“Best Dive Package”
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 15 December 2013

There are very few dive resorts that have things as together as Scuba Club Cozumel...in all the world. Everything is convenient and a great value. We will continue to go there, and do every year. Just got back, and can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Scott T
There are newer reviews for Scuba Club Cozumel

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I chose this resort because of it's close proximity to downtown and it's reasonable rates. What I experienced over a 3 week stay was incredible divemasters, great food, and quality staff throughout. I got to know many of the staff very well over that period. The supervisor at the dive shop (Henry) was knowledgeable and sharp. As a PADI Master Instructor I Consider myself as a significant critic. I saw him as sa great divemaster and dive shop manager. I found the divemasters awesome at finding things at at the same time very safety conscious, especially with the un-predictable currents.

The meals were exceptional. My only complaint is the food volumes. The food presentations were awesome but divers also need quantity. I would suggest slightly larger amounts for vegetables or a choice of 2 different kinds.

The management was amazing. I expect to return to this location in the near future with more divers from our area of Canada.

My only complaint is the lack of a television. It's a personable choice but most great resorts have them. Here the free WIFI is good but I like to keep current with the news.

I'd like to thank the cleaning staff for being the most honest team I have seen in many years of international traveling. It was never an issue and I did not hesitate in leaving my room un-locked.

I will be back!
Ray Martin
PADI Master Instructor

The restaurant staff and supervisors went out of their way to create an awesome environment with exceptional service

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd level room or higher if you want a great overall room. Stay away from rooms facing the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ray M
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We just got back from Cozumel last night. Scuba Club Cozumel is great! We had the all-inclusive package with 5 days of diving and 3 meals each day. The dive shop is on-site, there are lockers in several locations on the property but you need to bring your own lock. You will be assigned to a boat for the duration of your trip so you get to know the routine and people on your boat. The first dive is a nice check-out dive for those who need to get comfortable in the ocean - still a really nice dive.
The rooms have safes, there is wifi and like other reviewers have mentioned, the floors are all tiled as they know we will be dragging wet suits in. They have drying bars outside each room, I recommend bringing your own hangers as the ones available were not strong enough to support our wet suits. The resort is close enough to town so you can easily walk without having to take a cab each day.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, hip or knee issues you need to let them know. If you ask for a part...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beanctr999
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is not a luxury resort. This is a very functional resort. Scuba Club is ideal for divers. The accommodations are authentic Mexican style, (tile, hard surfaces). Air conditioners and fans in all the rooms. Almost every room is unique. There are outside storage lockers for your gear (bring your own lock). Your stay includes meals, diving, and accommodations. With reservation, you can dive here without staying here.

Most consistent weather is May and June. Nov to April can be great but is more weather dependent.

The mega store is within walking distance and has anything you could want.

Room Tip: Rooms are assigned but sometimes,depending on occupancy level, you can request or change rooms. The...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2mchfn
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My buddy and I spent a great week diving in Cozumel. This was my first trip to Cozumel, and I would definitely go back, and I would stay at SCUBA Club Cozumel again. The rooms were comfortable and clean and set up for divers. with drying bars outside the rooms to hang wet gear. Our room was one of the highest rooms at the resort, and offered great views of the ocean (though it was a bit of a hike up the stairs:)). The food was great and Mexican selections were always available. The dive operation was convenient and easy. Lockers were staged near the dive shop and at the shore dive entry point. Water was 83F and clear. The best dives were Palancar Caves and Paso de Cedral - turtles, sharks, lobsters, rays, angelfish, frogfish. Shore diving at the resort was fine, but not a lot of reef, though it still made for a good night dive. Sign up early in the week for a night dive and the wreck dive if you want ot do them. The dives happen when there are enough people to justify taking out the boat, and its easy to miss out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had first visited SCC last Christmas and had a good time, but after a week some of the dives started to blur together. To change things up this time I brought my sidemount rig. In addition to keeping things interesting, this would also let me stay down with the DM longer. I was concerned about how I'd be received but things turned out great. After a short explanation of my intent, Raymondo at the scuba desk caught on quickly and did a great job of meeting my needs even on short notice.

SCC does a two-tank boat dive each morning. I brought along a tank of nitrox for each dive. SCC also let me bring along a third tank, of air, and I split it across the two dives. Each time I went on a new boat or worked with a new DM it took a minute to explain my situation, but they all understood quickly and provided their standard great service. I did giant strides or back rolls off the boats. Due to the current, attaching and detaching the tanks from a drop line would have caused too much of an inconvenience to the other divers.

This trip to SCC I got to do a lot fewer swim throughs than my last trip, but they also made the effort to get us to Devil's Throat, so I can't complain too much.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fousa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

What a great place for divers! Relaxed atmosphere but you can tell the management and staff are hustling because everything always perfect. I visited once with a large group and once with just my wife. Had an excellent time on both trips.

The Club is a short walk from town and there always things to do there in the evening - if you have the energy and are not doing a night dive off the pier. The boat diving is well managed and, weather permitting, the crew is open to any suggestion for dive spots. The dive guides are very familiar with the sites and are not restrictive for experienced divers the way some operators are. The boat crews and shop staff are top quality.

I thought the selection and quality of food was great. We tended to stick with the daily specials or vegitarian specials and were never disappointed. The cafe staff is friendly and efficient.

If you are not a diver this might not be the place for you as there is not a large health club, wild night life or walk-in beach. If you are a diver, beginner or experienced, this is definitely a place to visit.

We will visit more often once I can figure out how to get that whole independently wealthy thing going;)

Room Tip: Room selection has more to do with what day of the week you arrive but we spent so little time in th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple