“what else can you say, but wonderful??” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Veneta, Oregon
“what else can you say, but wonderful??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I absolutely love this place. This was our second time here... my boyfriend dives, I do not..... He loved the DM he had this time, Choki (Luis)..... he had awesome dives..... while I had excellent time in the hammocks, reading, and relaxing.... shops are within walking distance, or within taxi distance. The security guard is there to flag one down for you if you need one. No problem!
Fransisco, Tomas, and Albierto are fantastic in the dining room.... and housekeeping is thorough and quick. I can't picture staying anywhere else.

As to the review about security asking the people to leave, I say Kudos!!! to SCC. It gives me a great sense of security to know that we are being looked after. The divers leave their very expensive dive gear laying out to dry, and we are all on a trust system there. Thank you, SCC, for keeping us safe!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brandi W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just returned from a week here. I can't say enough good things about it. The rooms were clean, food was good, and diving was fantastic. Even the shore dives were great. I went with a group and our divemaster, Nestor, was the best. I saw him checking on us all the time and he did a great job of finding and pointing out different animals.

For great drif diving, and a good place to stay, come here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ron S
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a fabulous first stay at Scuba Club Cozumel. It was our first time at a dedicated dive resort, and I was a bit nervous to see how it was going to go. The resort was very nice, clean, and well kept. I was concerned about the fact that there was nothing to do there, but with 2-3 dives a day, I was always more than happy to come back to shore and sit by the water in a hammock with my book and a drink all afternoon. The closeness to town was so convenient. We went to El Chedrui on more than one occasion for things we forgot, and to get snacks. Our previous stays on the island were always at the resorts in the south, so the cab fare was expensive and it was an ordeal going into town.
The diving was fabulous. Turtles, Nurse Sharks, Lionfish (<<boo), Rays, Eels, Seahorses, and tons of other fish and sea life. We were more than pleased with the DM's and the boat crews. The people at the resort were great...friendly and fun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen K
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for a week and just loved it. It's a no frills hotel with amazing convenience for divers. They have an area for your dive equipment to dry right outside your room and lockers to keep your stuff in too if you chose. It's a very short walk from any of the rooms to the boats, and they have rinse tanks near by for all your equipment as well. The food was amazing which made us wish we had done the all inclusive package that includes dinner. We decided to just do breakfast and lunch to save some money, but in the long run it ended up costing us more to eat in town. Everyone is so nice and to my surprise most everyone spoke English very well. I do know some Spanish but not very much so I was glad communication was never an issue here. We dove with DM Ariel the whole time and just one other couple most days on the scuba II. Ariel is amazing he was always super helpful and seems to have a lot of experience which made me feel very at ease. He also solved my foggy mask issue that I usually have. We dove with Brian as well twice for afternoon dives and he is also amazing! He can spot things from miles away underwater I don't know how he does it! The whole dive operation seems incredibly safe and well run.

I would like to address the comment I saw before mine about the people who were upset that the guard didn't let them hang out and wait for a friend. Good! personally I'm glad that they don't let random people hang around especially when a lot of people leave their expensive gear outside their room. I felt good about how there is always a guard on duty and now I'm glad to hear that scuba club is watching out for guests. This just makes me want to come back even more! Thank you scuba club for the amazing time, we will be back.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a downstairs room if you want to avoid hauling your stuff up stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

scuba club Cozumel is a great place for divers they have a great way of organizing there dive boats and it is just diver friendly. if your family is certified you will have a great time and if you have a little one like me i am 11 and i got certified in 2014 at scuba club Cozumel my dive master his name was William and he did a great job. also the food there is the best our sever his name was Alberto he was great scuba club Cozumel is the place to go .

Room Tip: get one of the terraces facing the water if you can if you don't it is still really great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grant K
Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

It’s been 3-4 days now & we are still mad about the way we were treated here. In the past, we have gone diving, snorkeled in front, ate in the restaurant here & relaxed in the hammocks here. We have also had friends stay in the rooms here. NEVER again will we have anything to do with Scuba Club Cozumel! In the past I have highly recommended you. Note this has already been shared on all of our Facebook pages too. We’ve told all of our friends about our horrible experience.

We arrived at approximately 11:45 am. Our plan was to relax in the hammocks & have a drink while we waited for friends who went out on the morning dive boats. When they got back we were going to eat lunch in the restaurant. The security guard at the gate asked us why we were there & we told him. Which he didn’t understand. Because when we started to walk towards the hammocks he insisted that we were going the wrong way & sent us to the dive shop. There was no one at the dive shop. I know that the boats come back sometime around 1 from past experience. The reason we got there early is because we had been out shopping & doing other stuff on the island.

We get to the hammocks. Set our stuff down and sit down. About the time we sit down a guy comes up & asks why we’re there. We tell him the same thing. He says we can’t wait there for our friends. I ask why and he just says we have to go. Note there was NO ONE at any of the beach chairs, in any of the other hammocks, at the pool or in the restaurant. I said really even if we’re buying drinks now & lunch when our friends get here & he says no.

I then go to the main hotel desk. The lady opens the window but can’t bother to stop talking on her personal phone call. I asked her the same thing about buying food & drinks while we wait for our friends. She said FINALLY said no. She then said something to her friend on the phone about us. I only understood a small portion of what she said because I speak limited Spanish. I really am surprised that they’d turn away business.

We have NEVER been treated so rudely. Most places are ok with you being on their beach if you at least purchase drinks. I’d think you’d be the same since your hotel appeared to be pretty empty & there was no one else around. From now on we’ll take all of dive & dining business elsewhere. You might want to evaluate your staff & your priorities. Especially in this day and age of social media. A minimum of 600 people probably saw our Facebook posts & how many will read this? Just something for you to think about.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank DnJ81005
Timothy M, Manager at Scuba Club Cozumel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I'm sorry you feel that you were treated rudely. We take the security and privacy of our guests very seriously. For that reason the security guard asks that you check in with the dive shop if that is your aim or the front desk. You did neither. Our facility and services are for our guests only. When you were asked to go to the front desk you refused and when you did get to the front desk some insults were thrown at our receptionist who was on the phone with the dive shop finding out if your friends were diving with us, they were not. I believe the security guard also got a few choice words from you upon your exit. These employees were only doing their Jobs, and never raised their voices or hurled insults.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

They had 6 dive boats (at the time I wrote this review) on their Dive fleet for different purpose and size of the group . They arrange the divers into different groups , even in the same boat divided into group of 4-5 divers per dive masters . They are very safety conscious , care for detail. Beginners are special put in a group.
I love their big boats , Reef Cat and Reef Divers and Reef Star are 3 big boats , spacious ,for changing gears, plus with big camera tables. I had pro- level video camera housing and movie lights ,so I prefer those boats like Reef Cat or Reef Divers. So No one could step on my expensive camera or drop some heavy stuff on it.
The downside is The camera water Tank is not big enough, if over 3-4 big cameras are loaded at the same time. The Camera Lens or housings may crash each other. There was a trip that 5 divers had big size camera housings and 5 divers with small cameras .

Their hotel room are small and plain, not luxury type, so I did not stay there.

They had excellent facilities for Dive gears rinse tanks,(But change water only once a day), fresh water shower, and lockers for storage. also nice hammocks , beach chairs , patio tables etc. for relaxation and watching sunset, perfect scenery even on the ground floor. They had their own private Pier.
Those big boats are not speed boats, so NOT very fast but very comfortable with fresh water shower , water tanks for cameras and toilets and ice coolers , Oxygen equipments.

They also let you to do unlimited Shore dive just outside their pier, 20-24 feet deep. For those just arrived they can check out their equipments and skills in shallow water , free.
I did one night Dive with a group of 7. Minimum 6 before they will send a boat to go out for night dive. They use a small boat called Observer - 33 feet long only but still had a small camera table.
A short ride to Paradise Reef. Very clear water for that nights dive to about 45 feet. i could see the moon in the sky even underwater.

I did check the Carbon Monoxide level in all the tanks that I use for diving. So far during my vacation there total 12 dives in May 2014. all of them pass the CO test. results of all the tanks that were tested are 000 to 001 that is 1 ppm or less. There are no trucks or cars parking near their filling station. Excellent location in a private setting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family