need to add to the posted reviews. If you do not like to be close to nature you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Compared to a year ago:

Food is in general wonderful with the occasional disappointing dish. Some effort was made to offer more variety. Especially for lunch a good idea.

The service was even better than before. Waiter recognized us from the year before and it was almost like having a personal servant. We tipped but never felt a need to do so.

Room showed a few beginning signs of wear and tear. Also: How about a second chair?

We also like Funjet and their smooth and efficient service from Dallas.

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank attractiveprof
Reviewed 29 August 2004

My family visited the Iberostar Cozumel the last week of July. Since I read so many reviews, thought it was appropriate to post my own. We took our children (10 and 3) and the grandparents. We requested rooms by the pool which were accomodated.

Rooms - the rooms are small and could be a problem is you pack a lot of clothes. We traveled light so it wasn't a problem. The AC worked well and we actually got chilly at night. The beds are hard, but as my husband said..."not hard enough to complain about or get a back ache." There is a hair dryer in the room but you may want to bring your own since the one provided is not very hot or powerful. The mini bar was kept stocked with what we requested. I gave the maid a tip at the beginning of the week and we were treated great.

Pool - the pool is nice and the swim up bar is quite handy. I was disappointed that the pool area was not cleaned nightly. In the morning, cups from the previous day were still littered around the chairs.

Restaurant - we tried the steak and mexican restaurant. I would not suggest either. Since the steak restaurant is not air conditioned, it was very hot and uncomfortable. I also did not think the selection was very good. We tried the mexican restaurant, but the kids and grandparents left hungry. They could not find anything on the menu they liked. The big restaurant was hit with everyone. The selections were good and the kids always found something they like. I think I saw chicken nuggets at every meal!

Bar - I was a bit worried about the alcohol selections at an all inclusive. I have to say that the Iberostar had many top shelf liquors. The selections were very good.

Diving - we have visited Cozumel for many years and have always used Dive Paradise. They picked us up at the dock without any problems from the Iberostar. My son took the intro scuba course and became certified. The dive center at the resort was awesome with him. I can't say enough good things about how they treated our son and watched over him in the water. Thanks Jonathan!!

I would highly recommend renting a car and going to the other side of the island. The beach and surf is beautiful. There are several little food/beer joints that are a lot of fun. My 3 year old slept on a hammock on the beach for 2 hours. Great pictures!

This was a great resort for the family and the Iberostar treated us well. I would definitely recommend for families.

• Stayed: January 2005
4  Thank Happiness25090
Reviewed 28 August 2004

i absolutley love the iberostar cozumel...the food is amazing...i am surprised it recieved any negative reviews at all....it is available at most hours and the variety is incredible...i am well travelled and this place has made me very happy twice...the lodging was great...even with a thatched roof and "some" rainfall...we enjoyed our room immensely...the service was wonderful...the property well kept and afforded a lot of privacy for a couple...and i am trying VERY hard to get booked in there for a little after christmas treat....cozumel...here i come...

1  Thank NorthStar8181
Reviewed 27 August 2004

Hi. Fist of all, excuse me my bad english. Mi family and me just came back from Iberosatr Cozumel. Our trip: one week, from Aug. 17 to 24. This is a great place. Every year, we go to many all inclusive hotels in Mexico, and I can say that this is one of the best I have been.
The beach: yes, lot of rocks, but if you take a water shoes, you will not have any problem. In fact, if you get the water from the pier, you can snorkeling, sweeming o just feeding the fish with out problem. Also, you have white and soft sand and a beautiful blue sea. The room, yes little. I just recommend 2 adults per room and 2 children no older than 12... No more. If you go with children 12 years old or more, ask for then thier own room. The best room building 81 and 82, because those are just next to the pool and it is very convenient to people traveling with small children. The pool: great, just great. The "star-friends" or young entretainers: well, here is and advise: a couple of them say ugly things in spanish to foreing people that doesn't speak spanish. Then, for those guys it is a joke to see people that does't understand the "joke". Bad. Some one in the hotel must tell them that in the hotel there are a few mexican people and a few people from Spain that understand the "bad jokes" in spanish. The food: very good. But, I do not recomend the stake restaurant. The mexican restaurant is very good, maybe to go a couple of times. The bars: well, in the wet bar in the pool there is the cheap bands, but they are good, like to spend your day in the pool area with a Mono Sucio, Banana Mamas, a Blodie Mary or a beer in your hand. You can find some beter brands in the lobby bar and in the theater bar. The workers: great people. Very atenttive. Tip them. As a mexican, I know about salaries in my country. Tip them, please. The iguanas: a few. The gecos: a lot. The mosquitos: just a little and only after 18:30. Use a repelet. The bees: be carefull with your small children and the bees that fall in the water pool. One of those hurt my baby in her hand. But, bealive me: Iberostar is a great hotel in Cozumel. I think, the best. Have a nice trip, as me. And to all peoeple: don't say: "Remeber, you are in México..." My country is one of the nations that have one of the best touristic industrie. I bealive is better that you think when you live your house for a vacations, you go after a new experiences. If you don't want new experiences, is much better you stay in home.

7  Thank JCMEX