“Great dive club!”

Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great dive club!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have been in Cozumel several times, but it was the first time with my boyfriend. We are both very in to diving, but the location close to town and a romantic atmosphere were also critical for my choice this time around. Scuba club was the perfect choice. The location is convenient to visit San Miguel, and the facilities are ideal for a diver. We had 4 great days. Making the reservation was easier than i expected, and they took great cared of my requests, giving us the perfect room for a romantic get away (sea view, privacy, great ample room).
Diving wise: I was very exited about the unlimited shore diving, but we ended up just using it once. there is not so much to see there and the currents are strong. Very convenient for a test dive before getting into the boat though.
Diving in Cozumel is always a pleasure, and we had Pepe as Divemaster. He took very good care of us. Were able to go to the Devil's throat with him, which was very important for me (I have dived it 3 times, but it was the first time for my boyfriend in Cozumel - He is a very experienced diver and I really cared about getting him there to experience such an awesome dive). Pepe did take the time to get to know us underwater before taking us there, which i really liked. The club has great boats, the entrance to the shore dive is perfectly planned, the hammocks are great for an afternoon nap, and the food (all included in a very reasonable price for Cozumel) is best in class!
I would definitely go back

Room Tip: Ask for what you need while making the reservation. They will hook you up. Plenty of options, and th...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at Scuba Club for 7 days, in February 2013. It was our first trip, but won't be our last. The diving was wonderful, and I can highly recommend Pepe as a dive master, though everyone seemed happy with whoever was assigned to them. A unique feature of the hotel is the checkout dive space in front of the hotel. We saw a moral eel, spotted eel, and a sharptail eel, as well as Southern stingray and many kinds of fish, all in 20 feet of water ! It takes about 45 minutes by boat to get to most of the dive sites, but they provided a lot of diversity (walls, reefs, wrecks and caves, depending on which site). The room was spacious at the hotel, and the food excellent. The lunch and dinner specials were exceptionally good examples of Mexcian regional dishes. The staff was uniformly happy,and many had been with the Scuba Club for decades. We'll be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DenizPittsburgh
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2013

When I was on a tight budget I stayed here once . It was OK for the money . First trip here I had no complaints .
I went back a few months later with a dive buddy . Same staff same management .
We were rushed on all dives . Maximum dive time with safety stops were 40 minutes .
This time the food had fallen a few notchs .
I got extremely sick for three days with a stomach virus .
The staff were demanding tips towards the end of the trip .
If you are a beginner diver with less than a 100 dives you may like the escorted tours and short bottom times .
The rooms are not bad but nothing to write home about .
I would spend a few dollars more and so one of the budget hotels down the road .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank Rockit L
Folsom, California
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Best Dive Resort for the price. Great service, super friendly staff. Dive Operation is top-notch. I brought 28 divers in early Sept'12 and there wasn't anything the dive staff could handle. EANx was always ready and safety was a high priority. The food was good and plentiful.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for the rooms on the veranda.... especially if you have a group. Great place to hang...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Corona
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This was my first trip to Cozumel. This place did not disappoint in any way shape or form. I will say, diving during the first week of August can be a bit dicey. Monsoon season was well underway. We only missed one day of boat diving during the week. The place was reasonably priced for diving. The shore diving was pretty good. One suggestion is to visit the Walmart type of store just a short 8min walk from the resort. You can purchase beverages and snacks to store in your provided room fridge. The night diving was beyond incredible. Our DM was pretty good. Try to get on a boat with the least people as possible to enjoy your diving. If you are an advanced diver, let the shop know and they will try to help get you out with other advanced divers. Scuba Club pretty much says it all....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank James B
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 31 January 2013

If you are a diver who wants to only dive eat and dive this is a nice place for you . If you. Are like us and want to dive eat at many different places and see the other parts of the island this is not for you . The views from about a third of the rooms are fantastic another third have good views but the last third has no view and because many who come here stay her for 24/7 you will see parades of people walking by all day . The dive masters are great , much nicer then their neighbors . The food is good , I see many people say the food is great , I think theses are the people who confuse a lot of food with good taste . Since everyone must buy all the food in package you can imagine how it is like when a couple hundred people try to eat at one or two times . Since everyone dives in
the morning their is a line at 7am to get your food before you meet the boats at 8am . Dinners are
served in three shifts so much less crowded and no lines . The rooms are nice but beware we heard two rooms yesterday that had electrical problems , like when they turned on the water from the sink they would get a shock , yes I even asked and the manager said they took care of it . They do list no phones or TVs so realize that , they do have Internet but you can not get it in your room .
That's okay so long as it is not hot or raining outside , we could not get it even on our patio we had
to go to a sun deck to get get service . Have a business that needs access so I rented a room at the hotel across the street , it was nice and only $72 from an online hotel site . It was cheaper then using my data on my cell phone . I was okay with it and when I told the front desk not to clean our room they brought out a manager and even after I said I am okay with paying for both she got very
defensive . If I ever came here again I would rent across the street $72 per night and use scuba
club cozumel for diving . The dive shop at hotel across the street is not as nice as scuba club . Plus at the other hotel I do not need to eat 21 meals at the same restaurant .
Can't swim in their pool it is green . Shore diving is nice

Room Tip: You can request an ocean view , many people who get no view ask and are moved no a room with a view...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anthony D
Timothy M, General Manager at Scuba Club Cozumel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
We always appreciate feed back and take them seriously as we are always trying to improve the quality of our service. The week you were here we were 100% full and unable to move you to another room which we do whenever possible if the client is not satisfied with the room. When we are full the internet does get slow, we are in the process of upgrading the system at this time. Breakfast is the only meal where there maybe a line, we offer service in both restaurants when we are full to help, though many people prefer to eat al fresco thus using mostly the downstairs restaurant. In any regards people finish with ample time and are usually waiting for the boats not the other way around. As far as not wanting all your meals at the hotel we can understand this and offer our "lite"option without dinner.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is a well run resort for diver with some amazing drift diving. Boat rides take about an hour in the morning to get to the reef for your first dive, followed by a one hour surface interval and your second dive. Food is great, lot of mexican food, fish

Dive crew and resort staff are super helpful and friendly

Room Tip: far away from the dive shop. We woke up every morning to the noise made by hundreds of tanks being l...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends